Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #61
Pentaxian

...but price

10-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
I understand that the circumstances of the quote are sketchy, to me it seems genuine since the speaker doesn't have any personal investment on the matter (perhaps I'm being naive) So far only two mystery big zooms that might work on the FF system have been unveiled without any specification. As far as the new limited making an appearance before the camera, it gets me excited beyond measure. Whether wide angle or a short-telephoto it should be a stellar performer. If Pentax can refresh the d-Fa line the new system should be spectacular through and through.

---------- Post added 09-22-14 at 07:22 AM ----------

I found the rumor genuine because the writer doesn't seem to have a personal investment on the system (perhaps I'm being naive). Apart from the new zoom lenses that are "under engineering" we haven't gotten much details on new lenses. I was also intrigued by the mentioning of a new limited to go with the new FF system. Whether its a wide angle or short-telephoto lens (i'm leaning towards the former), It's going to be a stellar performer. Coupled with some refreshed D-FA limited lenses, the Pentax FF it's going to be extraordinary. These are exiting times indeed.
It seems genuine to you because you want it to be true, maybe? As for his "personal investment", I know plenty of people who make stuff up for the attention. Here we are talking about what he wrote and who knows where else he's being quoted.
I'm not fully caught up on the FF talk but is there any credible source stating the new lenses are indeed FF or is this all based on the misquoted FF camera rumors?
10-02-2014, 09:16 AM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
It seems genuine to you because you want it to be true, maybe? As for his "personal investment", I know plenty of people who make stuff up for the attention. Here we are talking about what he wrote and who knows where else he's being quoted.
I'm not fully caught up on the FF talk but is there any credible source stating the new lenses are indeed FF or is this all based on the misquoted FF camera rumors?
By the end of June we'll all be exhausted with this topic and we'll either be partying like it's 1999 or shooting Nikon.*

I'm hedging - buying champagne and NINOY.
10-02-2014, 09:20 AM   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
(...)
There is:

"In an interview with Photography Blog, Ricoh's European Product Manager Laurence Bouly has confirmed that development of a Pentax full-frame DSLR camera is officially underway. No launch date has yet been set, but she said that the launch itself would be communicated through the usual formal channels, rather than Facebook (as Ricoh France did earlier this week). In addition, the two DFA lens prototypes (high magnification super-telephoto zoom lens and large diameter telephoto zoom lens) on show at Photokina are actually full-frame lenses, rather than APS-C."

Source: Development of Pentax Full-Frame DSLR is Officially Underway | PhotographyBLOG

10-02-2014, 09:41 AM   #65
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Well, if you believe a purported quotation in a story on a blog, that's attributed to the Product Manager of a Regional Division of Ricoh Imaging - but then she's not really a disinterested voice and she's not from Japan. We've all heard these stories before from people who purport to be 'in the know'.

So, do we actually have a Confirmation that these lens prototypes are FF? Do we have confirmation they're even lens prototypes?

[/sarc]
10-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Do we have confirmation they're even lens prototypes? [/sarc]
So you mean that Ricoh don't have any lens prototype and shown some bullshit at photokina?
10-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
So you mean that Ricoh don't have any lens prototype and shown some bullshit at photokina?
Nope.

10-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #68
Pentaxian

I posted a link to a video earlier today, with Canon 70-200 ($2500) and a Nikon posted at ($2400) and a Tamron that was rated slightly lower based on build quality and vin getting, at $1500. OK, so say the empty Pentax lens shell at Photokina was the 70-200 FF plus in body SR image circle that someone posted the 2112 patent for and it comes in at say $2450. Is anyone in their right mind going to buy it? It seems to me a lot of people want to discuss things they aren't going to buy. Especially since the reviewer said the Tamron was the best combination of IQ and price, in some ways excelling over the Canon and Nikon in the IQ department, like in centre sharpness. A lot of us think along the lines of buying the Tamron, then if it makes us money, go for a the name brand. If the FL doesn't prove that useful then you've got it covered and save 1k going with the Tamron.

There seems to be a lot of interest here in lenses I suspect no one is going to buy. Well maybe not no one, a few people have the 560mm telephoto... but there's a lot more of us that are extremely budget conscious.
10-02-2014, 12:17 PM   #69
Pentaxian

Or rather under budget constraint.
10-02-2014, 12:30 PM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I posted a link to a video earlier today, with Canon 70-200 ($2500) and a Nikon posted at ($2400) and a Tamron that was rated slightly lower based on build quality and vin getting, at $1500. OK, so say the empty Pentax lens shell at Photokina was the 70-200 FF plus in body SR image circle that someone posted the 2112 patent for and it comes in at say $2450. Is anyone in their right mind going to buy it? It seems to me a lot of people want to discuss things they aren't going to buy. Especially since the reviewer said the Tamron was the best combination of IQ and price, in some ways excelling over the Canon and Nikon in the IQ department, like in centre sharpness. A lot of us think along the lines of buying the Tamron, then if it makes us money, go for a the name brand. If the FL doesn't prove that useful then you've got it covered and save 1k going with the Tamron.

There seems to be a lot of interest here in lenses I suspect no one is going to buy. Well maybe not no one, a few people have the 560mm telephoto... but there's a lot more of us that are extremely budget conscious.
IMO the Tamron is slightly sharper but the AF doesn't hold up to the OEM's. The Tamron is a bit of a red herring because it is not available for Pentax.

I won't buy it, but someone who's a year behind me (i.e., me a year ago) would buy it.
10-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
OK, so say the empty Pentax lens shell at Photokina was the 70-200 FF plus in body SR image circle that someone posted the 2112 patent for and it comes in at say $2450. Is anyone in their right mind going to buy it?
What is wrong with the lens being priced at $2400, how much do you want to pay for it $179.99? Listen people if you don't want to play with professional toys then just go and skip stones by a lake (or buy cheap APS dslrs). I don't have issue with that price, provided the lens delivers in IQ. The FA 80-200mm f2.8 is over a grand that that's and that lens is over 10 years old. I'm sick and tired of people whining not having a full frame digital option on Pentax, and freaking out when people talk about prospective pricing in the two-three grand area. These are professional tools, Pentax doesn't expect any Jack, Joe and Marry to suddenly buy into this system. I won't expect the new Pentax 70-200mm f2.8 to be cheaper than the Sigma Sport 70-200mm or the Tamron equivalent, because I feel Pentax glass delivers much more than just high MTF scores. If you truly believe that Pentax glass is as good or better than Canon or Nikon then be prepared to pay accordingly
10-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #72
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
What is wrong with the lens being priced at $2400, how much do you want to pay for it $179.99? Listen people if you don't want to play with professional toys then just go and skip stones by a lake (or buy cheap APS dslrs). I don't have issue with that price, provided the lens delivers in IQ. The FA 80-200mm f2.8 is over a grand that that's and that lens is over 10 years old. I'm sick and tired of people whining not having a full frame digital option on Pentax, and freaking out when people talk about prospective pricing in the two-three grand area. These are professional tools, Pentax doesn't expect any Jack, Joe and Marry to suddenly buy into this system. I won't expect the new Pentax 70-200mm f2.8 to be cheaper than the Sigma Sport 70-200mm or the Tamron equivalent, because I feel Pentax glass delivers much more than just high MTF scores. If you truly believe that Pentax glass is as good or better than Canon or Nikon then be prepared to pay accordingly
Yeah stupid amateurs. Don't you dare touch anything Full Frame without a licence or we pro's will slap your ass. So stfu and go shoot pictures of your cat m'kay!
10-02-2014, 01:24 PM   #73
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Dudes!

This one will be the first FF and the first lenses. They have to get it right the first time. There are no mulligans.

Do we seriously think there won't be a less expensive body and lens line in due time?
10-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Yeah stupid amateurs. Don't you dare touch anything Full Frame without a licence or we pro's will slap your ass. So stfu and go shoot pictures of your cat m'kay!
Fargo, ND.
10-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #75
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Nope.
You missed this:

[/sarc]