Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2014, 05:38 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
What Pentax didn't do at Photokina...

I know there are plenty here who were disappointed in Pentax at Photokina. Samsung released a DSLR with better specs all around. Nikon released a new full frame. There was plenty offered from other makers there, but what was new for Pentax? One new lens that wasn't all that fast? They couldn't even do it as a constant aperture of 4 and it was bigger than the 18-135? What does this mean for Pentax?

They didn't have a full frame prototype on display, they didn't give the specs on 2 of the lenses they were showing, and they didn't give us an updated flagship DLSR as was rumored. You know what this means?

09-20-2014, 05:53 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
They didn't have a full frame prototype on display, they didn't give the specs on 2 of the lenses they were showing, and they didn't give us an updated flagship DLSR as was rumored. You know what this means?
They have released two flagship DSLR's recently. One is the best APS body out there and the other the best MF digital out there.
09-20-2014, 06:02 PM   #3

The K-S1 was announced a month ago and the Q-S1 a couple of weeks before that... I'd be satisfied with that.

Last edited by ppppsssstttt; 09-20-2014 at 06:13 PM.
09-20-2014, 06:37 PM   #4
Pentaxian

This really isn't news, but anyway, I think 2015 will be a better year!

09-20-2014, 06:41 PM - 3 Likes   #5
Pentaxian

The 'Pentax is doomed' line is getting more than a bit tired. Semi funny the first time...but enough already..
09-20-2014, 06:44 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
The 'Pentax is doomed' line is getting more than a bit tired. Semi funny the first time...but enough already..
Pentax is doomed is basically synonymous to pentax, the phrase has been around probably as long as pentax itself

I find it amusing that it's part of the pentax culture, but it might be kinda discouraging to some I know
09-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ricoh/Pentax releases products when they are ready. Holding releases back, or rushing them forward to meet the deadline of Photokina (or CP+, or any other gab-fest) is seen as counter-productive. I tend to agree, but others may not.

09-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Those other poor companies need some limelight once in a while too! Trying to release your products at the same time everyone else releases their products seems like a pretty good way to not grab peoples attention!
09-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Huh, I thought the OP was just being humorous.
09-20-2014, 07:11 PM - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Huh, I thought the OP was just being humorous.
Those who ignore the K-3 thread don't know this post was debuted there. It is a cross-post/
09-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Those who ignore the K-3 thread don't know this post was debuted there. It is a cross-post/
I ignore that thread and the OP. What am I even doing posting here?
09-20-2014, 07:23 PM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I ignore the K-3 because I can't afford it. Or perhaps its because I just like the K-01 so damn much...
09-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #13
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I know there are plenty here who were disappointed in Pentax at Photokina. Samsung released a DSLR with better specs all around. Nikon released a new full frame. There was plenty offered from other makers there, but what was new for Pentax? One new lens that wasn't all that fast? They couldn't even do it as a constant aperture of 4 and it was bigger than the 18-135? What does this mean for Pentax?

I am unsure of the point of this thread, are you simply stirring the pot? We've already discussed the aforementioned topic numerous times in the photokina threads.
09-20-2014, 07:31 PM   #14
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I simply consolidated what everyone was saying into one spot. Besides, if enough doom and gloom come about I might snag a K3 for 600 dollars.
09-20-2014, 07:36 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Or perhaps its because I just like the K-01 so damn much...
Ahh . . . another ½ dSLR shooter.