Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-30-2014, 05:39 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Get ready for the PF "Limited" November Giveaway!

You guys have been a great crowd throughout the Pentax Lens Tournament, and soon it will be our turn to give back to the community!

Starting on Saturday, November 1st, we will be hosting a month-long giveaway featuring daily prizes as well as two brand-new Limited lenses as grand prizes: the DA 15mm Limited (greatest wide-angle lens) and the FA 77mm Limited (overall winner of the lens tournament).

The giveaway will be very similar in format to our February 2014 giveaway. Daily scores will be determined based on forum post count and number of Likes. The member with the highest score will win the daily prize, while the top 10 scorers will all receive a grand prize raffle entry. At the end of the month, we'll draw the winners at random. Participants with a higher number of daily wins will of course have a higher chance of winning. There will also be a guaranteed lens prize for the overall top scorer.

Our February giveaway was met with great excitement, so I'm looking forward to a very fun November giveaway as well. This time around, the lens prizes will ship in early December, just in time for Christmas!

I hope you're all as excited to partake as I am to be coordinating the event. See you in November!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-30-2014, 07:41 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Adam, Thanks. I have all 3 lenses and they are very special. That is a great giveaway. Thanks.
10-30-2014, 07:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

OK, I just read the fine print on the February contest but I still have two questions. Do reviews count as a post? Do additions
to the serial number database count as a post?

Thanks!
10-31-2014, 02:31 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
OK, I just read the fine print on the February contest but I still have two questions. Do reviews count as a post? Do additions
to the serial number database count as a post?

Thanks!
Great question! This giveaway only looks at the number of forum posts you make each day, plus the number of Likes you receive. Other site sections aren't considered.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-31-2014, 04:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Are we talking about the SMC 15ltd or the HD version? Not that I wouldn't be happy with either.
10-31-2014, 04:30 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robjmitchell Quote
Are we talking about the SMC 15ltd or the HD version? Not that I wouldn't be happy with either.
HD. The SMC one is discontinued.

Adam

11-18-2014, 01:45 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You guys have been a great crowd throughout the Pentax Lens Tournament, and soon it will be our turn to give back to the community!

Starting on Saturday, November 1st, we will be hosting a month-long giveaway featuring daily prizes as well as two brand-new Limited lenses as grand prizes: the DA 15mm Limited (greatest wide-angle lens) and the FA 77mm Limited (overall winner of the lens tournament).

The giveaway will be very similar in format to our February 2014 giveaway. Daily scores will be determined based on forum post count and number of Likes. The member with the highest score will win the daily prize, while the top 10 scorers will all receive a grand prize raffle entry. At the end of the month, we'll draw the winners at random. Participants with a higher number of daily wins will of course have a higher chance of winning. There will also be a guaranteed lens prize for the overall top scorer.

Our February giveaway was met with great excitement, so I'm looking forward to a very fun November giveaway as well. This time around, the lens prizes will ship in early December, just in time for Christmas!

I hope you're all as excited to partake as I am to be coordinating the event. See you in November!
Definately up for this.....