Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2015, 10:06 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
But yes, thank God that we dont see any LEDs around.. wifi led ring is ok.. but THATS IT..
Brace yourself: I think we detected an LED ring on the power switch as well. If it's like the K-S1, it will be green for stills, red for video. Easy to turn off, though.

01-08-2015, 10:12 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks like Pentax is finally walking instead of crawling to catch up. This is great. I'm looking forward to their future offerings (no need to replace my k3 for quite a while).

The camera also looks like it maybe pretty small. And they seem to have moved controls to right side, I wonder if that means the screen has touch control to occupy the left hand.
01-08-2015, 10:12 PM   #48

I really like this camera, fully equiped for the mid-consumer sector, with all the innovations that they're carrying in these late days.
I know mirrorless is rising, but this thing is equipped to combat the Txxxi/D5xxx cameras that are still the amateur's 1st choice.

Hope this one can really make a difference for the Pentax market!
01-08-2015, 10:21 PM   #49
Veteran Member

As long as it's WR the articulating screen is worth it. Going to be a useful second body to my K-5 IIs... or would it become the main body then?

01-08-2015, 10:27 PM   #50

Thanks for sharing. They look cool, a lot better than the K-S1, just a though Pentax, invest on the jpeg engine like with the 645Z
01-08-2015, 10:30 PM - 1 Like   #51

So all the info I could gain out of the two reps I talk with is that is would be placed above the K50 but bellow the K5-II in the line up. Also no price point or launch date they are consider Pre production models without names. The placard says spring 2015 but nothing more.
01-08-2015, 10:33 PM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TechIsCool Quote
So all the info I could gain out of the two reps I talk with is that is would be placed above the K50 but bellow the K5-II in the line up. Also no price point or launch date they are consider Pre production models without names. The placard says spring 2015 but nothing more.
Above the K-50 but below the K-5 II/IIs? Whoa is Pentax going to have a 4-model lineup now?
...but wait the K-50 and II/IIs have been discontinued recently.... anyway, Spring 2015 is not so far away. Seems the reps are under NDA or aren't informed yet too of what these cameras will be. Thanks for asking them!

01-08-2015, 10:37 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
Above the K-50 but below the K-5 II/IIs? Whoa is Pentax going to have a 4-model lineup now?
...but wait the K-50 and II/IIs have been discontinued recently....
Perhaps they ment that yes.. this new camera is the replacement for the K50 ( so is better and so is above K50 )... and below the K5iis.ii because is not ment to be a high end.. its just a really nice entry/mid level camera ..
01-08-2015, 10:44 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

so does it have the KS-1 layout on the back?
01-08-2015, 10:45 PM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
so does it have the KS-1 layout on the back?

NO. layout is almost the same as the K50.. same buttons, but different shapes.
01-08-2015, 10:53 PM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
And they seem to have moved controls to right side, I wonder if that means the screen has touch control to occupy the left hand.
Only the flagship/Pro (magnesium alloy) models have the Mode dial on the left owing to the LCD on the top right. All other models have always have mode dial, rear buttons and 4-way on the right.
01-08-2015, 11:00 PM   #57

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
Spring 2015 is not so far away. Seems the reps are under NDA or aren't informed yet too of what these cameras will be. Thanks for asking them!
The press release says the Spring dates are tentative and goes on to say:

QuoteQuote:
*Note: Model names, designs, specifications, and launch schedules are all tentative and subject to change without notice
Something to keep in mind as these are not even working pre-production models.
01-08-2015, 11:07 PM   #58
Veteran Member

A very nice looking Camera. Hope they have the Gunmetal grey option and a battery grip. Just like K200D.
01-08-2015, 11:07 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote

Something to keep in mind as these are not even working pre-production models.
Are you 100% sure of this?? cuz the 16-85mm was tagged as "Under Engineering" at Photokina and just a couple of months later Ricoh announce the full release... This camera isnt tagged as "Under Engineering" so we can assumed that is ready to use.. but not until CP+ ..
01-08-2015, 11:14 PM   #60

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
It sounds like a lot of folks will like this camera, but trim it down a little, stick a couple LEDs on the front, and it's torches and pitchforks time!
Ha ha ha! Maybe that's what they are covering up with the tape!

I'm thinking this is going to be called the K-S10 or something. The light around the WiFi button, body colors, "carbon fibre" panel on top, WiFi NFC, articulating screen seem to be that "S" class/touch Ricoh talked about. It would be no surprise to me if the buttons on back are back-lit

In terms of model features placing somewhere between the K50 and K5iis? Why not? Ricoh was pretty adamant in saying the K-S1 was above an entry level camera. Although most people place it as an entry level camera (I suspect based more on looks rather than capabilities).