Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2015, 07:28 PM - 3 Likes   #1

Pentax interview at CES on Fox Business

Interesting interview : Ricoh’s creates 360-degree panoramic selfie machine | Ricoh?s creates 360-degree panoramic selfie machine | On Air Videos | Fox Business

01-06-2015, 07:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
KS-1 got a great plug. The interviewer "loved it" and really liked the white calling it "cool".
01-06-2015, 07:59 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
KS-1 got a great plug. The interviewer "loved it" and really liked the white calling it "cool".
His mention of it being a 'flat field interface' and the reasoning suddenly makes the goofball design of the thing make sense as well. Its geared towards those who are used to a cell phone interface as opposed to a 'normal' camera one.

Thats kind of ingenious in a way.
01-06-2015, 08:46 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good spokesman for Pentax/Ricoh. Too bad Pentax/Ricoh didn't clearly and effectively promoted the benefits and design rationale he mentioned (360 degree any axis field of view selfies with the Theta, and the "flat field interface") in their previous press releases and advertising I've seen. If they had, I think a lot of the knee-jerk criticism would have not happened and they would have sold more units.

01-06-2015, 09:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
ok. this is very cool that 18-50 is a compact WR, DC lens. I think I will buy it, especially if it is priced like a kit lens.

Good autofocus and WR will be enough to balance mediocre IQ. However, a small range of zoom and moderate apertures might mean the lens performs just fine.
01-06-2015, 10:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

It was nice to see someone representing Pentax actually seem not only not bored, not only not on the verge of falling asleep, but actually excited about the products.

They've really dropped the ball with Theta marketing. It is, in my opinion, without question, the best snapshot camera of all time. It's even better than a selfie camera - it captures MOMENTS better than any camera ever made, because of its spherical view. It's got amazing applications for any kind of special event, occasion, etc. Weddings, innaugurations, sporting events, parties, surprise engagements...just think about how great it must be to capture the reactions of EVERYONE present at the same time. It's really amazing, and I would love to own one.
01-07-2015, 11:48 AM   #7
Veteran Member

GREAT interview!! He was excited as was the Fox interviewer. Great that they got to highlight a unique product but then touch on some of the other products and the history of the brand.

01-07-2015, 11:53 AM   #8
Banned

Yeah great:

Things that can improve:

- take an iPad with you next time
- K-S1 all white..........well time for a new eyepiece since it's a little black.
- on the gopro competition....just let it fall on the floor and pck it up.
01-07-2015, 11:57 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Pretty cool!
It made me excited for no apparent reason
01-07-2015, 12:48 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
Pretty cool!
It made me excited for no apparent reason
Both Jim Malcolm and the interviewer's excitement over the products is simply infectious! Especially when she (the interviewer) gushes out "I love this!" over the "flat field interface (back)" of the K-S1.
01-07-2015, 04:12 PM   #11
Pentaxian

A compliment from the Fox Network is not a good thing.
01-07-2015, 04:14 PM - 2 Likes   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Although this camera is up their alley - K-S1 seems fair and balanced in the hand.
01-07-2015, 05:17 PM - 2 Likes   #13
Veteran Member

You are right. Its an outstandingly excellent thing.
01-07-2015, 06:09 PM - 3 Likes   #14
Pentaxian

It doesn't matter what Fox represents, it's a demographic that might actually be interested in the products, have a familiarity with the old Pentax, have a little disposable income, figure out the Wi-Fi, and , by and large, any publicity is welcome at this point. Talking heads on all sides welcome for a foot in the door.
01-07-2015, 10:29 PM   #15

You are right. Its an outstandingly excellent thing.
Kudos. Agree.