Show Printable Version 74 Likes Search this Thread
01-09-2015, 05:56 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I like it!

01-09-2015, 05:59 AM   #92

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
See the Pentprism housing? See the OVF with dioptre?
..hm, the DSLM with EVF have dioptre too, is possible that in this case is an EVF?
01-09-2015, 06:00 AM   #93

For the first time, I strongly inclined to buy a entry level DSLR.
The white one is beatifull

But have to look up for the complete color options. Since I think will be very dificult to order a customised color scheme for my country, I'll have to wait untill full announcement to know what colors will be available without ordering.

Last edited by sungibr; 01-09-2015 at 06:12 AM.
01-09-2015, 06:09 AM   #94
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rafe Quote
..hm, the DSLM with EVF have dioptre too, is possible that in this case is an EVF?
None that I can see. The hump that houses the pentaprism under the flash looks exactly like every other Pentax DSLR.

01-09-2015, 06:56 AM   #95
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rafe Quote
can this camera might be a new mirrorless K-02?
No. The Pentax UK announcement said DSLR, and the card in front of the camera says 'Digital SLR'. If it was a mirrorless, they would say 'Mirrorless'.

Besides, it's showing up exactly when a K-50 replacement should show up (18-21 months after the K-50 launch).
01-09-2015, 07:07 AM   #96
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Newtophotos Quote
How can you tell?
I didn't know what that logo referred to until someone said it indicated NFC. I didn't know what NFC meant either (National Football Conference didn't seem right) until I googled it: "Near-Field Communication" (some kind of Wi-Fi)
01-09-2015, 07:10 AM   #97

WOW, I think this looks great! Judging by the lack of top screen, it's the consumer-grade SLR and not a K3ii/prosumer camera. I love the huge Pentax logo on the back.

01-09-2015, 07:11 AM   #98
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
I've never heard of or seen a vari-angle screen snapping off. They've been around a long long time in the camcorder world and a number of years on bridge cameras and DSLRs. In fact, Pentax had one on their Optio 750Z a decade ago. The tech is proven,
I bet someone could break the vari-angle screen off quite easily if dropped on the screen.
01-09-2015, 07:11 AM   #99
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Alcazar Quote
Wow that backside looks to me like they gave up usability to accommodate that screen. Buttons are not placed where you can reach them comfortably, but instead, they are shoved to the edge of the camera...? weird layout i think
My first reaction was that it looks kind of thick (front-to-back); perhaps the width (side-to-side) is just less than I expected. A reduction in width would also put the buttons closer. In any case, I really like the articulated LCD!! That would remove one of the few disadvantages it has when compared to the comparable Canikon products.

---------- Post added 01-09-15 at 09:16 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
I bet someone could break the vari-angle screen off quite easily if dropped on the screen.
You can imagine all kinds of accidents. When I first saw an articulated screen (on a Canon my brother brought to a wedding nearly ten years ago), I wondered how long it would last, how many times he could move it around before the contacts failed. He had the same camera at Christmas this past year, so we can say that the technology is well-established, well-accepted, by now.

---------- Post added 01-09-15 at 09:23 AM ----------

Several advantages of an articulating screen:

1. When my brother is taking "casual" pictures, he looks down at his camera in the hope that his targets will think that he is merely fiddling with the controls.

2. When in the position shown in the pictures, the screen is protected from damage when not in use.
01-09-2015, 07:38 AM - 4 Likes   #100
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
Pentax seriously need to re-look at mirrorless market instead of these cosmetic gimmicks if they are looking to increase some market-share.
Articulating screen, Wi-Fi, NFC, compact new kit lens, and whatever presumably new sensor is used are just "cosmetic gimmicks"? You're trying too hard to dislike this camera.

I don't understand why some people even bother with this site.
01-09-2015, 07:42 AM   #101
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DennisH Quote
Articulating screen, Wi-Fi, NFC, compact new kit lens, and whatever presumably new sensor is used are just "cosmetic gimmicks"? You're trying too hard to dislike this camera.

I don't understand why some people even bother with this site.
Where else can they say "Pentax is Doomed!" and get a response?
01-09-2015, 07:56 AM   #102
Pentaxian

If there are no production run problems, this is going to be a very useful and popular camera. I hope Pentax/Ricoh is careful to not cut production costs too closely. I recently read that their last profitability report for the Pentax group -- which was net positive -- was made possible not so much from sales as from efficiency measures. K-5 had an initial sensor stain issue. They rapidly corrected that and all the K-5's were solid thereafter. Some K-3's had the mirror flapping thing (mine did not), but that is fixed and otherwise K-3 is a solid piece of work. I would hate to see this nice upcoming model have a production issue because that's all you will hear about from the land of trolls. If this camera is solid at the end of the assembly line, it's going to be a winner.
01-09-2015, 07:56 AM   #103

If its still white like my beloved K-x & has Pentax in bold letters then that would be a definite buy! (contingent upon its performance of course)
01-09-2015, 08:38 AM   #104
Veteran Member

A little PP.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/284616-news-ces-201...ml#post3110330

Some buttons seems to be missing. Maybe they are under display
01-09-2015, 09:45 AM   #105
Veteran Member

The white one is beautiful. So far I am impressed with these mockups., hopefully we will get some idea on features soon. I can imagine that depending on where these cameras are in the development stage, there maybe features planned for the models that may or may not make it into the production models and there maybe other features that are not included at this point. Regardless it looks like Ricoh maybe finally making their move into bringing their cameras in line with the competition and hopefully providing innovation to move into leadership in new features. Lets hope.