Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2008, 04:42 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Review on K20D

Has any one seen the new issue of What Digital Camera. This Magazine had one of the best and most honest reviews I have ever seen from any Magazine on the K20D
In all the reviews this person gave of different products and cameras I have to say I think he hit every camera with outstanding indifference.

Check it out at www.whatdigitalcamera.com

05-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I agree completely with this review.

Only one thing to be added. The underexposition problem can be fixed by pressing the Fn button and adjusting in the custom image menu. Takes a few tries and a lot of testing but after a while the camera is adjusted accordingly under all light situation.

Mine took blueish pics and it showed in the shadow areas. After adjusting trought the menus, i finnaly got crisp and natural colors regardless that it was under sunlight, clouds or flash.

But to all of you who want this camera, READ THE MANUAL!!!!!!
05-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Has any one seen the new issue of What Digital Camera. This Magazine had one of the best and most honest reviews I have ever seen from any Magazine on the K20D
In all the reviews this person gave of different products and cameras I have to say I think he hit every camera with outstanding indifference.

Check it out at Home - What Digital Camera - digital camera reviews, latest camera news, camera buying advice, photography techniques, photographic gallery, photography forums

Not a bad review - shame he got it wrong about the AF system. The K10D had the same number of cross sensors. Oops. Well we all make mistakes.

Funny how he praises the build quality, handling and simplicity whereas AP marked it down for these same features. Shows how subjective reviews can be. Agree about the lenses too - using the kit lens is a pretty poor indicator of AF performance.