Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Those are some very heavy words, Radu.

But I don't see why they can't be true. Unless, of course, WendyB is Ned Bunnell's wife or something!

Wendy Bunnell... hint hint hint

06-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
I recon the English is not by far my native language. So it may be just my lack of knowledge but I think you tend to write in giberish in a Nostradamus style gone bad.
I have a nice ideea for you (almighty secret and unique Pentax beta tester). Make some pictures with your extended Pentax gear to this new, elusive camera you are testing right now. You know the drill: some nice details for us the mortals. Please add a small text file with some caracteristics: mp, sensor size, ISO, so forth. Pack all of this in a rar password protected file with lots of characters (it makes it unbreakable unless you are CIA ). Send the rar file to some honnorable members of this forum.
After under 90 days when you say all this will become public give him the password. If the files inside are of this camera I promisse you all my sincere appologies and my proposal for you to become a PENTAX GODESS. If not I would like to suggest some medical treatment (which is entirely up to you) and most of all your promisse that you will leave for good this forum (with or without a second, third, nth "farewell thread - this forum has lost integrity" BS).

Of course this would be unacceptable for you but it is never too much effort to maintain (OR BUILD BECAUSE I NEVER SAW ANY PROOF IN THE PAST FROM YOU) the reputation of a very big Pentax insider (or just a fraud which
is my bet actually).

Radu
Because you don't know something doesn't mean WendyB doesn't. As far as I know, you might have to swallow your words, and that might be kind of painful after your comments...
06-07-2008, 03:09 PM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
Because you don't know something doesn't mean WendyB doesn't. As far as I know, you might have to swallow your words, and that might be kind of painful after your comments...
Of course she is right...The writing is already on the wall.

Ben
06-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #64
RaduA

@ flyer: If something is to appear in the future that alone doesn't make this person more knowledgeable than you and me if we don't have a proof that she was in the know when she proclaims. Want to bet with me that Pentax will come out "eventually" with a full frame body? I bet you don't. Want to bet with me that Pentax will launch a full frame within 80 days? I hope so because I need some new glass. If you read my original message you saw that people that proved they are in the know have nothing but admiration from me. I think right now even without official sponsorship Ben knows 10x as much as WB.

I honestly don't know why I am trying this much to prove that she lies. She is harmless anyway and if pretending to be a super duper tester for Pentax makes her day so be it. If pretending she "has/has not" cancer makes her day so be it and damn those who didn't pretend and died for real. If making "farewell threads" about this forum losing its integrity makes her day so be it. I only want to know if she's really the grand prophet of this forum and more in the know than other much respected members here or just a fraud.

I truly apologies to myself for wasting time with anything related to this and I sincerely promise that will never happen again.

And if I am to swallow my words so be it. But what if it is the other way around? Show me some proof and I'll be happy to say I was wrong!

@ftpaddict: I guess this would be the lamest thing ever. The husband tries to keep the secrets and the wife spills the beans over the net. Now really Ned is a great asset to Pentax and his name has nothing to do within this context!

Radu

I really feel bad about writing about this when I could write to a fellow pentaxian about how it feels to move from K100D to K20D. Sorry Rene'!

06-08-2008, 08:45 AM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax XC

First I'd like to say that it's a pity if people can't enjoy some cheerful fantasies about Pentax future without beginning to insult each other.

More fantasies. When you read about Pentax history, it's impossible not to notice that they are very keen to have various sort of anniversary models. There are special editions of cameras in gold or titan related to the anniversary of Pentax (Asahi) birth in 1919, to some even million of SLR cameras, to the first Pentax SLR etc. Best known are probably the special versions of LX, but also later models have been released in special anniversary versions, as well as the spotmatic in its time. Biggest special anniversary event was clearly the original LX that was supposed to be released at the Pentax Asahi 60-years anniversary (LX being 60 in roman numbers), although it for some reasons was delayed to 1980. Perhaps Hoya wont let them be so nostalgic in the future.

Next year is the 90-years anniversary of Pentax Asahis creation...
While you been busy dreaming up what a Pentax pro model would include I've been wondering if it would not be so that an eventual pro DSLR from Pentax in 2009 would be named

Pentax XC !!!

(XC being 90 in roman numbers). Pentax XC has about the same sound to it as LX and is short and sticks out enough from the current production names.

If I was to dream what sort of camera it would be, I would see some development of K20D or K200D that smell LX even if it has nothing to do with the actual LX, and with some features that make it as superior to the competition as the LX was at its time (e.g. it's TTL measurement system). Weather proofing stays of course. It probably have to be faster (Pentax LX motor could make 5 pictures/second, a number Pentax is not near today), but for the other features anybodies guess is as good as mine. Probably just rubbish, but it is fun to dream.

PS. When I first suggested this on another "dream-pro-thread" I messed up the roman numbers and age of Pentax (because the LX was delayed), so the name Pentax XC was actually suggested by another member, Asahiflex, who corrected my arithmetics. DS
06-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #66
RaduA

[QUOTE=Douglas_of_Sweden;263188]First I'd like to say that it's a pity if people can't enjoy some cheerful fantasies about Pentax future without beginning to insult each other.

Hi, Douglas_of_Sweden

All of us have "cheerful fantasies about Pentax". My current one is a compact camera with a K20Ds sensor. It remains in the "cheerful fantasies" realm until I pretend that I have a prototype in my hand. From then on either I can prove it (not necessarely today) or it is a lie.

"cheerful fantasies" don't offend people. Lies do.

Radu
06-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can see what you mean. The only real dissadvantage I feel my K20D has is that it is so much larger than my Pentax film cameras or the *istDS, and Pentax used to be good at making small cameras.

But RaduA, about pretending, this is a forum on the web, some people is using it as a part of their own real life, even part of their role as professional photographer, but some others use it to live out a dream, a recreation, not limited by reality. You suspect someone is pretending to have inside information. It may be annoying if you want serious discussion, but it is impossible to avoid or prevent as their is no guarantied link to a true identity unless you as a forum user offer it yourself. Hence, one have to be a little suspicious about everything said and done here (as generally on the web) until, with time, you learn that some people are usually making reliable serious posts, and likewise you learn that some other don't. Sure, on this forum we have something concrete to share: photos, so there are limits to how far a pretender can get as long as the discussion is about real photos, but if not, most of all if we are talking rumors, the potential for pretenders are unlimited, like on many other forum. And what guaranties is it that anyone here has the gear they claim, have done everything they say etc et. None at all. You can't avoid this, learn to live with it. Ignore those you don't like or trust. Care for the others.

06-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #68
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote

Pentax XC !!!
XC is short for eXtra Class:ugh: Any doubts?

Rui
06-08-2008, 05:10 PM   #69
RaduA

I can see what you mean. The only real dissadvantage I feel my K20D has is that it is so much larger than my Pentax film cameras or the *istDS, and Pentax used to be good at making small cameras.

But RaduA, about pretending, this is a forum on the web, some people is using it as a part of their own real life, even part of their role as professional photographer, but some others use it to live out a dream, a recreation, not limited by reality. You suspect someone is pretending to have inside information. It may be annoying if you want serious discussion, but it is impossible to avoid or prevent as their is no guarantied link to a true identity unless you as a forum user offer it yourself. Hence, one have to be a little suspicious about everything said and done here (as generally on the web) until, with time, you learn that some people are usually making reliable serious posts, and likewise you learn that some other don't. Sure, on this forum we have something concrete to share: photos, so there are limits to how far a pretender can get as long as the discussion is about real photos, but if not, most of all if we are talking rumors, the potential for pretenders are unlimited, like on many other forum. And what guaranties is it that anyone here has the gear they claim, have done everything they say etc et. None at all. You can't avoid this, learn to live with it. Ignore those you don't like or trust. Care for the others.
Douglas, you are 95% right and I already said this thing for me is in the past. I tell you what let's focus on someting more constructive. What about imagine a smaller, more portable Pentax camera? Sort of a Sigma DP1 done right. Even it may be a futile exercise for Gods sake is a totally better waste of time than the other waste of time

What say you?
Radu
06-08-2008, 05:36 PM   #70
Veteran Member

First I'd like to say that it's a pity if people can't enjoy some cheerful fantasies about Pentax future without beginning to insult each other.
Well there is one thing to indulge in harmless forum fantasy and quite another when that member has crossed the line and made unprovoked, unsubstantiated and slanderous lies on a public forum, which is exactly what the person in question had directed at me.

I got PMs from out of the blue several months ago from that person and when I pointed out the inconsistencies and discrepencies that the person had posted relating to inside info, NDAs in my reply, that person chose to retaliate by posting in one of the threads that I was a deadbeat seller on eBay, which is totally false.

I got the mods to intervene and remove that post. I don't know whether or not the person got an infraction or not, but in any other forum that person would likely have been de-registered for such libel.

I'm a pretty forgiving guy but to date I have not received even a iota of an apology from that person. So I just choose to ignore the quixotic and indecipherable posts that person puts up. I'm secure enough as a person that I don't need to live a lie. I can prove and verify who I am from people on this and other forums who know me in person. I'm not sure the same can be said for that other person.

Last edited by creampuff; 06-08-2008 at 05:48 PM.
06-09-2008, 04:55 AM   #71
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Well there is one thing to indulge in harmless forum fantasy and quite another when that member has crossed the line and made unprovoked, unsubstantiated and slanderous lies on a public forum, which is exactly what the person in question had directed at me.

I got PMs from out of the blue several months ago from that person and when I pointed out the inconsistencies and discrepencies that the person had posted relating to inside info, NDAs in my reply, that person chose to retaliate by posting in one of the threads that I was a deadbeat seller on eBay, which is totally false.

I got the mods to intervene and remove that post. I don't know whether or not the person got an infraction or not, but in any other forum that person would likely have been de-registered for such libel.

I'm a pretty forgiving guy but to date I have not received even a iota of an apology from that person. So I just choose to ignore the quixotic and indecipherable posts that person puts up. I'm secure enough as a person that I don't need to live a lie. I can prove and verify who I am from people on this and other forums who know me in person. I'm not sure the same can be said for that other person.
Hi, Creampuff

If I recall correctly you were singled out in one of the famous hysterical "farewell threads". What I don't recall was any motivation for this in the same text.

Radu
06-11-2008, 03:02 AM   #72

Original Poster
Pentax Pro Model

Okay here's what I found .....
Attached Images

06-11-2008, 03:19 AM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CagomoC Quote
Okay here's what I found .....

That one was posted around the time the K20D was released. Old stuffs.
06-11-2008, 03:21 AM   #74

Original Poster
humm

I don't see a mode dial?
06-11-2008, 03:26 AM   #75

LoL

LOL...a camera with two power switch...