Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Especially as it says DIE PENTAX!

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
I hate to say it, but that cover photo really doesn't give the reader a good impression of Pentax quality. A camera really shouldn't come apart like that in someone's hands.

12-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
DIE PENTAX!
Pentax is doomed!
12-28-2014, 07:19 AM   #18
Site Supporter

There was a reply to the op on the magazine site. The link look like it takes you to were the magazine is sold. Anyone want to pick on up in Germany?

Thank you for the note, there is so much going on in the Pentax-Fans . And there's our edition 1/2015 camera in these newsagents: https://www.mykiosk.com/suche/82916/camera/ and pulp novels are available in each.
12-29-2014, 10:21 AM   #19

I just ordered a copy. Will read it, burn it and never tell anybody ever what was written there. Yes, I am an evil genius! Muhahahaha.

12-30-2014, 04:57 AM   #20

I have buy it and i'm disappointed!

It's the title story but contains very little text. Buying is not worthwhile.
12-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #21
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by astron Quote
Hahaha! Which one of you German readers posted that comment on the Camera Magazin website? I think pieces like this are good because the more is written about the great heritiage of Pentax, the more people remember that Pentax isn't dead, and that they still make excellent cameras!

Er, that happened to be me, actually. The garbled machine translation aside (no offence, I don't expect the rest of the world to be proficient in German!), I meant what wrote.

I just tried to make the point that evoking some sort of Pentax nostalgia was certainly valuable for brand exposure but would not necessarily translate into perceptions of present-day relevance and competence of Pentax cameras. In fact, I was not offhandedly criticizing the article, but trying to give the makers of that fairly new publication some balanced, constructive, and ultimately encouraging feedback. The people at Camera magazine dug it, if the reply by a staff member is any indication ...

Last edited by Madaboutpix; 12-30-2014 at 04:58 PM. Reason: misquoted title
01-06-2015, 10:49 AM   #22

It arrived in the mail today. Wow, I learnt so much! Did you know that Pentax once made cameras? That revelation blew my mind!

Seriously, bunch of pretty pictures with a year and a bit of text why the camera in the picture was special (not 'special child' special).