Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 127 Likes Search this Thread
12-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #166
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I joke but I'm glad for people who think like this.. they buy the products at full price which allows me to buy them at half!
Not necessarily full price, but not necessarily waiting a year. Depends on what it is. For instance, when Sigma finally produces a lens I want in K-mount, I'm more willing to jump on it (1) to encourage them to make more K-mount lenses and (2) because they probably won't make many, and if you wait, you might enjoy 100% savings (and no lens).

12-17-2014, 05:38 PM   #167
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Not necessarily full price, but not necessarily waiting a year. Depends on what it is. For instance, when Sigma finally produces a lens I want in K-mount, I'm more willing to jump on it (1) to encourage them to make more K-mount lenses and (2) because they probably won't make many, and if you wait, you might enjoy 100% savings (and no lens).
That was the point I was making!
12-17-2014, 05:38 PM - 1 Like   #168
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JibbaJab Quote
I've been a tightwad most of my life but I'm starting to feel this way too! Must be because I'm turning 30 tomorrow.
OMG! How is your arthritis today? Did you take your pills?

(Happy Birthday!)
12-17-2014, 05:39 PM   #169
mee
Veteran Member

I've been a tightwad most of my life but I'm starting to feel this way too! Must be because I'm turning 30 tomorrow.

THIRTY. YEARS. OLD.

You oldddddddddddddddddddddd person you.

12-17-2014, 05:45 PM   #170
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wait until you double that...................
12-17-2014, 05:57 PM   #171
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Wait until you double that...................
And then I'll have even more money to spend on LBA?
12-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #172
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Unless you have grandkids. I swear, there's a statue outside of Delta Airline's headquarters of one of my teammates, holding his wallet out.

12-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #173
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And more excuses to part with it, like grandkids............ or pictures of grandkids.
12-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #174

maybe is k-3II aps-c coming, The ff dream might come only by summer next year, who knows...

If I could choose, i'd pick better glass and better processors rather than a bigger sensor
12-17-2014, 06:28 PM   #175

QuoteOriginally posted by drei3 Quote
Hopefully a K-3ii or something like that with a tilting screen.
Ditto that.
12-17-2014, 06:32 PM - 1 Like   #176
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lokusart Quote
If I could choose, i'd pick better glass and better processors rather than a bigger sensor
All of it.
12-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #177

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
All of it.
your signature made me realize... how if we substitute Godot by FF?

maybe that's the secret Beckett never told
12-17-2014, 06:52 PM - 1 Like   #178
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drei3 Quote
Hopefully a K-3ii or something like that with a tilting screen.
Maybe I'm an odd one but tilting screens have no appeal for me, mainly because I do not use use the existing screen for shooting, because it's a screen not because it doesn't tilt. There's very little they could do to improve K-3 significantly for me apart from some tweaking in low light and AF performance and better video, even FF does not interest me. But I'll be glad if they do release a good FF for those who want it, just as I'm delighted to see the 645Z doing well.

So I'll just sit on the sidelines and watch the reactions with interest, maybe some amusement too, when the next Pentax top of the range DSLR is announced but at present K-3 bargain prices, I'm glad I didn't wait!

Last edited by Dave L; 12-17-2014 at 07:05 PM.
12-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #179
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I really doubt that K3 users will upgrade to a camera that just have tilting screen and buildin WiFi... looking at the D72000 Nikon will stick with the 24mp sensor at their APS-C top camera, so probably Pentax will do it too.. better AF?? mmm K3 have a good AF perhaps not a great AF-C but once again.. for a K3 users thats too little to upgrade ... more FPS ?? mmm not enough..

When people upgraded from K5ii /K5iis we got.. new sensor, wifi ( sort of), dual SD card, many more focus points, a little faster AF, AA simulator, better screen resolution, USB 3, and some other stuffs... So.. are K3 users going to upgrade just because of a tilt screen, buildin wifi, and better AF-C.. mmmmmm i dont think so.. the sucesor most be a BEAST to make users want to upgrade OR, to jump into Pentax. or.. it will just be a FF and just with the new sensor we can already die with a smile.
12-17-2014, 07:05 PM   #180
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
For the record, it's a curse, not a proverb. It's based on the fact that "interesting times" in history usually involve wars, famines, plagues, revolutions, all the stuff that isn't very good for the people actually living it.
I thought it was a Chinese proverb. Was not sure. Are you telling me they were cursing at us?! Is it "exciting" or "interesting" times? Gotta look it up.