Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax
01-26-2015, 02:08 PM   #168
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Pentax
What, now they put Pentax on the back of GR?
01-26-2015, 02:11 PM   #169
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It could be possible.

01-26-2015, 02:14 PM   #170
Pentaxian

I wonder how would the community feel about that.
01-26-2015, 02:34 PM   #171
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Maybe They'll rename the brand Pricoh Or Ritax. Possibilities are endless
01-26-2015, 02:49 PM   #172
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This thread has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

01-26-2015, 03:11 PM   #173
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
Pentax have the mid-level camera to reveal, it was under glass at CES, they might hint at FF coming but I would not expect anything to come of it until at least 12-18months from now if at all, they don't have the lens line up yet, unless they rely on some third paty lenses, there seems to be one from Tamron http://www.camerasdirect.com.au/tamron-sp-24-70mm-f-2-8-di-vc-usd-for-pentax..._store=default It has VC maybe the FF mythical beast will have SR in lens instead of in body, I'm not sure how old that lens is but seemed to pop up on their list where there wasn't one previously. Pentax might have a 70-200 in the works but they need a stack of prime lenses with HD, maybe they will hint at those this year?
What I would definitely hope to expect is some real information on a K-3 successor, some of the new stuff from the mid-level up-commer and prospective K-3 might make it into the FF dev-branch. Expect nothing and what comes will be a treat
I think Pentax/Ricoh already have more arrows in their FF quiver than Sony did when they released a FF camera.
01-26-2015, 03:13 PM   #174
Pentaxian

That's a bad thing to say in this particular thread. Foreshadowing and all that.
01-26-2015, 03:59 PM   #175
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I can understand the skepticism when i look into what have been promised or said earlier years. But all i know now, is what Ricoh/Pentax has told me the last year or so. I have reported to them what i read here As Pentax them self say, its new times now, after Ricoh came in the picture. I like Pentax, i like their plans and visions for the future..THAT was the main reason for me, to agree deal and jump ships.
Kenneth, I would like to ask you one simple question and I'm expecting simple answer: Do you BELIEVE that Pentax will soon come out with fullframe DSLR?

I've heard a few days ago that Pentax "is coming out with full frame" from a guy who is actually my very reliable business partner.
It could be misunderstanding but in one moment when we talked about servicing some lenses he came out with that off-topic statement.
I asked him twice to repeat what he said, but he was very persistant in his statement and talked about that strictly in present tense.
He probably has some kind of business relations with Pentax/Ricoh.
He has 0% interests in Pentax full frame because he is not using Pentax cameras at all.
He is not some internet/forum/rumor kind of guy, his informations are mostly coming from his business relationships.
That's all I know.
01-26-2015, 05:35 PM   #176

Photos: Albums
Hello Kenneth,

Thanks for sharing what you can. I'm not in the market for full frame but I'm hoping when it comes out there'll be a nice trickle down effect of cheap K-5 IIs cameras entering the second hand market. I'll need to get one of those this year.

On another note, I think it would be nice to hear more about your work and why you decided to switch to Pentax and become a brand ambassador, why it suits your style etc. Maybe even an article for the homepage if Adam is up for that.

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Yes, that is me I attached a pic of me at work for Pentax on a norwegian show.
01-26-2015, 05:52 PM   #177

This is all very fascinating... inside information from a heavy metal photographer who has shot some of the greats... Up the Irons! It all seems legit on the surface, but I am, at my core, a skeptical beast. How do we know that you are who you claim to be, kenspo? You seem sincere, and I want to believe, but how do we know you aren't just a troll with an elaborate scheme to hijack the real Kenneth Sporsheim's identity?

Perhaps you can clear this up by sending out a public tweet that acknowledges this thread? It doesn't even have to mention pentaxforums, per se. It can be an unrelated statement with a code word. "Rosebud," perhaps.

Like a great thrash metal artist from one of my favorite home States once said, "We can't go on together... with suspicious minds..."
01-26-2015, 06:07 PM - 2 Likes   #178
mee
Veteran Member

Or we could just wait a couple of weeks and see what Ricoh shows at CP+ instead of trying to badger someone that (if they have information) is not allowed to disclose it and potentially jeopardize their relationship with the company.
01-26-2015, 06:25 PM   #179

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Or we could just wait a couple of weeks and see what Ricoh shows at CP+ instead of trying to badger someone that (if they have information) is not allowed to disclose it and potentially jeopardize their relationship with the company.
Badgering? We don't need no stinking badgering! 😁

I am willing to wait. If politely asking someone who has been dropping bits of what is supposedly "real" insider information for days to confirm their idently is "badgering," then yes. I am guilty. Of badgering, that is.

---------- Post added 01-26-15 at 07:35 PM ----------

To be clear, I don't want kenspo to disclose anything more than what he already has, or to put his relationship with Ricoh in jeopardy. I am 90% certain that he is who he says he is. It's that other 10% that is nagging me.
01-26-2015, 08:15 PM   #180
Veteran Member

Leave poor kenspo alone
Why not try 'badgering' one of the other current Euro K-3 Ambassadors for news?

https://k3.ricoh-imaging.eu/en/index.html