Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 127 Likes Search this Thread
12-16-2014, 08:05 PM - 3 Likes   #91
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
lol I bet it will not be FF, and people on this forum will go catatonic. There will be mental breakdowns. Get insurance before the announcement!
I think you mean apoplectic. I wish it was catatonic, then we wouldn't have to hear about it...

12-16-2014, 08:11 PM   #92
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I wish it was catatonic, then we wouldn't have to hear about it...
12-16-2014, 08:22 PM - 1 Like   #93
Veteran Member

As a recent K-3 and K5iis owner I can't bare the suspense LOL

Surely any new flagship superseding the K3 would be APC-S not FF. FF will carry its own line as does the 645Z and Q.

I am backing a K-3ii or like. Some bells and whistles and improvements here and there. The K3 is a celebrated camera so booting it off the assembly line completely doesn't seem plausible.

Anyway, I am very pleased with the recent acquisitions. The only temptation I will find is a FF camera coming to market. Unlikely in the near term I would say.
12-16-2014, 08:22 PM   #94
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
This is it... FF heaven time is coming.

Sorry... I can't believe I just said that, it just slipped out, I hate it when it does that.
LOL! FF or not - something's coming!

12-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #95
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by djam Quote
I would guess that if they have discontinued the K-5ll/K-5lls and discounted the K-3 then most likely we are looking at an APS-C camera and not FF.
This seems more logical out of all of the suppositions so far. Updated K-3 and, perhaps, K-50 early in the year. If we get FF next year, more reasonable to think roughly around this time imo.
12-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #96
Veteran Member

Well, Amazon's brief listing at the K-3 (Old Model) from last month would indicate a revamp to the existing flagship in lieu of a new designation or FF.

UNLESS IT'S A FULL FRAME K-3!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
12-16-2014, 08:55 PM   #97
mee
Veteran Member

Pentax is NOT Canon -- they're not going to release an APS-C 7d but a FF 6d ...talk about confusing to the newcomer.

12-16-2014, 09:24 PM   #98
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The K10D, K20D and K-7 were also 16 months old when they were replaced by the next model.
Since we are dealing with Pentax, the next model could either be a mind-blowingly good FF, or the Q-T (pronounced "cute"), that is like the latest Q but features a titanium plate on the top, accompanied by the Q-T-Si (pronounced "cutsie") that adds flashy buttons and LEDs from the K-S1 with the "i" standing for "interactive".

Please no EVF. Please.
12-16-2014, 09:30 PM   #99
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Whatever it is, I'm in...except if it says "Ricoh" on the front (or back).
That would be just my luck too.
Waiting all these years for a Pentax FF, and when it comes, it says Ricoh.
That. Would. Be. Classic.
12-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #100
Veteran Member

I'm with Monochrome on this I pre-ordered the K-3 and have had it for over a year and it still feels like picking up a brand new camera every time I use it. I'm good for a few years.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I got a K-3 exactly 12 months ago.
I sold many Pentax lenses and will sell many more.
I bought all three Princesses.

I will read with interest, but I am strangely copacetic with the way things are.

Yeah, that's the ticket.
12-17-2014, 12:07 AM   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

probably a K60, but I hope also a K-3II, which ever way there will be bargains to be had on the equipment for sale forum

If there is FF, i predict it to be at least 12 months away.

Or will it be a KS-2 to replace the K-50?

Last edited by beachgardener; 12-17-2014 at 12:20 AM.
12-17-2014, 12:26 AM   #102

I am hoping for two new cameras being announced for laternext year, a k3ii with upgraded video features like we see with the ks1 and qs1, and maybe, just maybe 4k video with slight upgrades to the shake reduction simulated AA filter. ALso, the long awaited Pentax FF that is supposed to come out next year.

the k3ii doesnt even need to compete with the k3 in price range with the GH4 being in 1600 price range with a 4/3, pentax should keep it priced in 1500 range with the likes of the 7dmark2 to build excitement and a following for another a 4k video dslr that is affordable, and get some of the other manufacturers to start producing cine lenses for pentaxes. it would be nice for pentax to get back in the video business considering Asahi originaly made lenses for movie cameras in the 30s.

the 7d mark 2 doesnt do 4k, sony, the a7s does but is a mirrorless FF in the mid $2k range. price at 1500 and Pentax would compete with everyone on price, and with an apsc rather than a 4/3 be pushing the iso/noise agains the similarly priced lumix. everything else seems to be 3k+, excluding the gopro4.

Last edited by Danzarr; 12-17-2014 at 12:37 AM.
12-17-2014, 12:51 AM   #103
Veteran Member

I just hope that Pentax will find a less confusing way in the nomenclature of their new products, whatever it will be.

Anyone who's just coming into the Pentax fold will be confused if they keep up with their current naming system.
12-17-2014, 02:07 AM   #104
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NicoleC Quote
Whatever it is, I'm not buying it. I have a K3 and I like it. I might buy the 16-85 and sell my 15Ltd. Or I might buy a 40XS or similar lens. But barring catastrophe, I'm not buying a new body for another 4 years or so.

(I probably shouldn't have said that.)

Me too. No point in getting another APS-C body. But if it turns out to be a FF, I get one straight away.
12-17-2014, 02:10 AM   #105
Veteran Member

If the guy who talked to @rburgoss is the same guy that i think it is, this store got an special visit like a month ago so probably his info is 100% correct.. soooo the question is.. the new big thing is APS-C or FF ?? :O :O :O in my case if is an APS-C i will not be interested at all.. im not willing to invest in APS-C knowing that FF could be release within some months.. besides what we would get if we already have the K3?? better AF?? buildin WiFi? better sensor?? .. nothing like that will justificate a body change.. but what if is a FF?? aahhh thats a totally new story, specially if it comes to a reasonable price to compete with the Sony A7ii ( $1600 - $2000 )... BUT who knows.. perhaps it is a new APS-C body, in case that is that is should be a beast of a body because if is not like that Ricoh wount get enough attention from the media, and everyone will keep talking about the A7ii .. so it SHOULD be an FF body, along with some new glass.. perhaps a kit 24-70 and some mid telephoto ( to start ), a few time later they can start releasing new primes, and some other zoom lenses.

At this time the only thing that i im sure is that if is an APS-C i wont buy .. perhaps i wont say that i wont buy it at ALL, but i wont be interested.. on the other hand if is a FF, i already have some $$ so spend there as soon as is available.