Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Your really not missing much Chris,

You can find little laker is a member search, but you'll find that he hasn't posted in their Pentax site since this board started

Us cross shooters with unusual cameras are stuck on DP, since there just isn't any other forum

You got baned from there David
What was Phil thinking.

I just can't picture you having done anything wrong, unless someone did something to really pi#* you off.
Unless you broke some completely stupid forum rule
Well Stu,
It all came about when they were speculating on the K10D in fact about a year before the release. Phil had posted a really arrogant post putting down the way pentax was designed, and all the faults the camera would have after it was released. I didn't hold back and yes I was Pissed. It just pushed my buttons when a jerk like Phil who can't write an honest review had the balls to start giving advice on a subject he wasn't aware of. In all there were 5 of us banned at the same time. On the back side of this he had banned a member for mentioning another site he had posted pictures on and was asking in jest for help to win the contest. You would have thought he committed murder according to Phil.
I guess when it all boiled down I shouldn't have said the things I did but they were true and I guess I offended Phil when I called him an unsophisticated A_hole, among other nicely phrased quotes. Both threads were pulled and I found my self banned and have never looked back.
I wasn't as sophisticated as Ben was with his words I just called them as I saw them.

So again Chris just say What the F--K and know you have a home here.

05-15-2008, 04:15 PM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Adrian Owerko Quote
I Now want to Join DPR. To see if I can get Banned after One post! I will have to be very creative here. So to hit the nerve, to make it the post of all posts LOL... All ideas wanted
It isn't hard - just disagree with any aspect of their reviews and you will be banned. No warnings - just can't log on and they wont answer your email.

To get back on you have to organise a campaign from non banned members to run a thread calling for you to be reinstated - Personally I find this appaling and just puts more power into Phil Askey's hands and gives him the attention he craves.

Please note he is not a photographer, he is a web designer he does not see photography from an art perspective only a technical one.

I too am one of the banned
05-15-2008, 04:30 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I never bothered registering on DPReview. It just looks so biased it didn't look like it was worth loosing the time it takes to register.
05-15-2008, 05:22 PM   #19
Damn Brit

Just waiting for my password, then we'll see how quickly I can get kicked of. If all goes according to plan it will be after my first post. I will not be using any swear words or abuse. Tee Hee, I like this game.

05-15-2008, 05:26 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm Self-Banned from DPR - didn't like their content, wouldn't stand their tone and couldn't navigate their interface.

So I lurked over here for about 15 minutes before I said to myself, "This is it."
05-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #21
Damn Brit

First post in, I'll let you know whether I'm successful.
05-15-2008, 05:53 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Well, I tried to respond to a normal thread on DPReview today just to find out I was banned.

I never broke a single rule on their stupid site and I'm banned. I guess they don't like being called out on another site... Phil must read Pentax Forums to see how a real site is run from time to time.

BTW, I've requested information on why I was banned but I doubt I'll get any response. They must be too busy poking the Pentax sensors with sticks to get hot pixels.

I think the conspiracy theory against Pentax must hold some water if Phil wants me gone so bad...
What the???

Why the hell were you banned? What on earth could you have said to get you banned? I never saw anything that could have even been remotely a banning offence.

I wouldn't worry too much as you should be re-instated in a few days, if you do actually care about being re-instated.

Anyway, welcome to the club. I was banned back in November 2005 because somebody took offense to one of my posts. I have narrowed it down to 2 people as to who it was that complained, but I cannot prove it. The worst thing is, one of those that I have a suspicion that was the complainent no longer posts there.

My post read something along the lines of, "All those nitwits, halfwits, dimwits and f**kwits who are always complaing about their Pentax camera should sell it off and move to another brand...." Now, what was so offensive about that?

Hope you get re-instated soon, mate.

05-15-2008, 06:34 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Don't see you have loss anything :P I haven't go to that site for a long time... and there are tons of better camera sites out there.

He thinks he is important doesn't mean he is important :P
05-15-2008, 06:38 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lance B Quote
Anyway, welcome to the club.
YOU got banned too?! that's unbelievable ....

honestly, we should start making posts there telling everyone to visit this site instead which may lead to a ban tho .there are a lot of great contributors there, especially in the Pentax SLR section and it's too bad they don't post here instead
05-15-2008, 06:57 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
YOU got banned too?! that's unbelievable ....

honestly, we should start making posts there telling everyone to visit this site instead which may lead to a ban tho .there are a lot of great contributors there, especially in the Pentax SLR section and it's too bad they don't post here instead
Yes, I got banned but it was a long time ago. Some people are very thin skinned.

I post in both forums, but this is a much more civilised and friendly forum with less trolls.
05-15-2008, 08:43 PM   #26
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Well, I tried to respond to a normal thread on DPReview today just to find out I was banned.

I never broke a single rule on their stupid site and I'm banned. I guess they don't like being called out on another site... Phil must read Pentax Forums to see how a real site is run from time to time.

BTW, I've requested information on why I was banned but I doubt I'll get any response. They must be too busy poking the Pentax sensors with sticks to get hot pixels.

I think the conspiracy theory against Pentax must hold some water if Phil wants me gone so bad...
I have been wondering how to get my posts on DPR from the distant past deleted - perhaps getting banned is the solution! I'll give it a try! I'd like to join the club!
05-15-2008, 10:55 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Well Stu,
It all came about when they were speculating on the K10D in fact about a year before the release. Phil had posted a really arrogant post putting down the way pentax was designed, and all the faults the camera would have after it was released. I didn't hold back and yes I was Pissed. It just pushed my buttons when a jerk like Phil who can't write an honest review had the balls to start giving advice on a subject he wasn't aware of. In all there were 5 of us banned at the same time. On the back side of this he had banned a member for mentioning another site he had posted pictures on and was asking in jest for help to win the contest. You would have thought he committed murder according to Phil.
I guess when it all boiled down I shouldn't have said the things I did but they were true and I guess I offended Phil when I called him an unsophisticated A_hole, among other nicely phrased quotes. Both threads were pulled and I found my self banned and have never looked back.
I wasn't as sophisticated as Ben was with his words I just called them as I saw them.

So again Chris just say What the F--K and know you have a home here.
That's right around the time I joined DP David, I remember was it Mouse Hill getting baned for that a day or 2 after I did join.

Then thankfully this board started up a week or so later, giving us all a nice place to hang out.

QuoteOriginally posted by Lance B Quote

My post read something along the lines of, "All those nitwits, halfwits, dimwits and f**kwits who are always complaing about their Pentax camera should sell it off and move to another brand...." Now, what was so offensive about that?
No wonder you got baned Lance, you should have told them to switch to Canon
Then Phil would have been one happy camper.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
I have been wondering how to get my posts on DPR from the distant past deleted - perhaps getting banned is the solution! I'll give it a try! I'd like to join the club!
You can edit your posts once with their present software Ole, so you may be able to go back and change it.
05-16-2008, 12:08 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
First post in, I'll let you know whether I'm successful.
the point is though that you get banned for something stupid that normaly you wouldnt get banned for.
05-16-2008, 12:12 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ricardobeat Quote
maybe it's because you said things like
  • "stupid subject"
  • "I really feel this is another DPR making an issue out of nothing"
  • "Now this is really getting fishy"
  • "DPR and myself have never sat well"
  • "I do have lots of trust issues with them"

and then
  • "it's totally crap till I start seeing proof"
  • "It's strange how DPR never officially writes anything bad until Canon/Nikon officially announce(...)"
  • "the fix actually doing what it's supposed to do. Thought DPR said the pixel mapping wouldn't work"
You attacked their credibility and made offensive statements in a public forum... isn't that enough? how's that for what I told you earlier this week?

Not that I agree with that, they have a really heavy hand for banning people for small things and making hot topics disappear. But, as people say, you don't poke a tiger with a short stick.
if there is anything that we should value as a... seemingly free society, is the ability to critisize others and not have our heads rolled for it.

If DPR cant take the heat, that means they are weak

Also Chris is not one to slander for no good reason, DPR is how it is, and instead of banning those that speak out, they should listen closer to what people have to say.
05-16-2008, 12:14 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I decided against joining their forum based on experiences just like yours. sometimes us pentaxians get no love.

Theres plenty of love here

Just spread the love around

cheers