Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 74 Likes Search this Thread
01-09-2015, 07:32 PM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
I like what I see. I'd like it even more if it were mirrorless, but this looks like a step in the right direction.

I'm glad it's not mirrorless. I don't mind EVFs, but I much prefer OVFs, Each to his/her own.

01-09-2015, 07:41 PM   #122

the coms is what?is that k3 coms?
01-10-2015, 05:39 AM   #123
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
It's a trick, when you turn on the lcd screen, it will start with a big RICOH Logo
Just keep the screen with the "Pentax" side on the outside when you turn the camera on.
01-10-2015, 05:48 AM   #124
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zhanlq Quote
the coms is what?is that k3 coms?
All we know so far is that it has Wi-Fi with NFC. I imagine it has USB3, and it may have HDMI, but that may be reserved for the top model.

01-10-2015, 05:54 AM   #125
JPT
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
All we know so far is that it has Wi-Fi with NFC. I imagine it has USB3, and it may have HDMI, but that may be reserved for the top model.
There's a flap on the grip side of the camera that shows the HDMI logo on it. Look at the white camera in the first post of this thread.
01-10-2015, 06:41 AM   #126
Forum Member

HDMI may be simply an output for playback and not the ability to connect an HDMI monitor for recording (would be better for that latter purpose on the other side.)
USB3 would be great and should be standard for every camera released since the standard.
01-10-2015, 10:02 AM   #127
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Pretty clearly this is a mid-level dSLR and not the K-3 replacement. I expect that we will see another dSLR at CP+ in February for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that CP+ is held on the Home Islands.
I can't tell from the pictures, so a question for those who have seen the actual thing: does it appear to be Weather-Resistant??

01-10-2015, 10:08 AM   #128
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I can't tell from the pictures, so a question for those who have seen the actual thing: does it appear to be Weather-Resistant??
I doubt it's easy to tell from the pictures. The K-50 (specially when colored in rainbow hues) doesn't look like it's WR, but it is.
01-10-2015, 12:18 PM   #129
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
There's a flap on the grip side of the camera that shows the HDMI logo on it. Look at the white camera in the first post of this thread.
So it does. I obviously overlooked that image. It shows the USB symbol as well.

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisJowett Quote
HDMI may be simply an output for playback and not the ability to connect an HDMI monitor for recording (would be better for that latter purpose on the other side.)
USB3 would be great and should be standard for every camera released since the standard.
Ever since the K-5, HDMI has been available to connect a monitor in place of the LCD screen, so I'm not sure what you mean by that.
01-10-2015, 01:41 PM   #130

With the large Pentax logo on the back of the new camera and the green stripe on the the new collapsible lens I think Ricoh is saying," Hey Pentax dorks, don't run away!"

I won't.

01-10-2015, 01:45 PM   #131
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeff knight Quote
With the large Pentax logo on the back of the new camera and the green stripe on the the new collapsible lens I think Ricoh is saying," Hey Pentax dorks, don't run away!"

I won't.

Switching threads with your comment?
01-10-2015, 01:45 PM   #132
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeff knight Quote
I won't.
Neither will I. I'm seriously buying one. I wish I could pre-order it right now. :-)

Can't wait for more specs to come out!
01-10-2015, 02:15 PM - 1 Like   #133
Pentaxian

It is a sharp little thing. I hope it comes in green. I kinda want a green camera. Or maybe purple.
01-10-2015, 02:21 PM - 2 Likes   #134
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
It is a sharp little thing. I hope it comes in green. I kinda want a green camera. Or maybe purple.
I've had white... so I might like blue. Especially if it has a fun color on the bottom, like that gray one in the display. It's just vanity, and it's the features and functions I want... but why not get something "pretty", too?

I strive to be both attractive and intelligent, so why shouldn't my camera?
01-10-2015, 02:26 PM   #135
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
Features look VERY reminiscent of the D5XXX...not that it's a bad thing, it is a very fine camera and feature rich.
But a lot of folks claimed WiFi and the tilt-swivel screen were gimmicky. Slap a Pentax on it and all of a sudden it is a winner.
They are fine features, whether for Nikon or, for Pentax. The problem I see overall, is that camera companies don't have much place to go at this point to improve image quality. The only thing to do is to release cameras with more connectivity or, swivel screens. I'm sure I would use a swivel screen occasionally if there was one on my camera -- particularly when I am shooting on a tripod -- but if Pentax releases a K3 II with the only difference being wi fi and a swivel screen, it wouldn't be enough of a difference for me to want to upgrade from a K3.

The problem that Nikon runs into is that they release a new camera and there are still tons of old cameras still available on the market. It has to be tough to sell a D5300, when there are still bunches of D5200s still around and selling for discounted prices.