Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2015, 07:37 PM - 7 Likes   #391
New Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 17
So here are the picture I took no post processing since I don't have anything other than Picasa 3 on this machine. Internet sucks and won't download anything either.

TechIsCool's Pentax CES Pictures

01-08-2015, 07:38 PM - 3 Likes   #392
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Here you go - the 3 best back shots among your photos.




---------- Post added 01-08-15 at 09:43 PM ----------

And here are the mounts on the new Zoom & Telephoto
01-08-2015, 07:43 PM   #393
Veteran Member
mrNewt's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON, RH
Posts: 2,170
I love those buttons on the back!!!
01-08-2015, 07:44 PM - 1 Like   #394
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Orange bottom?


01-08-2015, 07:46 PM   #395
New Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 17
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Orange bottom?
Yes Orange Bottom

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Here you go - the 3 best back shots among your photos.
Thanks Everyone Enjoy the photos. It seems to have a nice configuration on the back they would not give me any more information on it other than its a demo
01-08-2015, 07:58 PM   #396
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by TechIsCool Quote
Yes Orange Bottom


Thanks Everyone Enjoy the photos. It seems to have a nice configuration on the back they would not give me any more information on it other than its a demo
Thanks for the photos!
01-08-2015, 08:43 PM   #397
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pasadena, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,103
This grip should fit well into my rectangular hands.

I hope they release something more akin to K-5 body. Although the design of Pentax cameras was quite adventurous before - see K-30 and K-01.
01-08-2015, 08:51 PM   #398
Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,726
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Plastic mount, no quick shift, no scale distance, optional lens hood.
I'm not sure why a plastic mount would be terrible. I've had several Canon kit lenses with plastic mounts, and I never managed to wear one out.

01-08-2015, 08:53 PM   #399
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,399
QuoteOriginally posted by rrstuff Quote
This grip should fit well into my rectangular hands.

I hope they release something more akin to K-5 body. Although the design of Pentax cameras was quite adventurous before - see K-30 and K-01.
Wait about 18 months. If they follow past trends, the K-50-successor-successor will have more "traditional" styling.
01-08-2015, 08:54 PM   #400
Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,726
QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
what an interesting pancake zoom.
Once they figure out pancake in this case, maybe they'll produce a new pancake-version of the 01 lens for the Q-family; that would be really useful/good!!
01-08-2015, 08:56 PM - 1 Like   #401
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pasadena, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,103
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Wait about 18 months. If they follow past trends, the K-50-successor-successor will have more "traditional" styling.
Thankfully I am set with a K-3 as of tomorrow , so I think I can wait these 18 months.


Source: XKCD; http://xkcd.com/281/
01-08-2015, 09:04 PM   #402
Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,726
QuoteOriginally posted by rrstuff Quote
Thankfully I am set with a K-3 as of tomorrow , so I think I can wait these 18 months.
Source: XKCD; http://xkcd.com/281/
Your drawing is interesting. I had a package which, according to tracking, did something even worse than staying put; it went from Chicago suburb1 to suburb2 and then back to suburb1, before finally heading towards Indiana. As nearly as I can tell, the loop to suburb2 was a mistake that added at least three days to the time it took for the package to get to me.
01-08-2015, 09:05 PM   #403
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pasadena, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,103
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Your drawing is interesting. I had a package which, according to tracking, did something even worse than staying put; it went from Chicago suburb1 to suburb2 and then back to suburb1, before finally heading towards Indiana. As nearly as I can tell, the loop to suburb2 was a mistake that added at least three days to the time it took for the package to get to me.
Not my drawing, it's XKCD, like in the source below.

Well, it better not happen to me. I have been getting quite anxious about this K-3 .
01-08-2015, 09:54 PM   #404
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 404
QuoteOriginally posted by TechIsCool Quote
So here are the picture I took no post processing since I don't have anything other than Picasa 3 on this machine. Internet sucks and won't download anything either.

TechIsCool's Pentax CES Pictures
You sir are a hero now.
01-08-2015, 10:21 PM   #405
Site Supporter
6BQ5's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nevada, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,064
QuoteOriginally posted by TechIsCool Quote
Thanks Everyone Enjoy the photos. It seems to have a nice configuration on the back they would not give me any more information on it other than its a demo

Awesome job in getting those shots! I'm sure everyone here would have loved to be at CES but travel isn't always possible for all of us. Your photos are the next best thing!

I'm even more excited about this body than I eventually was for the K-S1. This could very well be the K-30 replacement I have been hoping for - which isn't a K-3 or a FF!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af, bodies, body, button, camera, cameras, ces, da, diaphragm, dslr, engineers, flu, k-3, lens, light, macro, nikon, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, plastic, power, release, ricoh, sdm, watches, wi-fi, wr
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ricoh's Booth at CP+ 2015 Docrwm Pentax News and Rumors 80 02-10-2015 04:37 AM
Pentax / Ricoh Full Frame at CES ClinchShots Pentax Full Frame 44 01-01-2015 02:44 PM
Pentax at CES i83N Photographic Industry and Professionals 38 01-10-2014 10:34 AM
Where is the Pentax news from CES 2010? KungPOW Pentax News and Rumors 29 01-19-2010 11:31 AM
Pentax at Jan 7th 2010 CES ? Samsungian Pentax News and Rumors 34 01-08-2010 03:58 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:51 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top