Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2008, 12:16 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
WOW your glasses must fog real easy. Ad besides PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I was banned before you.
I cry on a tick....

05-16-2008, 12:21 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Special Sale to EX Canon and Nikon Owners

QuoteOriginally posted by Adrian Owerko Quote
I Now want to Join DPR. To see if I can get Banned after One post! I will have to be very creative here. So to hit the nerve, to make it the post of all posts LOL... All ideas wanted
Here is what you do, 'cause it worked for me. Go to the Canon section. Tell them you were a user or sponsored by Canon. Say it is a fine camera but have decided to switch to Pentax. Do the same in the Pentax section. Ping Pong a few times and "VOILA" you WILL get Banned.

Works wonders.

And Guess what, Today and Today ONLY I will be Selling this technique for a NEW LOW PRICE of only $19.95. Regular Price was $1.999.99.

This product is only available to disgruntled Canon and Nikon users who have switched to Pentax.

Send CASH ONLY to:

John Doe
Under the Bridge
Paris
France

No Credit Cards.
05-16-2008, 12:26 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
First post in, I'll let you know whether I'm successful.
Please send me the link, I need a good laugh.

Ben
05-16-2008, 01:31 AM   #34
Forum Member

I must go to the wrong posts

Apart from the topics that go on and on about issues with the 16-50, etc etc

There's some nice areas, but I just stay in Pentax SLR.... there's a meeting of the Pentax Dutchies a week on Sunday....

I did get banned on Amateur Photographer (I was a newbie) for asking a Senior member whether he came from Newark...

05-16-2008, 01:33 AM   #35
Damn Brit

Well they took their time but they banned me on my first post.
05-16-2008, 01:43 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Well they took their time but they banned me on my first post.
That is incredible...What did you do, show a macro of your Pe-ker?

Ben
05-16-2008, 01:48 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
That is incredible...What did you do, show a macro of your Pe-ker?

Ben
LOL.

I think it would have been worse if he posted on the DPR Canon forum that he thought Canon was cr@p and that he was switching to Pentax. *That* would be more offensive to them and would have him banned quicker than any photo of his pe-cker!

05-16-2008, 01:55 AM   #38
Damn Brit

Any one wants to know how I got banned, ask Benjikan.

Does anybody want to start a Social Group; "Banned from DPReview"?
05-16-2008, 05:00 AM   #39
Veteran Member

While banning someone for what Ben suggests (and did) is really stupid, it's also true that doing that can only lead to annoying and disruptive troll-filled name-calling threads. So I can certainly see their point in asking people not to do that.
05-16-2008, 05:05 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Very often, the real trolls are not banned...
05-16-2008, 05:30 AM   #41
Veteran Member

I have to say I still on rare occasions post over there. I just looked and it looks like this month I was very active. 3 posts in on month. I typically will post there only if I do not get a response here or I see someones work that I am compelled to compliment. Those are few and far between now a days. I also admit I do frequent the Light Technique threads again more to learn and rarely to post. It is sad to see the site take such a header. I started my DSLR days there and was so excited to find a group that would answer my trival question. But I am so glad this site was spawned from that one. I visit this site just about everyday and have met some really great folks here. I find it amazing that DPR logo appears in magazines and other advertising. It is pretty sad to hear about another banning for no real good reason. But such is life! Besides we love you here and one sites banned reject is another sites moderator
05-16-2008, 06:11 AM   #42
Inactive Account

[QUOTE=little laker;244007]That's right around the time I joined DP David, I remember was it Mouse Hill getting baned for that a day or 2 after I did join.

Then thankfully this board started up a week or so later, giving us all a nice place to hang out.

It was Mouse Hill getting banned. I was a big fan of his Macro shots. The guy has talent and was easy to talk to and ready to help with the TECH stuff. No one but that Jerk Phil thought he deserved to be banned even for one day. It was Phil's response that got people banned. He just has a way of pissing you off. Well I better stop with this thread before He calls Adam and wants me banned from here.
05-16-2008, 12:19 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Very often, the real trolls are not banned...
Yeah, it certainly does seem capriciously random and heavy-handed.
05-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #44
Veteran Member

I've never bothered joining that site (can't stand the forum interface he uses, looks like something out of 1998), but one thing I really don't understand about that guy is what he deems a positive (green) and a negative (red) in his little charts. It really jumped out on me on his new comparison of 70-200mm f/2.8 zooms:

Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM Lens Review: 2. Compared to...: Digital Photography Review

WTF...$1600-1700 for a lens isn't a negative when the two you're comparing them to are $700-800? I almost don't need to read any further after seeing the price since it's such a huge negative.

It also drove me up a wall when he showed two versions of the Nikon D200's jpeg performance; one at the default setting (extremely soft and blurry), the other with boosted sharpness to make it look better. Yet he didn't bother to do that with the K10D. He just simply brings up the K10D's poor jpeg performance every chance he gets.

I agree, that site is good to use as a comparison tool (and his product pics) and not much else.
05-17-2008, 06:04 PM   #45
Inactive Account

Hi Ben

Re your comment:

QuoteQuote:
Look up the definition of A--Hole in Websters and you get a Photo of you know "WHAT"....I would love to meet that guy one day, just to talk about the joys of photography. It would be the best 18 seconds I could ever imagine sharing.
Naturally I mean this in the nicest possible way, but I reckon that this type of hilarious response really ought to be available free-of-charge on the National Health Service, because my doctor recently informed me that 'laughter is always the best medicine' and your contributions regularly send me into uncontrollable 'fits-of-giggles'.....LOL.
So keep 'em coming and thanks a million, mon amis !!!

Best regards
Richard

Last edited by Confused; 05-17-2008 at 07:02 PM.