Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #181
mee
Veteran Member

On the other hand, maybe hes blowing smoke.. and in 2 months nothing is launched. haha

12-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #182
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
I'm absolutely on that bus ;~)
Hey, I think I'm driving that bus!

Murray
12-17-2014, 09:37 PM   #183
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
Well, if Ricoh really is working on a FF flagship that will have in-body SR, maybe some improvements in that mechanism (lighter? thinner? faster/more responsive? better motion sensing? panning modes?) will filter down to the top APS-C model.

That's on my wishlist, anyway.
SR on my K-3 automatically turns off when I'm panning and they automatically turns back on when I stop.
12-17-2014, 10:13 PM   #184
Pentaxian

Yo Pentax, the natives are restless! Give us a hint and Merry Christmas!

12-17-2014, 10:38 PM   #185
Pentaxian

Give me a stop or more less noise and I'd buy. I'd probably get another step better AF, better video, plus a few other toys. But noise and dynamic range will get my money.

I know we won't see 645z iso range in an aps-c sensor, but how about half as good?
12-17-2014, 11:58 PM   #186

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Waiting all these years for a Pentax FF, and when it comes, it says Ricoh.
That. Would. Be. Classic.
ha; that would be hilarious.
12-18-2014, 12:11 AM   #187

I'm already looking for Nikon D750, it looks like a perfect FF. But I'm still waiting to the next summer to see what Ricoh can do. Maybe the upcoming trip has something to do about not to buy that Nikon yet It would be stupid to have that Nikon now when I'm in need of money cuz of a half year's trip to the Australia. But it's sure that if there are not signs of Pentax FF after the next summer then you'll see one Pentaxian going to Nikon.

12-18-2014, 06:00 AM - 1 Like   #188
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
On the other hand, maybe hes blowing smoke.. and in 2 months nothing is launched. haha
Well, that man refrained from making a sale, so he'd better be sure of himself.
12-18-2014, 08:10 AM   #189
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stickl Quote
I'm already looking for Nikon D750, it looks like a perfect FF. But I'm still waiting to the next summer to see what Ricoh can do. Maybe the upcoming trip has something to do about not to buy that Nikon yet It would be stupid to have that Nikon now when I'm in need of money cuz of a half year's trip to the Australia. But it's sure that if there are not signs of Pentax FF after the next summer then you'll see one Pentaxian going to Nikon.
Who said anything about a summer release? They tend not to let the cat out of the bag until the release itself.
12-18-2014, 08:36 AM   #190
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Removable tilting screen...

Steve
That's called WiFi tethering with a suction cup phone holder attached to the camera screen

@Dave L: Tilting screen is a part of better video. The main time when I'd love to have that is when I'm shooting a video. It would be very handy. Otherwise I'd rarely NEED it.

What would I hope for... better video of course... the option of using SR during video shoots. Add the option of shooting MJPEG at 80 Mbps. 1080p is enough. Full sensor readout that is downscaled to the 1080p, instead of just picking a couple of pixels of the sensor (should come thanks to a newer Milbeaut and a newer sensor without much effort on Pentax' side). No downgrades in other areas of video (the K-3 had some improvements, and some downgrades over the K-5... it'd be nice to get only improvements). Tilting screen. That'd be all on the video side. PDAF on sensor would be nice for video and for stills in live view. WiFi and GPS would be nice additions, especially if we can get full control over the camera over WiFi (or USB) and can write our own apps to control the camera (and things like sensor position etc.). That would FINALLY give Pentax proper tethered shooting, and let them leap ahead of Canikon. Option to backup the SD card to a USB hard drive on the go, so when travelling it's not necessary to bring a laptop.

BSI sensor would be nice, but I really doubt we'll see that. Samsung won't be giving their advantage to Pentax, they want to milk their BSI sensor to get much needed marketshare. Likewise when Sony gets there I doubt they'll want to sell it to others... same reason.
12-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #191
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
I used to not care about a tilt screen until I got the Fuji X30 which has that feature. I find it to be incredibly useful for shooting both low and high angle as well as for video shooting.

On the D750 the live-view tilt screen is nice as well but not as quick to shoot as the rapid-fire shooting of the X30.
It is also useful when taking casual pictures and you don't want to spook people by overtly pointing the camera at them.
12-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #192
Veteran Member

Oh yes I forgot about that. Very handy for stealthy portraits.
You lot are soooo sneaky!

I have been known to use a wideangle for that though...
12-18-2014, 10:13 AM   #193
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
LOL I didn't even think about a sneaky use until Dave pointed at it
12-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #194
Veteran Member

I used to not care about a tilt screen until I got the Fuji X30 which has that feature. I find it to be incredibly useful for shooting both low and high angle as well as for video shooting.

On the D750 the live-view tilt screen is nice as well but not as quick to shoot as the rapid-fire shooting of the X30.
I've barely used it so far on my Fuji XT1 but i don't really shoot video. it is useful for getting down low (without physically getting down low - a nice feature the older i get- and for shooting over people in a crowd. I wish it actually had the touch focus feature of the omde5 i tried (that is a cool feature I almost bought the 5 but decided a rational 1 brand system made more sense)
12-18-2014, 10:59 AM   #195
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I've barely used it so far on my Fuji XT1 but i don't really shoot video. it is useful for getting down low (without physically getting down low - a nice feature the older i get- and for shooting over people in a crowd. I wish it actually had the touch focus feature of the omde5 i tried (that is a cool feature I almost bought the 5 but decided a rational 1 brand system made more sense)
I used to like tilt for shooting over a crowd, but LCDs have improved to the point that I can usually see a normal LCD well enough to compose a photo while holding the camera over my head.