Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2015, 10:25 AM   #106
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
The LG G3 uses laser autofocus. It's an infra-red laser so invisible and to weak to cause harm.
These were visible spectrum red and rather strong. I have a Sony video camera that used them for its still picture rangefinder component. It uses a grid projection of the lasers and it very intense.

01-25-2015, 03:20 PM   #107
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
photorumors says: There are no specific rumors, but Pentax will most likely introduce new Q camera/lenses and probably new Ricoh compact camera(s).

I think they're clueless
01-25-2015, 03:48 PM   #108
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I think they're clueless
I hope you are right.

Using CP+ just to launch another Q and a few point-and-shoots will make many people very sad.
01-25-2015, 03:58 PM   #109
Site Supporter

I think they're clueless
photorumors or Ricoh?

01-25-2015, 04:02 PM   #110
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
photorumors or Ricoh?

Pentaxforums
01-25-2015, 04:09 PM   #111
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P Quote
Pentaxforums
Ouch........

---------- Post added 01-25-15 at 03:10 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Using CP+ just to launch another Q and a few point-and-shoots will make many people very sad.
I think the word you are looking for is enraged, or maybe ballistic, angry, incensed or outraged. I think we are way past sad.
01-25-2015, 04:54 PM   #112
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
And make many people jump ship if they want FF (if not already done).

I have to say, that the A7, for 800€ second hand or 1000€ new is really tempting. The shutter of the A7 is a tad noisy to me (like my K-x in fact).
01-25-2015, 08:41 PM   #113
JPT
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Ouch........

---------- Post added 01-25-15 at 03:10 PM ----------

I think the word you are looking for is enraged, or maybe ballistic, angry, incensed or outraged. I think we are way past sad.
I think this kind of sentiment would be misplaced. Pentax, Hoya and Ricoh have consistently given the message that APS-C offers the best balance of size, price and performance in digital. They can't be late in delivering, because they never committed to make it in the first place.

I happen to think they will in fact diversify into full frame, but I don't see it as a late delivery of an old commitment. It's a new venture for them.

01-26-2015, 06:35 AM   #114
Pentaxian

If Pentax committed to making one, they should come up with one. As for me, I'll be happy if they give us APS-C enthusiasts better lenses and more competitive APS-C cameras.
01-26-2015, 06:48 AM   #115
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I think this kind of sentiment would be misplaced. Pentax, Hoya and Ricoh have consistently given the message that APS-C offers the best balance of size, price and performance in digital. They can't be late in delivering, because they never committed to make it in the first place.

I happen to think they will in fact diversify into full frame, but I don't see it as a late delivery of an old commitment. It's a new venture for them.
Yes and no (its not new venture for them)...

Consider that Pentax was pretty much the first one to come up with an FF and mirrorless (that one I don't think it was FF) prototype some looooooong time ago, is sad they end up last ones (between major photo brands) to actually come up with any of the two (yes, there were some "hiccups" on the way, but still...).

Sooo... people like me, waiting and hoping for literally years of something that looked like a promise, might get a little frustrated... it gets to you after a while.
01-26-2015, 08:11 AM   #116

If we are to see the FF at CP+ I expect to have leaks within a week or ten days. Personally I do not expect it. Someday but not yet. My hope is for the two new lenses to be revealed and confirmation of the FA limited refresh to come. That could indicate a FF by Christmas, but then, I am not holding my breath.
01-26-2015, 08:15 AM   #117
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rangercarp Quote
If we are to see the FF at CP+ I expect to have leaks within a week or ten days.

Dude, that's Nikon.

*ducks*
01-26-2015, 08:16 AM   #118
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
As for me, I'll be happy if they give us APS-C enthusiasts better lenses and more competitive APS-C cameras.
We already have competitive APS-C cameras. When Canon and Nikon fans start comparing their gear, as long as they stick with APS-C, virtually always I can come up with a Pentax camera that provides better specs at a lower price.
01-26-2015, 08:22 AM   #119
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rangercarp Quote
If we are to see the FF at CP+ I expect to have leaks within a week or ten days. Personally I do not expect it. Someday but not yet. My hope is for the two new lenses to be revealed and confirmation of the FA limited refresh to come. That could indicate a FF by Christmas, but then, I am not holding my breath.
How much do you need? Handwritten note from the president of Pentax? I and some others, that get our information directly from Pentax, have said it will come. I dont like all this negativity. Not long until everyone will get the information im sitting on. So relax! *rant*
01-26-2015, 08:30 AM   #120
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
How much do you need? Handwritten note from the president of Pentax? I and some others, that get our information directly from Pentax, have said it will come. I dont like all this negativity. Not long until everyone will get the information im sitting on. So relax! *rant*
relax indeed, i'm quite happy the way Ricoh is picking things up. I'm here for the long run and not for the greener grass on the other side.