Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2015, 08:47 AM   #421
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax/ricoh has been building Pro market already with 645Z and seems like they wan't to grow further. It does not happen over night. And so much antipation and marketing people to be turned around and get on your side from canikon world to have footstep, that no one can just wait everything happening fast. But it is getting there. And I'm happy that Ricoh has taken their time.

I'm really happy with my K-3 and I'd like to have good companion for it for my shooting gigs. K-7 is not enough as second cam. K-3 would be

02-02-2015, 08:49 AM   #422
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I don't want a PRO camera. I don't need a D4 or a 1Dx. I want a prosumer FF. A K-3 FF. That's it. It has to be kind of affordable. If it is a pro then I will wait for it to fail and then buy it for a third of it's launch price . When Pentax makes a pro Camera they haven't been listening to their customers. Did we tell them that we wanted to become pro's? Then we would have moved to Canonikon long ago.
I understand but it is way better to enter the FF market with a splash rather than a "me too" product.
02-02-2015, 08:53 AM   #423
Forum Member

I don't want a PRO camera. I don't need a D4 or a 1Dx. I want a prosumer FF. A K-3 FF. That's it. It has to be kind of affordable. If it is a pro then I will wait for it to fail and then buy it for a third of it's launch price . When Pentax makes a pro Camera they haven't been listening to their customers. Did we tell them that we wanted to become pro's? Then we would have moved to Canonikon long ago.
THIS! Amazingly, believe it or not, shockingly, most people who buy DSLRs are *NOT* pros and will never be pros. k-3 is not a pro camera - it's a high end prosumer camera. I want exactly the same thing - k-3 controls with better AF, and full frame. K-3 controls not because it's like the best in the world, but because it's what I'm used to. Better AF because well, Pentax AF is embarrassingly bad compared to its peers in the same category.

Would be nice to have a flippy screen too..

I don't want a medium-frame, and 99% of the people who's interested in a new camera isn't either. I don't want a D4-ish camera with 5 cpus, 3 batteries, and comes with its own shoulder mount. I want something that makes Pentax uniquely attractive to buyers in the first place - compact, high quality dSLRs, reasonably priced, and available in fuchsia or Hello Kitty theme.
02-02-2015, 09:01 AM   #424
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
They'll probably give you exactly what you want.

Did anyone ever say there would be only ONE FF?
Did anyone ever say it would be an ILC?

02-02-2015, 09:04 AM   #425
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Yassarian Quote
THIS! Amazingly, believe it or not, shockingly, most people who buy DSLRs are *NOT* pros and will never be pros. k-3 is not a pro camera - it's a high end prosumer camera. I want exactly the same thing - k-3 controls with better AF, and full frame. K-3 controls not because it's like the best in the world, but because it's what I'm used to. Better AF because well, Pentax AF is embarrassingly bad compared to its peers in the same category.

Would be nice to have a flippy screen too..

I don't want a medium-frame, and 99% of the people who's interested in a new camera isn't either. I don't want a D4-ish camera with 5 cpus, 3 batteries, and comes with its own shoulder mount. I want something that makes Pentax uniquely attractive to buyers in the first place - compact, high quality dSLRs, reasonably priced, and available in fuchsia or Hello Kitty theme.
OK here I go guessing again. Pentax is not going to release a D4-ish camera. I think what you want will be very close to reality. Just speculating. OK we better stop talking about FF or this thread will be moved to a different part of the forum. How about those big ass lenses. Cant wait to see them. Half of the Pentaxes autofocus problem is in the lenses themselves. I *hope* that these lenses will smoking fast in terms of autofocus speed.
02-02-2015, 09:09 AM - 1 Like   #426

Fascinating how the forum has changed since kenspo arrived with his hints.
Before we were hearing tons of stuff that (selected) Pentaxians would want
After we're hearing tons of stuff that (selected) Pentaxians don't want

kenspo, good man, I hope they're paying you for the crisis PR too...

Can't we just hold on for two days and then talk practical stuff? Wasting time on negativity has never moved society towards improvement...
02-02-2015, 09:15 AM - 4 Likes   #427
Pentaxian

In summary:

IF...
...it's not full frame
...it's not $1500
...it's filled with features that I don't want
...it comes in colors that I don't want or want to be even remotely associated with
...it says RICOH anywhere on the camera
...it was even breathed upon by Mark Newsom

THEN
...I'm going to come here and vent
...I'm going to sell all my Pentax and go where the grass is greener
02-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #428

QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
fascinating how the forum has changed since kenspo arrived with his hints.
Before we were hearing tons of stuff that (selected) pentaxians would want
after we're hearing tons of stuff that (selected) pentaxians don't want

kenspo, good man, i hope they're paying you for the crisis pr too...

Can't we just hold on for two days and then talk practical stuff? Wasting time on negativity has never moved society towards improvement...

+1000

02-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #429
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Yassarian Quote
Yep, K mount FF camera in D750's class, functionality and price range, but more durable and without light leaks will be just fine.
It is also ok to produce two similar bodies with 24mp and 36mp sensors like Sony.
One which is more optimized for speed and the other one optimized for high quality.

---------- Post added 02-02-15 at 05:23 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
Fascinating how the forum has changed since kenspo arrived with his hints.
Before we were hearing tons of stuff that (selected) Pentaxians would want
After we're hearing tons of stuff that (selected) Pentaxians don't want

kenspo, good man, I hope they're paying you for the crisis PR too...
"As a precautionary measure, mental health professionals are being dispatched to Pentax enthusiast websites (both of them) in the days leading up to the CP+2015 and will remain there for several weeks to help members deal with the inevitable disappointment. “It’s odd…they should be used to disappointment by now.” noted a NRS scientist"

NCN

02-02-2015, 09:30 AM   #430
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
OK here I go guessing again. Pentax is not going to release a D4-ish camera. I think what you want will be very close to reality. Just speculating. OK we better stop talking about FF or this thread will be moved to a different part of the forum. How about those big ass lenses. Cant wait to see them. Half of the Pentaxes autofocus problem is in the lenses themselves. I *hope* that these lenses will smoking fast in terms of autofocus speed.
I have the FA Limited, it would be very unfortunate if to get better AF performance I need to get new lens... Not too interested personally in big zooms myself but I can see how that's like a "trophy" lens. Fast lens, fast AF, more accurate locking, weather-proofing, basically - bring the lens performance to inline with what others already offer.

Pentax already has differentiation - good quality, compact, feature-rich cameras, good quality lens, all at reasonable prices. Compared to the K-3 the D7000 is a monster. This, and the quality, compact, relatively affordable primes. These are Pentax's differentiation. Everything else is playing catch-up to the other guys.

(psssttt... this is the "News and *RUMORS*" section, so... I guess we aren't here to talk about practical stuff.
02-02-2015, 09:31 AM   #431
Loyal Site Supporter

This is better than reading the funnies.
02-02-2015, 09:46 AM   #432
Forum Member

tbh, for my needs in the next couple of years the midrange new camera looks fine. But for the health of Pentax as a brand I'd like to see them be more of a presence in the market, though then I guess that would push used lens prices up too.

Damn!!
02-02-2015, 10:07 AM   #433
Veteran Member

This sure is getting interesting now!
Seriously speaking Pentax needs to broaden it's user base, and the only way to grow is upmarket. I have my lens needs pretty well covered but if/when the FF body is launched I probably buy one.
02-02-2015, 10:21 AM   #434
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease?
Pentax is DOOOMMED!
02-02-2015, 10:21 AM   #435
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by shhh Quote
tbh, for my needs in the next couple of years the midrange new camera looks fine. But for the health of Pentax as a brand I'd like to see them be more of a presence in the market, though then I guess that would push used lens prices up too.

Damn!!
Now that you see the train headlight coming, your only choice is to beat the rush and buy lenses like a fiend.

You can simply excuse it as LBA, which is perfectly reasonable behavior.