Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2008, 03:18 AM   #1
Veteran Member

I joined an exclusive club today...

Well, I tried to respond to a normal thread on DPReview today just to find out I was banned.

I never broke a single rule on their stupid site and I'm banned. I guess they don't like being called out on another site... Phil must read Pentax Forums to see how a real site is run from time to time.

BTW, I've requested information on why I was banned but I doubt I'll get any response. They must be too busy poking the Pentax sensors with sticks to get hot pixels.

I think the conspiracy theory against Pentax must hold some water if Phil wants me gone so bad...

05-15-2008, 03:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not a big loss, Chris.

I'll give you my account name and password, if DPReview means so much to you. I've not posted there once. And I never will; because I don't want to get insulted for using something they don't.
05-15-2008, 03:46 AM   #3
Banned

I decided against joining their forum based on experiences just like yours. sometimes us pentaxians get no love.
05-15-2008, 04:01 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Well Chris at least you joined a really great club among us DPR Banned members.
I was banned just after Pentax forums started. Being one of the first members here I have never looked back or even bothered to look back. I do miss some of the friends I had there but from time to time I still see them post here. BTW our little community here (aint so little any more ) started with ex DPR members looking for something better, and we found it. Thanks to people like you and Ben and so many others we have achieved what DPR will never achieve.People who are willing to go the extra mile in friendship sharing information and making others happy with the work we share.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB BROTHER.

05-15-2008, 04:27 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Chris, that style of banning is quite original for DPR. Pretending to be innocent is the best way to be unnoticed Sometimes it is better to avoid some psychotics that reside in that site.

At least we are having you posting here. Better format with better attitudes (well, a few time bombs and mines here and there. But it is unnavoidable no matter where you go)
05-15-2008, 04:32 AM   #6
Veteran Member

As a sometime-defender of DPR, I gotta say, that's ridiculous of them. They'll probably give mentioning this site in some post as the reason for banning, since that is against their rules. (And that's no question one of the stupidest forum rules I've ever seen. You wanna compete, pretending other sites don't exist isn't gonna really help.)
05-15-2008, 07:08 AM   #7
Veteran Member

welcome to the club! ive been a member for quite sometime

i think i only lasted about 1 month on DPR

05-15-2008, 08:35 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Well, I tried to respond to a normal thread on DPReview today just to find out I was banned.

I never broke a single rule on their stupid site and I'm banned. I guess they don't like being called out on another site... Phil must read Pentax Forums to see how a real site is run from time to time.

BTW, I've requested information on why I was banned but I doubt I'll get any response. They must be too busy poking the Pentax sensors with sticks to get hot pixels.

I think the conspiracy theory against Pentax must hold some water if Phil wants me gone so bad...
Seig Heil...Herr Phil... Strikes Again!!!!

I'm telling you Chris...Look up the definition of A--Hole in Websters and you get a Photo of you know "WHAT"....I would love to meet that guy one day, just to talk about the joys of photography. It would be the best 18 seconds I could ever imagine sharing. I might learn something....Like, how not to do something and still insist that it is what I intended.

John Doe

Last edited by benjikan; 05-15-2008 at 09:13 AM.
05-15-2008, 08:39 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
I was banned just after Pentax forums started. Being one of the first members here I have never looked back or even bothered to look back. I do miss some of the friends I had there but from time to time I still see them post here. BTW our little community here (aint so little any more ) started with ex DPR members looking for something better, and we found it. Thanks to people like you and Ben and so many others we have achieved what DPR will never achieve.People who are willing to go the extra mile in friendship sharing information and making others happy with the work we share.

Oh shut the F--K up...You just made me fog my glasses....Now why did you have to go all fuzzy wuzzy on me???!!!!!!!

PS...I used to play in a couple of "Banned's"...In fact I was banned from playing with them after they heard how bad I was on the drums...

Luv
Benji

Last edited by benjikan; 05-15-2008 at 09:13 AM.
05-15-2008, 10:07 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Your really not missing much Chris,

You can find little laker is a member search, but you'll find that he hasn't posted in their Pentax site since this board started

Us cross shooters with unusual cameras are stuck on DP, since there just isn't any other forum

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote

You got baned from there David
What was Phil thinking.

I just can't picture you having done anything wrong, unless someone did something to really pi#* you off.
Unless you broke some completely stupid forum rule
05-15-2008, 11:34 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I've found that once I know a site bans people at the drop of a hat, I get real suspect of their content. Good riddance.
05-15-2008, 02:34 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone and I do concur that I'm not missing out on much, but I've never been banned from anything and it would be nice to know why.

DPR has gone down hill in the last few years and IMO have nothing informative on their site anymore besides using it as a camera comparison guide. The reviews are biased, the forums are full of too many bad eggs, and the content is outdated and site looks like poo. I would still like to contribute there from time to time especially when it's something I can help with.

I'll be ok with it in a few more days, but right now I'm just unhappy with everything DPR does and they don't deserve the traffic they get. If I don't get a response from them in a couple of weeks I may get angry enough to file some interesting things in order to extinguish some of their credibility in a larger scale, but I'm not up to that just yet.

I may have a use for that extra server space I have...
05-15-2008, 02:50 PM   #13
Veteran Member

i wonder how much of a lawsuit they could bring to a forum at the TLD of dpreviewsucks.com ... lol
05-15-2008, 03:24 PM   #14
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Oh shut the F--K up...You just made me fog my glasses....Now why did you have to go all fuzzy wuzzy on me???!!!!!!!

PS...I used to play in a couple of "Banned's"...In fact I was banned from playing with them after they heard how bad I was on the drums...

Luv
Benji
WOW your glasses must fog real easy. Ad besides PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I was banned before you.
05-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #15
Veteran Member

I Now want to Join DPR. To see if I can get Banned after One post! I will have to be very creative here. So to hit the nerve, to make it the post of all posts LOL... All ideas wanted