Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2014, 06:27 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'd say that the bellow mount could be something that we could see in a future mirrorless 645, especially if with T&S capabilities, but not on a small format (APS-C or 35mm) camera. I don't think there would be a market for that.

11-14-2014, 12:49 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by odyseuss Quote
[4] マウントが蛇腹式カメラのように前後に移動
"move mount back and forth like a bellows camera"

Maybe Pentax will be designing a classic style mirror-less 645 similar from Mamiya's bellows focusing SLR, the Mamiya RZ67 Pro, that might have an awesome tilt-able waist-level LCD monitor and might have an optional attachable eye-level EVF.

Or maybe just a redesigned 645z with a built-in movable-tilt-shiftable mount...

This camera with movable mount would be an awesome camera. This might attract a lot of landscape, architecture, portrait/fashion, commercial, and documentary photographers, and I'm sure this will be a head-turner for hipsters and classic lovers...

Last edited by richard balonglong; 11-14-2014 at 01:07 AM.
11-14-2014, 01:09 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Hard to make a design like that WR ...
11-14-2014, 02:07 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Hard to make a design like that WR ...
Not harder than a duo-cam zoom design such as that of DA* 16-50mm (which is not only WR but AW)...

11-14-2014, 02:41 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Not harder than a duo-cam zoom
That's just one lens. A telescoping short tube with glass at either end ...

A big camera with a body AND removable back AND a lens AND bellows AND a flippy screen has about 5 times the complexity. 10 km of gaskets involved, at least.
11-15-2014, 06:41 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ha ill keep an eyebout for these but im not getting my hopes up for this
11-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I'll buy that once they have found at least 20.000 customers who are satisfied with such a system and say it is reliable.
In principle, it shouldn't be all that difficult to engineer, although cost and weight are other matters again. The collapsible mount itself could be a short precision lead screw, to minimise deviations from the optical axis. Even the electrical connections and the screw-drive (assuming it was retained) wouldn't be big challenges. An interchangeable mount, though, would be something of a challenge, but is probably only necessary if an increase in throat size is required. There would have to be a system of signalling that short or long-registration lenses were attached, of course, but that would just be an extension of the present system. Sealing would be straightforward, too.

From a design standpoint, though, I would have thought that a dedicated removable supplementary lens in a mirrorless standard-registration K-mount would have been a more economical proposition, and give users the choice of APS-C or 35mm FoV to standard mount lenses. That, of course, is just about the body, and designing new short-registration lenses may be more economical than re-designing old standard-registration ones.

What a short-registration K-mount would provide, however, is the opportunity to provide smaller, faster wide-angle lenses than the current retrofocus ones, which may be an incentive to consider this dual-registration mount. Pentax is, if nothing else these days, about lightness and weather-resistance.

11-15-2014, 11:08 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll just use the stuff I have and wait for what's coming.
11-16-2014, 12:08 AM - 2 Likes   #24
Banned

For the 10th year already, Pentax is coming with breathtaking stuff ... "early next year".
This particular one is Ratatouille rumour.
Or, all rumours during the last two years mixed artfully into one big dish, covered with baking paper and put into an preheated stove (180 degrees C).

11-16-2014, 12:10 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I'll just use the stuff I have and wait for what's coming

Too sensible by half!
Since I can't justify even the stuff that I do have, I'll just wait and see what comes and enjoy reading how everyone's photography has improved because of it.
11-16-2014, 12:59 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Too sensible by half!
Since I can't justify even the stuff that I do have, I'll just wait and see what comes and enjoy reading how everyone's photography has improved because of it.
yeah me too, just struggling with FA 77 or Tamron 70-200, I can only buy one at present.
11-16-2014, 05:49 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
In principle, it shouldn't be all that difficult to engineer, although cost and weight are other matters again. The collapsible mount itself could be a short precision lead screw, to minimise deviations from the optical axis. Even the electrical connections and the screw-drive (assuming it was retained) wouldn't be big challenges. An interchangeable mount, though, would be something of a challenge, but is probably only necessary if an increase in throat size is required. There would have to be a system of signalling that short or long-registration lenses were attached, of course, but that would just be an extension of the present system. Sealing would be straightforward, too.

From a design standpoint, though, I would have thought that a dedicated removable supplementary lens in a mirrorless standard-registration K-mount would have been a more economical proposition, and give users the choice of APS-C or 35mm FoV to standard mount lenses. That, of course, is just about the body, and designing new short-registration lenses may be more economical than re-designing old standard-registration ones.

What a short-registration K-mount would provide, however, is the opportunity to provide smaller, faster wide-angle lenses than the current retrofocus ones, which may be an incentive to consider this dual-registration mount. Pentax is, if nothing else these days, about lightness and weather-resistance.
Interesting idea. If I had to guess, the screw drive mechanism is what they'd leave out of this as it seems to be the hardest to implement on a multi-registration distance mount.
11-16-2014, 06:39 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Two days ago I've talked with a salesman (also a Pentax user) in a big camera store, and I've asked if he knew something about Pentax FF. He told me that all he knows are rumors, that Pentax FF is already in field test. But again, just rumors, nothing official.
11-16-2014, 10:07 AM   #29
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I'll just use the stuff I have and wait for what's coming.
The "late adopter's motto".

Now that I have moved into that group, I'm working hard to maintain this position. Just got to keep from "slip sliding away".
11-16-2014, 10:10 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
The "late adopter's motto".
Early Adopter:
  1. K-01
  2. Q
  3. ???????