Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2014, 09:21 AM - 1 Like   #211
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Video is one of those things that has to be on point. Not because anyone uses it, but because it is expected. Just like a high MP count.

12-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #212
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Video is one of those things that has to be on point. Not because anyone uses it, but because it is expected. Just like a high MP count.
Honestly, none of my friend asking for a good camera or looking for a good camera did care of video. 0% out of arround 10 persons... That's not much.

I don't want to generalize but the position of Ricoh is no issue for me. Would their improve video it would also be no issue... Excepted I will not spend 1$ for better video features and I'am not the only one in that case.
12-26-2014, 12:32 PM   #213
Site Supporter

Don't forget that professional videasts use manual controls only , so besides consumer market, how can you think that Pentax K-3 is not doing the job for its "enthusiast/pro" market target ?
12-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #214
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote

Yet Pentax cameras have been average to bottom of the barrel when it comes to video features since video became a feature on SLR stills bodies... and they are still in the market, I mean Pentax is still around and kicking.

I think we pretty much know what we're getting into when we buy a camera. The novices aren't usually looking for the video features for which the enthusiast or pro want. The novices likely want a record button, zoom controls, focus controls, and a playback option.

I would think enthusiasts and pros will much more research and buy what they need. They are likely going Canon or elsewhere from the start. But then that is their niche. Pentax's is in still photography. So the people asking for comparable video features for Pentax as those manufacturer's whose niche is video are asking Pentax/Ricoh to switch niches. You'd have better results simply selling your Pentax gear and finding a SYSTEM catering to what you want to do.

I mean why sit around on the forum asking for something to be done that likely won't? You could be spending your time doing what you enjoy doing with the gear made for what you want to do.

One thing I've learned in my mere 4 and a half years of SLR photography is timing is KEY; Being at the 'right' place at the 'right' time is crucial for getting the images that awaken people's senses. And I've missed many shots by saying "I'll go back tomorrow" only to discover the setting, the next day, isn't the same as it was the previous day. Opportunity lost.

Don't lose opportunities hoping for things to change. We have a bit of say in our actions it seems.. so why not use it for things we can change ?

12-26-2014, 04:54 PM   #215
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
One thing I've learned in my mere 4 and a half years of SLR photography is timing is KEY; Being at the 'right' place at the 'right' time is crucial for getting the images that awaken people's senses. And I've missed many shots by saying "I'll go back tomorrow" only to discover the setting, the next day, isn't the same as it was the previous day. Opportunity lost.
That's a great lesson. It gets lost in the constant debate over MP, AF, sensor size, lens specifications, etc. All those things are helpful, but there is a lot more to photography than stats