Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 127 Likes Search this Thread
12-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #151
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I will never be into full frame but, I know Pentax has to be into it since some of us here need it. It also needs to get a niche of the full frame market. I still would like to see an upgraded K-3II of course as stated by others without the mirror flap. I would also like to see more lenses particularly the 100-500 with AW sealing. Pentax should upgrade their protection to AW or DA* equivalent. This would be a good selling point.

12-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #152
Veteran Member

Well I am also hoping for a FF camera to come in 2015. I just hope it will be at a price point most of the people that want one can afford it. I also hoping that things like auto focus (and more auto focus points) will be improved along with flash sync speeds. The new camera also needs to use more of the features of the new flashes. Just a side note, I am little mad that they are not updating the firmware more often on the existing cameras to make small improvements (every six months) like they said.
12-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #153
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by goubejp Quote
There is not much room for improvements for the K3... except maybe this new backlit APC-C sensor that allows one stop improvement...
There is Always room for improvement. The problem is that less and less people are depending on those improvements.

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Because Sony is getting ready to release new sensor technology in Feb. I'm not sure Sony is going to continue to manufacture the traditional CMOS sensors. Maybe the new sensors will be BSI. Maybe they will be something like a Foveon. Sony is offering huge rebates on its own A77II which is newer than the K-3. Nikon is clearing its Dxxxx inventory.
So they all hope that with some new technology the market could turn around from this downfall going into the 3th year? I don't think so, because one of the issues of the current prices of camera's and the shrinking number of hobby photographers also leads to a secondhand market that is flooded with gear at bottom prices.

For all those who are buying the Canon 7Dii they have a good job on trying to sell there Original 7D.
12-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #154
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vantage-Point Quote
Well I am also hoping for a FF camera to come in 2015. I just hope it will be at a price point most of the people that want one can afford it. I also hoping that things like auto focus (and more auto focus points) will be improved along with flash sync speeds. The new camera also needs to use more of the features of the new flashes. Just a side note, I am little mad that they are not updating the firmware more often on the existing cameras to make small improvements (every six months) like they said.
Are they suppose to update firmware every six months? One look at the models in the Canikony world, you will be little more mad if you bought one from them.

12-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #155

If I could save money and not spend it on other stuff, today I would have a K3. Now I have to wait, but I don't think I will buy the next new model.

I like when everybody is talking about big price drops, but here the price was almost the same since the first day, but huge discounts on canon and nikon. I hate that.
12-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #156
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
According to PentaxPriceWatch, the K-5II was down to $800, the K-5IIs around $1000.
BF weekend last year the K-5 II body was 600 and the kit with the 18-135 WR was 800 with 4% rewards at B &H. I believe ad orama also played along too.

It pays to wait a year when buying Pentax camera bodies. Save a few hundred dollars at the least.. to many hundreds.
12-17-2014, 04:28 PM   #157
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by semaca Quote
but here the price was almost the same since the first day,
Where is "here"?

12-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #158
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
BF weekend last year the K-5 II body was 600 and the kit with the 18-135 WR was 800 with 4% rewards at B &H. I believe adorama also played along too.
I remembered that sale, but I wanted to stick to numbers I could find for before the K-3 launch in October.

It pays to wait a year when buying Pentax camera bodies. Save a few hundred dollars at the least.. to many hundreds.
That's generally how I've done things in the past, but as I age, it occurs to me that life is short and it's only money. (and I'm a tightwad in most other things, allowing my LBA/GBA to thrive! )
12-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #159
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

t as I age, it occurs to me that life is short and it's only money.
I'm absolutely on that bus ;~)
12-17-2014, 05:08 PM   #160
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
With all the FF talk I just had to share this video by Zack Arias on the different sensor size formats. Informative and funny.

Last edited by djam; 12-17-2014 at 05:52 PM.
12-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #161
mee
Veteran Member

I remembered that sale, but I wanted to stick to numbers I could find for before the K-3 launch in October.

That's generally how I've done things in the past, but as I age, it occurs to me that life is short and it's only money. (and I'm a tightwad in most other things, allowing my LBA/GBA to thrive! )

Splendid. Since you have hundreds of dollars to throw down the toilet or burn, spare some and buy me a K-3 and FA 31mm please. It is only money after all!

I joke but I'm glad for people who think like this.. they buy the products at full price which allows me to buy them at half!
12-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #162
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by goubejp Quote
There is not much room for improvements for the K3... except maybe this new backlit APC-C sensor that allows one stop improvement...
Well, if Ricoh really is working on a FF flagship that will have in-body SR, maybe some improvements in that mechanism (lighter? thinner? faster/more responsive? better motion sensing? panning modes?) will filter down to the top APS-C model.

That's on my wishlist, anyway.
12-17-2014, 05:15 PM   #163
Veteran Member

as I age, it occurs to me that life is short and it's only money.
I've been a tightwad most of my life but I'm starting to feel this way too! Must be because I'm turning 30 tomorrow.
12-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #164
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

BF weekend last year the K-5 II body was 600 and the kit with the 18-135 WR was 800 with 4% rewards at B &H. I believe ad orama also played along too.

Cross-posted from K-S1 thread:

While you wait for the price to come down you self-deny use of whatever marginal features the new camera offers. The difference between the original issue price and the lower price you later pay can be thought of as equivalent to rent. It is the value of the (lost) use of the new features over time during the 'waiting' period.

If you prefer to call that a cost, it is an opportunity cost - the cost of choosing to do something else with that money for that period of time.

Which is all fine if both early buyers and late buyers understand the economics and make active decisions.
12-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #165
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Cross-posted from K-S1 thread:

While you wait for the price to come down you self-deny use of whatever marginal features the new camera offers. The difference between the original issue price and the lower price you later pay can be thought of as equivalent to rent. It is the value of the (lost) use of the new features over time during the 'waiting' period.

If you prefer to call that a cost, it is an opportunity cost - the cost of choosing to do something else with that money for that period of time.

Which is all fine if both early buyers and late buyers understand the economics and make active decisions.
Its easier (well, a little bit) to wait when you already have a fantastic camera like the K-01!