06-11-2008, 03:37 AM   #76

Original Poster
there are people who shoots lefty..

06-11-2008, 04:02 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by CagomoC Quote
there are people who shoots lefty..

No, there aren't, and haven't been since the Exactas of the early 20th century, which featured a shutter release button on the left side of the camera.

The image you posted is an obvious (and poorly made) photomanipulation of a K20D. It looks ridiculous.
06-11-2008, 05:43 AM   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
It will also cure the Ebola virus, but not the Hanta virus.

That'll be implemented on the next model.
And a reason for the naysayers to complain.
06-11-2008, 09:01 AM   #79
Forum Member

I want to say "let's try to limit this to real speculation" but that is a joke of a statement in and of itself.

All joking aside though. I'm really hoping for a pro model from pentax if not just to see what their idea of a pro model is.

06-11-2008, 09:26 AM   #80
Veteran Member

I am interested in a pro model comparable to the Nikon D300. An improved k20D, same sensor, with full KAF2 mount, 5-6fps, a better continuous AF, better flash exposition, trap-focus with AF lenses, real MLU, and a price under 1800 euros.
06-12-2008, 10:16 AM   #81

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Awesome Quote
I want to say "let's try to limit this to real speculation" but that is a joke of a statement in and of itself.

All joking aside though. I'm really hoping for a pro model from pentax if not just to see what their idea of a pro model is.
Yes I AGREE.. Im tired of canon and nikon being the only choices for a promodels, the price range is just way over my buget limit and thoes who feel the same way. I like pentax most people started with pentax " the film era" not saying it's gone, i still shoot film, it's amazing how dslr's help me with film shooting it's kind of cheating but who cares photography isn't a sport yet..if there is a new model what would they call it... the fun begins...
06-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #82

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
There was a stupid manipulated image roaming around the internet around the time the K20D launched. I think your "friend" saw this image and thought "OMG breakthrough!"
well did you see that image your self? did you check out the details? do you own a pentax or do you jerk off with a canon and spouge out a nikon...well do you....

06-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #83

Original Poster
Why Auto Focus?

Do we really need Auto Focus? I think if AF was takin out of the picture we would have faster speed inrelation to sensors and storage would be more focused on. how often do some use AF? I think its just another way to add $$ to the price. If K10D didn't have AF but still has the metering capablities and instead of 3fps and made it 10fps I think it could of been done...Any thoughts?
06-12-2008, 10:48 AM   #84
Inactive Account

Do we really need Auto Focus? I think if AF was takin out of the picture we would have faster speed inrelation to sensors and storage would be more focused on. how often do some use AF? I think its just another way to add $$ to the price. If K10D didn't have AF but still has the metering capablities and instead of 3fps and made it 10fps I think it could of been done...Any thoughts?
I use AF quite a bit but isn't it nice that you can turn it off for people like yourself?
06-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #85
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think the only thing the K20D needs is faster AF. It already has better IQ than the Nikoff D300, and 90% of the people that use K20 don't care about better FPS.
Your not going to get these pro's that use Nikoff or Canot's for sports or quick shots to change what they get for free.

OK everyone get outside and take some pictures!!!!!!
06-13-2008, 01:37 AM   #86
Forum Member

I agree, we need faster AF & more FPS
06-13-2008, 02:29 AM   #87
Veteran Member

I'm on my way out to the track this morning to photograph some trotters training. 3fps is fast enough but good AF is a must. I have a K10D and a Sony A700. Care to guess which one I'll use for this type of shooting?

Ken
06-13-2008, 08:23 AM   #88
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Viewfinder that doesn't kill your nose...

after a couple of hours of shooting, my nose hurts from having been squished against the screen, and the screen is all slimy from nose-grease.

Sorry to be so graphic.

Ben shoots so much, his nose must be:

A) Sore all the time
B) Pushed to one side permanently
C) Devoid of cartilege
D) Numb

I wish they'd extend the viewfinder a little bit; I saw a guy with a new Canon, and he had an add-on accessory viewfinder magnifier that did just that. The 645 non-digital had a nice comfortable viewfinder for those of us with Anglo-Saxon noses.

Wake up, Pentax. They do such a beautiful job of ergonomics in their cameras in every respect except for this.

Cheers,
Cameron
06-13-2008, 09:23 AM   #89
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
I wish they'd extend the viewfinder a little bit; I saw a guy with a new Canon, and he had an add-on accessory viewfinder magnifier that did just that. The 645 non-digital had a nice comfortable viewfinder for those of us with Anglo-Saxon noses.
Well that exists already since K10D went out.
06-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #90
Veteran Member

One of these?

Then one of these to screw that up........lol