Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2015, 08:22 PM - 1 Like   #181
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Yes, that is me I attached a pic of me at work for Pentax on a norwegian show.

Thanks for the updates Ken. It is helping ease the tension around here.

But...I do have a dumb question... since you had your pic of any Pentax and you are having fun learning to use the K3 in low light at metal concerts... why didn't you ask for a 645z to play with? I know it's a heavy beast to carry, but it could serve double duty for self defense in the mosh pit...just sayin' !

Thanks again,
Eric

01-26-2015, 08:47 PM   #182

Photos: Gallery
Ok ok... if I were completely content to wait to see what is to be announced at CP+, I would not even be scanning these threads, looking for cryptic clues. I doubt many of you would be either ��

---------- Post added 01-26-15 at 09:57 PM ----------

kenspo, my apollogies to you for my abundant skepticism. I will be thrilled when it is shown to be completely unfounded.

Last edited by vZwicky; 01-26-2015 at 09:04 PM.
01-26-2015, 09:25 PM - 4 Likes   #183
Pentaxian

A mathematics teacher told his class on the first day of term "There will be a surprise test during class sometime this term".

Now, the students in the class were pretty sharp. Sitting round that afternoon, Adam reasoned "Well, the test can't be on the last day of term, because if it were, we would get to the end of the second last day and then know for sure it was the next day. So it wouldn't be a surprise." Logical.

Continuing the theme, Vera popped up with "But then, it couldn't be on the second last day, because if we got to the end of the third last day without having been given the test, and knowing it couldn't be on the last day, we would know it must be on the second last day." Again, logical.

Finally, Justin applied the mathematical principle of induction to reason similarly that it couldn't be on the third last day, or the fourth, etc. They therefore concluded that there could be no surprise test, and all relaxed.

One day during the term, the test was given. The students were all mightily surprised.

------------------------

We are all totally convinced that there will be no Pentax FF announcement on any given occasion (using mathematical extrapolation and the ancient science of augury). WE won't be surprised. Ricoh can't fool US.
01-26-2015, 09:36 PM   #184

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
...One day during the term, the test was given. The students were all mightily surprised...
Outstanding.

01-26-2015, 10:36 PM   #185
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Phew! For a minute there, I thought my plan to surprise my students could be figured out....

(winky)
01-26-2015, 11:51 PM   #186
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Leave poor kenspo alone
Why not try 'badgering' one of the other current Euro K-3 Ambassadors for news?

https://k3.ricoh-imaging.eu/en/index.html
I wonder why there isn't a single street photographer... also think there are great sports photogs in the community...
01-27-2015, 12:57 AM - 1 Like   #187
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by banep Quote
Kenneth, I would like to ask you one simple question and I'm expecting simple answer: Do you BELIEVE that Pentax will soon come out with fullframe DSLR?
I dont belive..I KNOW

---------- Post added 01-27-15 at 09:01 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by NotSteve Quote
Hello Kenneth,

Thanks for sharing what you can. I'm not in the market for full frame but I'm hoping when it comes out there'll be a nice trickle down effect of cheap K-5 IIs cameras entering the second hand market. I'll need to get one of those this year.

On another note, I think it would be nice to hear more about your work and why you decided to switch to Pentax and become a brand ambassador, why it suits your style etc. Maybe even an article for the homepage if Adam is up for that.
NP, as i said, i wish i could share more. But i wont risk anything

Been into that mather with Adam. I just havent had the time do to anything about it yet. But i will but in the mean time, i can give you the short story: I liked the way Pentax/Ricoh is thinking, their vision and goals for the future. They think outside the box..perfect! And they treats me like family

---------- Post added 01-27-15 at 09:02 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by vZwicky Quote
To be clear, I don't want kenspo to disclose anything more than what he already has, or to put his relationship with Ricoh in jeopardy. I am 90% certain that he is who he says he is. It's that other 10% that is nagging me.
After earlier experience, i dont blame you for those 10%

---------- Post added 01-27-15 at 09:03 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Leave poor kenspo alone
Hehe..thank you, but it is ok. I see it as a part of my position to answer what i can answer

---------- Post added 01-27-15 at 09:06 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Thanks for the updates Ken. It is helping ease the tension around here.

But...I do have a dumb question... since you had your pic of any Pentax and you are having fun learning to use the K3 in low light at metal concerts... why didn't you ask for a 645z to play with? I know it's a heavy beast to carry, but it could serve double duty for self defense in the mosh pit...just sayin' !

Thanks again,
Eric
Im glad i can be at help 645Z isnt a part on my deal. I have 2 K-3's and all the lenses i feel i need (have testet everyone). BUT Pentax Norway let me use and test the 645Z when i need it. They have put together a demo-room with EVERYTHING Pentax has on the marked, so i can go there and borrow stuff outside what i have in my bags

Last edited by kenspo; 01-27-2015 at 01:07 AM.
01-27-2015, 02:08 AM   #188
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sholtzma Quote
Phew! For a minute there, I thought my plan to surprise my students could be figured out....

(winky)
LOL. Thought so too.
01-27-2015, 03:02 AM   #189

I dont belive..I KNOW

---------- Post added 01-27-15 at 09:01 AM ----------

NP, as i said, i wish i could share more. But i wont risk anything

Been into that mather with Adam. I just havent had the time do to anything about it yet. But i will but in the mean time, i can give you the short story: I liked the way Pentax/Ricoh is thinking, their vision and goals for the future. They think outside the box..perfect! And they treats me like family

---------- Post added 01-27-15 at 09:02 AM ----------

After earlier experience, i dont blame you for those 10%

---------- Post added 01-27-15 at 09:03 AM ----------

Hehe..thank you, but it is ok. I see it as a part of my position to answer what i can answer

---------- Post added 01-27-15 at 09:06 AM ----------

Im glad i can be at help 645Z isnt a part on my deal. I have 2 K-3's and all the lenses i feel i need (have testet everyone). BUT Pentax Norway let me use and test the 645Z when i need it. They have put together a demo-room with EVERYTHING Pentax has on the marked, so i can go there and borrow stuff outside what i have in my bags
Ken, so what is your in return contribution to Pentax after they provide you gears and lenses ?
We have already informants, at least two that I know, who have said Fullframe is coming in February, or at the latest the autumn of this year.
Hope good things come earlier. The competition is really tough, and Pentax can't be late this time.

R
01-27-2015, 03:54 AM   #190
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Pentax doesn't announce a FF, PentaxIsDooomed™
With all my impatient FF Ladies, if no Pentax FF body announced yet again, I fear the "Kerrowdown is Doomed", once they (the Ladies) get hold of me.
01-27-2015, 03:57 AM   #191
Banned

I dont belive..I KNOW

Thank you, I believe that you know but I deliberately used that word because I don't won't you to get fired from such a fine job.
So keep your mouth shut in according to contract details, take a lot of damn good pictures with a new toy and come back here with them after official release.
We'll need some fine samples.
Good luck.
01-27-2015, 04:35 AM   #192
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by afan137 Quote
Ken, so what is your in return contribution to Pentax after they provide you gears and lenses ?
We have already informants, at least two that I know, who have said Fullframe is coming in February, or at the latest the autumn of this year.
Hope good things come earlier. The competition is really tough, and Pentax can't be late this time.

R
I provide pics, i test gear in my job, i report back on things i think is working and not working, what is missing, general opinion on Pentax etc

---------- Post added 01-27-15 at 12:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by banep Quote
Thank you, I believe that you know but I deliberately used that word because I don't won't you to get fired from such a fine job.
So keep your mouth shut in according to contract details, take a lot of damn good pictures with a new toy and come back here with them after official release.
We'll need some fine samples.
Good luck.
I will do when the time is there
01-27-2015, 04:42 AM - 1 Like   #193
Veteran Member

Guys, my sceptometer is about to melt down.
01-27-2015, 04:55 AM - 2 Likes   #194
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I like the cut of your jib kenspo, and I'm really looking forward to the next week or two.

I don't mind shooting a bit of metal myself, all shot with Pentax of course:

Can I have one of those deals too?

Slipknot

Lamb of God

Marilyn Manson

Mastodon
01-27-2015, 05:03 AM   #195
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I like the cut of your jib kenspo, and I'm really looking forward to the next week or two.

I don't mind shooting a bit of metal myself, all shot with Pentax of course:

Can I have one of those deals too?
Hehe, that is not my table but i can pass your name along... Nice pics btw!