Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2015, 11:34 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montréal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 74
Samyang/Rokinon 135mm f/2.0 ED Aspherical

Samyang/Rokinon 135mm f/2.0 ED Aspherical full frame lens leaked

Read more on PhotoRumors.com: Photo Rumors

Yes !!!

01-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #2
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 804
Hummm... no autofocus
01-10-2015, 12:10 PM   #3
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,159
Yessss : ) : )
01-10-2015, 12:11 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 2,951
Will not surpass my A*135/1.7

01-10-2015, 12:23 PM   #5
Pentaxian
Na Horuk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Slovenia, probably
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,315
Perfect! Pentax is missing 135mm right now. I'm sure the Samyang, even if MF, will deliver high optical quality. I am just a little surprised it is "only f2.0." In the film era, there were many faster 135mm lenses, with high optical quality. It was the portrait focal length back then
01-10-2015, 12:24 PM   #6
Pentaxian
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,119
No auto anything, not just auto-focus, so why not in K-mount, I wonder?
01-10-2015, 12:29 PM   #7
Pentaxian
Na Horuk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Slovenia, probably
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,315
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
No auto anything, not just auto-focus, so why not in K-mount, I wonder?
Samyang usually makes full frame, manual focus lenses. The K-mount variants have A-setting on aperture ring, so there is some automation. You can choose aperture on the camera, use Av mode, get automatic metering (don't need green button like K and M series lenses) and so on. And with CiF (catch in focus, focus trapping), you get pseudo-AF. And Live view with focus peaking is helpful as well. Its not a completely manual lens like.. um, Mitakon 135mm.
The lens will probably come in k-mount, even if it is not announced right at the beginning. Especially if Pentax actually delivers a FF lens, since the 135mm focal length is typically a FF focal length. Then again, Pentax is missing a 85mm as well
01-10-2015, 12:45 PM   #8
Pentaxian
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,119
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Samyang usually makes full frame, manual focus lenses. The K-mount variants have A-setting on aperture ring, so there is some automation. You can choose aperture on the camera, use Av mode, get automatic metering (don't need green button like K and M series lenses) and so on. And with CiF (catch in focus, focus trapping), you get pseudo-AF. And Live view with focus peaking is helpful as well. Its not a completely manual lens like.. um, Mitakon 135mm.
The lens will probably come in k-mount, even if it is not announced right at the beginning. Especially if Pentax actually delivers a FF lens, since the 135mm focal length is typically a FF focal length. Then again, Pentax is missing a 85mm as well
I imagine you're correct and this lens will eventually come in K-mount. My main point, though, was the evident omission of exposure automation in the Canon mount, as advertised.

01-10-2015, 01:44 PM   #9
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Liverpool, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 12,284
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I imagine you're correct and this lens will eventually come in K-mount. My main point, though, was the evident omission of exposure automation in the Canon mount, as advertised.
No Samyang lens in Canon mount has exposure automation. Canon does not license the EF mount and Samyang jasn't reverse engineered it the way Sigma has.
01-10-2015, 01:48 PM   #10
Pentaxian
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,119
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
No Samyang lens in Canon mount has exposure automation. Canon does not license the EF mount and Samyang jasn't reverse engineered it the way Sigma has.
Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. Either Canonites don't buy many Samyang lenses, or those who do don't care about having manual-only controls.
01-10-2015, 04:12 PM   #11
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sweden
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 290
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Perfect! Pentax is missing 135mm right now. I'm sure the Samyang, even if MF, will deliver high optical quality. I am just a little surprised it is "only f2.0." In the film era, there were many faster 135mm lenses, with high optical quality. It was the portrait focal length back then
Not really, you have the DA*50-135. You can call it a 135 that is a little bigger and have 50-100mm as a bonus.
01-10-2015, 04:12 PM   #12
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 2,777
Large size pictures of the Samyang 135mm f/2 ED AS:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7Ar4vK
01-10-2015, 04:14 PM   #13
Pentaxian
Na Horuk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Slovenia, probably
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,315
QuoteOriginally posted by Bophoto Quote
Not really, you have the DA*50-135. You can call it a 135 that is a little bigger and have 50-100mm as a bonus.
Hm, the 50-135mm is a great lens, certainly, but it is a zoom, and it is f2.8. Lots of people are using it for portraiture, but I would prefer a dedicated prime (like DA*55mm).
f2.0 and f2.8 is also a difference. Though, not as big as one would hope, which is why I am surprised the Samyang is relatively slow

Last edited by Na Horuk; 01-10-2015 at 05:06 PM.
01-10-2015, 04:18 PM   #14
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Liverpool, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 12,284
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. Either Canonites don't buy many Samyang lenses, or those who do don't care about having manual-only controls.
I think most are used for video work. That's why Samyang makes a cine series now.
01-10-2015, 06:03 PM   #15
Pentaxian
JohnBee's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: front of computer
Posts: 4,496
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagala Quote
Samyang/Rokinon 135mm f/2.0 ED Aspherical full frame lens leaked

Read more on PhotoRumors.com: Photo Rumors

Yes !!!
Can't wait to test it on FF.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
135mm, f/2.0, pentax news, pentax rumors, samyang/rokinon
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Samyang/Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 Auto Exposure? lukelbd Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 21 11-17-2016 07:10 PM
Rokinon 16mm F/2.0 for $250 zbrueningsen Pentax Price Watch 12 05-30-2014 02:20 PM
For Sale - Sold: Primes: Samyang 35mm f/1.4 Manual Focus, Vivtar 135mm f/2.8 M42, Revunon 55mm f/1.2 takhyon Sold Items 9 03-16-2014 08:42 PM
Sammy 16mm f/2.0 INF dead stop adjustment Rokinon Bower Samyang digital029art Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 4 03-10-2014 01:04 PM
Samyang 16mm f/2.0 vodanh1982 Pentax News and Rumors 60 08-01-2013 10:16 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:09 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top