Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 74 Likes Search this Thread
02-04-2015, 10:01 AM   #286
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
Well maybe the K-3 successor would be a 36 mega pix with a much better noise control and without hardware issues.
Under current technology, I believe that a 36MP APS-C sensor would be seriously over-crowded, and would have all the IQ problems normally associated with small sensor cameras.

02-04-2015, 10:32 AM   #287
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Under current technology, I believe that a 36MP APS-C sensor would be seriously over-crowded, and would have all the IQ problems normally associated with small sensor cameras.
Samsung's 28 MP sensor should have about the same pixel size as a normal 20 MP sensor. 28 MP is more than enough IMHO. Pentax could shift around the sensor to create higher res photos, like the new Olympus OM-D EM-5 II.

@VE2CJW: Computers can do so much more. They are more flexible. They can be programmed and run programs to do tasks that would usually take lots of manual labor. And WiFi isn't used to turn it into a tablet, but to use a tablet or smartphone with it's bigger, higher quality screen to control the camera in situations where that may be useful (for example you place the camera in a location where you can't see the screen/look through the viewfinder).

I hope they significantly upgrade the screen. Yes, the K-3 had a bump over the K-5, but a pretty insignificant one (in terms of resolution). A gorilla glass protected (maybe they already do that? Hm...) screen with much higher resolution and contrast and viewing angles etc. I mean I can easily see the pixels on my camera, but I need to take off my glasses (I'm short sighted) to see the pixels on my phone. Give me a 1920x1440 screen, same size. Who wants can use a screen loupe to use the screen as a high res EVF. Pentax could make that accessory, designed to clip onto the screen.

Last edited by kadajawi; 02-04-2015 at 10:56 AM.
02-04-2015, 10:33 AM   #288
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zephos Quote
I thought I had done enough research but I wondered if I should wait to buy a new camera. Got the K-50 because it was cheap so I guess this won't change anything. I'm just sad that no matter what I do, any camera I get will only be new for a while.
Define obsolete? If it has the features you desired and they are well-implemented, it will not become obsolete until your needs change. In my case, I shot with a K10D for seven years before finally upgrading to the K-3 and even then the upgrade was the result in a change of need on my part.

Steve
02-04-2015, 03:37 PM   #289
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Mirror. It is cured AFAIK but people will act as if this was present on every single one of them. Just as SDM illness.
Yep this hardware problem. I was just trying to be polite.