Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 74 Likes Search this Thread
01-08-2015, 09:25 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
Have somebody notice that there is no visible MOVIE swtich... how would this handle movie, cuz i doubt that there will not be a movie option.. but where??
It's on the power switch, like the K-S1. There are three settings - off - on - video.

01-08-2015, 09:28 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
It's on the power switch, like the K-S1. There are three settings - off - on - video.
NICE.. didnt notice that until now.. i really like this camera.
01-08-2015, 09:29 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marktax Quote
HDR hasn't been on any mode dial since K-01.
We now have the "User" positions, e.g. on the K-50, and this new K-??.
They're more flexible, but can be set to HDR if you wish.
01-08-2015, 09:32 PM - 2 Likes   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

NICE.. didnt notice that until now.. i really like this camera.
It sounds like a lot of folks will like this camera, but trim it down a little, stick a couple LEDs on the front, and it's torches and pitchforks time!

01-08-2015, 09:47 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Hey look...NFC
How can you tell?
01-08-2015, 09:50 PM   #36

Congrats to Ricoh Pentax. It looks just amazing, Pentax was in the need of a nice movie dslr. If this is 60fps in fullHD...and maybe, just maybe, 4K, it would hit the market very very well. I mean, I know at least 3 dslr videographers that have canons with adapters for smc pentax lenses, because of the amazing manual focus and IQ. And the price.

It is just amazing for the K-mount and the legacy lenses to be so good for video, and now finally we have a camera to make all this things work togheter.

It also amazing how they keep the secret until the official announcement. With that level of surprise, we can wait anything FFor CP+ .

Now I have a theory. Pentax is doing so well with this K-?, that I believe that the K-S1 was just a strategy to disorient the rest of the market, lol.
01-08-2015, 09:52 PM   #37
Veteran Member

The area next to the flipping LCD and the inner grip area on the front seem compressed. Maybe this camera will be more narrow than the K30/50?

Also, will this be 50,xxx color combos? The yellow/carbon body looks good.

01-08-2015, 09:54 PM   #38
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pentax seriously need to re-look at mirrorless market instead of these cosmetic gimmicks if they are looking to increase some market-share.
01-08-2015, 09:54 PM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Newtophotos Quote
How can you tell?
'N' logo on the side of the grip.

QuoteOriginally posted by Newtophotos Quote
The area next to the flipping LCD and the inner grip area on the front seem compressed. Maybe this camera will be more narrow than the K30/50?

Also, will this be 50,xxx color combos? The yellow/carbon body looks good.
Can't tell. It might be a little thinner than the K-5, but the hinge and frame on the LCD take up a lot of the back.
01-08-2015, 09:57 PM   #40

Also, looking at the picture, in the cardslot, there s a lot of emphasis in that the SD card can be XC....you know...if you film in 4K you gonna need a good fast big card...
01-08-2015, 09:59 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
It sounds like a lot of folks will like this camera, but trim it down a little, stick a couple LEDs on the front, and it's torches and pitchforks time!
haha.. well.. the KS1 is just a mmmmm "different" story for a different market, that camera was ment to be for the young market, teenagers starting at photography that like flashy things.. on the other hand.. this new camera looks more like a serious entry/mid level. Discret, but modern.. simple but useful..

This is a camera that will be good for people that feel confortable with the K50 performance and perhaps they want something more ( wifi, screen, sensor? ).

But yes, thank God that we dont see any LEDs around.. wifi led ring is ok.. but THATS IT..
01-08-2015, 09:59 PM - 2 Likes   #42
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Gah I'm hyped for this!
01-08-2015, 10:02 PM   #43

Have somebody notice that there is no visible MOVIE swtich... how would this handle movie, cuz i doubt that there will not be a movie option.. but where??
in the on/off switch, no preview selection. i hope in the k-3 II have "video-off-on-preview"
01-08-2015, 10:03 PM   #44
Veteran Member

It appears that there may be a translucent ring around the OK button in the center of the 4 way control on the back. Perhaps another LED indicator?
01-08-2015, 10:03 PM   #45
Veteran Member

This thing is looking better and better. Hopefully what we see is mostly what we get in the final production model. (or have better ones when it ccomes out!)

QuoteOriginally posted by devorama Quote
It appears that there may be a translucent ring around the OK button in the center of the 4 way control on the back. Perhaps another LED indicator?
Perhaps it glows the same way the KS-1's OK button does