... if it was asahiman's telling

11-03-2014, 04:08 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Such optimism !!!!
I would have bought this option
... if it was asahiman's telling
Well, he looks pretty optimistic to me, regarding FF at least...
That's one of the reasons I firmly believe FF is coming in 2015.
11-03-2014, 07:44 AM   #18
Pentaxian

They won't announce anything about them before CP+ (where hopefully we'll get a release date). Leaks - if any - no earlier than the end of January, I'd guess.
11-03-2014, 08:13 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Only thing , I am sure is a Press release will be published some time.

11-03-2014, 08:22 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
I've read somewhere that they're coming in winter, so either December (I think it's unlikely) or the beginning of next year.
11-03-2014, 08:44 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I was surprised the 16-85 was released so 'quickly', considering they had no markings at all at Photokina.
Maybe the other two will not be far behind. My guess, soonish rather than never.
11-03-2014, 08:56 AM   #22
Pentaxian

With such a unanimity, I'm gonna believe again in Father Christmas !

11-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
I was surprised the 16-85 was released so 'quickly', considering they had no markings at all at Photokina.
(...)
Huh?

http://news.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/rim_info/1_da1685_photokina2014.jpg
11-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
Some still think that Pentax is releasing a full frame camera, i see no evidence for this, Ricoh representatives did honestly say that there is development, at some stage (not clear as to where they are up to), of full frame but no information as to what stage they are at and they said that the market had to be right for them to produce and release a full frame DSLR. Websites seem to run with this idea that they are developing, then all of a sudden everyone thinks they are releasing full frame. I will believe it when i see it, especially when Pentax see their medium format as better than full frame.
Ricoh is Japan-centric. Follow the expansion of the Japanese economy for an indication about the results of Ricoh's 'studying'' of the market.

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Dunno, ask Monochrome...
Why ask me? I have no contact with Ricoh Japan and only tangential contacts with Denver. I just read. Once in a while I get a PM. Don't misinterpret the fact that I've finally executed my oft-threatened strategy to own the three Princesses before they're gone forever as anything more than overcoming inertia and special pricing at B&H. My gut feeling is 2015 will be the year of the FF camera and lenses but it will be a surprise in some dramatic way no one is anticipating.

If it comes I think it will be at the high-price end of the spectrum but will be a good value. I think the lens prices will cause weaping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, rending of garments and breast-beating, an Old Testament, fundamental, earth-shattering Kaboom.

I'll just keep shooting my K-3 until I can afford it.

Last edited by monochrome; 11-03-2014 at 01:11 PM.
11-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If it comes I think it will be at the high-price end of the spectrum but will be a good value. I think the lens prices will cause weaping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, rending of garments and breast-beating, an Old Testament, fundamental, earth-shattering Kaboom.

I'll just keep shooting my K-3 until I can afford it.
Hey, you left out "sackcloth and ashes".
11-03-2014, 02:11 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
Any rumours or info when the new Big & Fast zooms will arrive?? especially the 80/100-400 F4- ?
if your reading this Mr. Pentax/Ricoh please give a sign/ smoke signal,lightning,comet or whatever before I have to look elsewhere for something longer
Since Ricoh only had unmarked mock-up lenses at Photokina, I would assume they are almost a year away from putting real product on the market. Maybe by the Feb. show they will have prototypes to display and they can ship 3-6 months after that.
11-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Since Ricoh only had unmarked mock-up lenses at Photokina, I would assume they are almost a year away from putting real product on the market. Maybe by the Feb. show they will have prototypes to display and they can ship 3-6 months after that.
I'm curious on what you base that assumption?
11-03-2014, 02:34 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
Any rumours or info when the new Big & Fast zooms will arrive?? especially the 80/100-400 F4- ?
if your reading this Mr. Pentax/Ricoh please give a sign/ smoke signal,lightning,comet or whatever before I have to look elsewhere for something longer
The roadmap had the "high magnification super-telephoto zoom" at about 135-385, now it's about 135-400+. Hopefully the fact they adjusted the roadmap means it's closer, maybe by this Winter, this has to be one of the most anticipated lenses since I've been a Pentax user.
11-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Logically that makes a lot of sense. If Ricoh wanted to show their hand that far in advance. Which so far they have not, being extremely good at keeping things under wraps until the last minute.

So either they felt they needed to show a hint to keep the faithful interested for another 10 months or so, or things are much closer than that. So far they have not shown much interest in keeping the faithful interested though..............
11-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So December may see the 135-400...so I can tell the birds they better wait with their migration , I mean how long to laser print some words & numbers on the lens!! this one should give 840 effective FL with the 1.4TC, which is close to the 150-600 Sigma/Tamron,& I assume it will be RAZOR sharp at 400 & maybe be a competitor to the Nikon 80-400 G model (hope not in price!)
as far as FF,pentax had better come with a 36MP beast, or Sony/Canon with the rumoured 50MP Foveon sensor will Eat it alive..oh but then it will take away from Pentax MF sales..so I guess will see a 26MP to compete with Samsung...Or ???