Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2008, 09:11 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Busiko Quote
I believe they'll introduce a new mount, adaptable to Kaf with full functions available.
Rui
I doubt that...

Ben

05-24-2008, 07:09 PM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by CagomoC Quote
I heard that pentax is cooking up a new model, made of magizium alloy body, built in duel grips left, right, bottom , less seals, water and dust tight, using the new cmos sensor with triple prime chips, 21.2 mp, 10 fps, 4" lcd, more bottons to push with duel funtions, no built in flash " im cool with that". still uses the SD cards with 3 slots keeping the turn key door. more rubber around the body for max grip.... Wow cant wait!!!
You forgot one important spec: APS-C format.
05-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Once again no one is listening to me, 645D reincarnated!!!!!!

Or as I hope a 1.3 crop FF in the Mz-S style body.
05-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #34
Veteran Member

"Just Set it and forget it" you never have to bring it up to your eye, it will always take the picture you want, and when you think about it. MAGIC!
ROFLOL

05-24-2008, 09:56 PM   #35
PDL
Pentaxian

What - no beer bottle opener?

I will not buy a new Pentax until one is included.

The Elitist - formerly known as PDL
05-24-2008, 11:29 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
What - no beer bottle opener?

I will not buy a new Pentax until one is included.

The Elitist - formerly known as PDL
The bottle cap opener is actually on the mount end of the SMC DA* 12-800mm f/1.2 IF. One the base of the camera body however there will be a retractable wine cork extractor.
05-25-2008, 04:26 AM   #37
Inactive Account

I thought the bottle opener was that thingy on top that pops up when you push that little button thingy on the back side of the camera. You know the one I'm talking about. you can get the bottle under it and than when you pull down a bright light will go off and the top will drop to the ground.
As far as the cork screw they'll have to work on that one, but you know the best place to store one would be in the bottom grip.

06-05-2008, 02:09 AM   #38

Original Poster
K645d

Okay guys this is it, and it the truth... The new K645D out soon in the year 2??? Any one care to quest what year? the winner will get a seek peek...
06-05-2008, 10:01 AM   #39

k645D

QuoteOriginally posted by CagomoC Quote
Okay guys this is it, and it the truth... The new K645D out soon in the year 2??? Any one care to quest what year? the winner will get a seek peek...

I think 2009
06-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've mentioned this before...

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
I was serious about a 500gb SDHC coming

barondla
Site Supporter

Gallery Photos: 12

Never though a SD card would do this!
PTN magazine had a small interview with higher up Canon executive. He was talking about video. He said by 2010 the predominate video format will be solid state memory. Even for HD movies.
Then he wowed the room by giving a bunch of numbers that was interupted by gasps from the room. The number that floored everyone? He said we will see a 500Gig SDHC card! Interviewer said that the Canon man didn't act like that was the end point ( just where he was interrupted).
Man, never though so much could be packed in so little space. Wonder what the scientists think the technical limit is? Hard drives could become a thing of the past.
thanks
barondla
cheers
I read an article about the theoretical limits of memory cards. I always thought the CF card was the 'professional' one and that the SD cards were a consumer joke, and was quite pissed off that Pentax went with them only for their new cameras, but boy was I wrong.

Apparently, there's a speed bottleneck with CF cards because of the multi-pin connector, and the maximum theoretical limit of that card will be around 256 gigs, but even then the throughput will be so painfully slow that you wouldn't want one - would literally take several days to download. The SD card, because of the solid connector, has apparently a theoretical limit of something like 2,096 gigs (!!!), and the throughput speed is likewise virtually unlimited.

So, Pentax putting the SD cards in their cameras was a very forward thinking step. CF cards are going the way of the dodo very soon. The high-end Canons and the like take both CF and SD.

So a 500 gig SD card is coming soon, and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

I'll try to find that article, which was from a very reputable online source.

Cheers,
Cameron
06-05-2008, 12:19 PM   #41
Inactive Account

You'd be buggered if you lost it, though.
06-05-2008, 02:24 PM   #42
Inactive Account

for the SD speed,... as of now, SD is slow, slower to write and read, compared to CF, canon and nikon cameras, would not be able to sustain the speed they need with current class 6 sdhc cards,.....

now for the rumour,... so far nothing from samsung,...
but did run into a store,.... do you carry pentax,... no, not right now, but soon,
we are waiting for the new product lineup, before we carry Pentax,...
they only had canon and nikon,....

currently want a full frame , not a sports camera, and 1/2 price of a D3 .
first come , first serve,.... sony made an annoucement,.... nikon probably is probably in production,....and canon,... nothing yet, probably no 5d replacement,
more like a cheaper D3 version, ehm D3 maybe.
for the distinguished famous photographers, they don't need it,
they probably have a digital back on the hassy, when they need it.

but for me, I'd like at least a 35mm full viewfinder, and no lens calculus,
so full frame be nice.

so what do I think,....
well, for the new camera they 'll need a new shutter,...
different body, different grip,...
new chip,.... new asic
new asic,... they need resource,...they don't have much,...
so it's going to be ,... slow,... and late,..
unless they bite the bullet,...and buy it off the shelf,.. aka sony,...
but they still want to use their own sensor, since the kodak fiasco,...
a pro/ faster camera was on the horizon,... but they did not have market share,
not the production capacity,...
going in circles, noticed,...

what they should do:
- announce a full frame, and deliver
- get a faster shutter, new asic/cpu, and new AF module,
with the k20d guts, and deliver,
- get the 645d dusted off, do a 300 limited edition, for select pro photographers,
40-48mp, and get moving
- outsource the production
- OEM the internals for sony, to stay float on volume,...

or move over, sell it off, and be done with it.
oops, they done that with P/S ,... canon / sony was /is eating their lunch

so what it's going to be for dinner ?

So a 500 gig SD card is coming soon, and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

I'll try to find that article, which was from a very reputable online source.

Cheers,
Cameron[/QUOTE]
06-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well with Sony's new unnamed (Super-Pro Alpha D-SLR model Incorporating a new Sony-made Full-Frame (24x36mm) 24.6mp Exmor CMOS Sensor) camera ready to be announced I expect Pentax to join in the FF game soon.
06-05-2008, 04:22 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Pentax is going to obsolete your cameras AND lenses by developing a camera that no longer has a screw-drive for AF in it.

Your old AF and MF lenses will still work of course. Just that your new AF screw-drive lenses will not have AF any longer on the new bodies, only SDM lenses will.

Anyone care to place a bet?

I should add that I do not think this is in anyway bad and that it is a natural progression.

Last edited by Tom M; 06-05-2008 at 04:29 PM.
06-05-2008, 05:42 PM   #45
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote
Pentax is going to obsolete your cameras AND lenses by developing a camera that no longer has a screw-drive for AF in it.

Your old AF and MF lenses will still work of course. Just that your new AF screw-drive lenses will not have AF any longer on the new bodies, only SDM lenses will.

Anyone care to place a bet?

I should add that I do not think this is in anyway bad and that it is a natural progression.
Do you remember on the Lens Roadmap???