Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2014, 10:18 AM   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
THX for drudging up the pic :)

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
He he, interchangeable backs, focusing screens, built-in waist level and eye-level finders

Pentax 24x36 digital = hybrid of Rollei SL 2000F / SL 3003 and Pentax LX ?

"a (...) modular approach (...) that would use K lenses, with mirrorless, apsc and FF modules that could be changed" = that was the essence of the Ace (mount) project.
Waist level goes-bye bye with tilting LCD screens.... I must admit, that the ergonomics on an adjustable tilt grip (attachable rt or left) would help ergonomics (tilt back)... It wouldn't need to be as thick as 3003, more like 1/2 as deep as 645z.... If not modular sensors, ok gets even thinner (thick as a MZS front-to-back for mirror box) still less than half of a 645....

09-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #92
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool ideas but you have to sell it around $2700 and make a profit at the factory and a high profit margin in the retail channel.
09-25-2014, 12:28 PM   #93
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GlassJunkie Quote
Waist level goes-bye bye with tilting LCD screens....
Actually it does not because (stupidly), in these cases (that I know of) you can't reverse the image left-right and however strange (no.. stupid is a better description) it may seem, the left-right inversion is a feature.
It is an essential part of the waist-level finder.

Call me crazy if you want
09-25-2014, 12:55 PM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Agreed on WL Left/Right as a feature...

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Actually it does not because (stupidly), in these cases (that I know of) you can't reverse the image left-right and however strange (no.. stupid is a better description) it may seem, the left-right inversion is a feature.
It is an essential part of the waist-level finder.

Call me crazy if you want
I just never used it. I was so "linear" in my thinking, I always bought prisms on my MF rigs, if it was not OEM (Pentax/Mamiya 6445/n/ds...

09-26-2014, 03:15 AM   #95
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GlassJunkie Quote
I just never used it. I was so "linear" in my thinking, I always bought prisms on my MF rigs, if it was not OEM (Pentax/Mamiya 6445/n/ds...
Yep, I l know what you mean. I takes lots of efforts at first and even used to, it asks for concentration.
But (and that is priceless to me) it allows me to see things differently. My eye is less catched with people and more sensible to figures, lines.
It is hell of a lot easier to me for abstract subjects or when composition includes e.g. buildings.

The up/down though (with my 4x5 outfit) is very annoying to me.