Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2015, 04:29 AM - 1 Like   #556
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
all this time and space waisted talking about schroedingers touchscreen.

01-14-2015, 04:53 AM   #557
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
I doubt anyone will buy second hand cameras anymore if that would be the case.
Even as a joke it just sound wrong...

Can you imagine going in a store to try out a new camera and waiting your turn behind a dude!?
Really?
As a joke, I find it brilliant ! LOL
01-14-2015, 05:08 AM   #558
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I don't care if anything has a touch screen so long as I can still get a flagship Pentax camera that doesn't require me to use it for anything. Same as EVF - have at it as long as I can get a flagship Pentax camera that has an OVF.
Just own the K-3

In enough time you won't be able to get a flagship model without these features.
01-14-2015, 05:27 AM   #559
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
all this time and space waisted talking about schroedingers touchscreen.
Well after 38 pages what is left to talk about?

We can try to restart/derail the thread. What if... Pentax has decided to enter the FF market with a tiny and very affordable entry level FF shown at CES? Which also is the reason why it has remained unnamed. No chance, but it would certainly stir things up if it was.

01-14-2015, 05:40 AM   #560
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Well after 38 pages what is left to talk about?

We can try to restart/derail the thread. What if... Pentax has decided to enter the FF market with a tiny and very affordable entry level FF shown at CES? Which also is the reason why it has remained unnamed. No chance, but it would certainly stir things up if it was.
An FF shown with a DAL 18-50 es kit lens?
Nope...
01-14-2015, 06:15 AM   #561
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Nope...
party pooper
01-14-2015, 06:18 AM   #562
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Nope...
That was just to throw us off?

01-14-2015, 06:21 AM   #563
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
That was just to throw us off?
Well, yes, no. Some will really expect that you know. And then will complain. Again.
01-14-2015, 06:26 AM - 1 Like   #564
Pentaxian

Despite Ricoh clearly specifying that it has an APS-C sensor. How typical.
01-14-2015, 07:05 AM - 1 Like   #565
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
Just own the K-3

In enough time you won't be able to get a flagship model without these features.
I do own the K-3. We'll see about the inevitability of these 'features.' Change is not always progress. I hope the OVF never goes away. EVF is unsatisfactory, proponents to the contrary.
01-14-2015, 07:07 AM   #566
Veteran Member

FF body will be slightly larger to house the larger mirror, viewfinder and sensor.
So is quite impossible for the new no name camera to be the next FF... stop dreaming.
01-14-2015, 08:08 AM   #567
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I do own the K-3. We'll see about the inevitability of these 'features.' Change is not always progress. I hope the OVF never goes away. EVF is unsatisfactory, proponents to the contrary.
Hunch only....

A poll of K-3 users on whether they'd trade the audio monitoring jack for built-in WiFi would come out quite lopsided toward WiFi.

More to the point, we all have a tendency to pan possible features we don't think we'll use but then ignore the features we already have but never use.
01-14-2015, 08:18 AM - 1 Like   #568
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
Hunch only....

A poll of K-3 users on whether they'd trade the audio monitoring jack for built-in WiFi would come out quite lopsided toward WiFi.

More to the point, we all have a tendency to pan possible features we don't think we'll use but then ignore the features we already have but never use.
We have an audio monitoring jack!?
01-14-2015, 08:38 AM   #569
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm all in favor of adding as much capability as the manufacturer can squeeze into the camera so long as they allow me to choose whether I want to use it. I might have a use for Wi-Fi for remote camera control on a tripod. I doubt I'd use it to post to Instagram, for instance. My post above referred to the 'inevitability' of the touch screen LCD and the EVF.*

So, humorous aside (at least I think it is humorous) --

I was an English Major writing proposals for my undergraduate thesis and my advisor kept pushing me to write something related to Whitman. I had proposed to write a comparative on Ahab and Hamlet. Finally, in frustration, I asked, "Why in hell do I have to write about Whitman?" He replied, "It's a Rite of Passage. If you're going to teach Americanists at the college level you must first make your peace with Whitman."

I never made my peace with Whitman, and I doubt I'll ever make my peace with the Electronic Viewfinder. I can navigate menus and select focus points (or focus and recompose) with buttons just fine - I don't need Touch Screen technology to do those things. Likewise, so long as Pentax continues to offer its flagship camera body (even a version of its flagship camera body) with an OVF - I'll be happy - but . . ..

I suspect if industry economics compel me to accept what I consider an inferior technology (EVF) or never buy another camera - I'll do something else with my free time.
01-14-2015, 09:00 AM   #570
Veteran Member

I often wonder how much the features we never use impacted the prices or form factor of the cameras.