Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2015, 08:30 AM - 1 Like   #121
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
How much do you need? Handwritten note from the president of Pentax? I and some others, that get our information directly from Pentax, have said it will come. I dont like all this negativity. Not long until everyone will get the information im sitting on. So relax! *rant*
You might be right, but no offence, a lot of people listen to these kind of "assurances" for years.
Now is more of a... let's see and wait. But based on the history, a lot of people are disappointed already and fed up. So don't get stressed if a lot of us can't trust your words. You might be right... but a lot spirits are already broken .

01-26-2015, 08:44 AM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's all about managing expectations. Pentax being the little manufacturer who criend FF, expecting zero is the path to being pleasantly surprised. Anyway, normally with to-be-release-cameras, we would have seen some leaked teaser images by now. With the K-3 we were already discussing what magic the extra hump might house. (Again managing expections proved its importance.) It's not going to happen.
01-26-2015, 08:49 AM - 1 Like   #123
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
You might be right, but no offence, a lot of people listen to these kind of "assurances" for years..
I see that point, but im new to Pentax. So what has been said earlier, i really dont think too much about. I am a pro that Pentax picked up from Nikon. That is one of the reasons that they let me know what is going on behind the scenes. Because allready in the first meeting with Pentax, i said that i wanted to know where they wanted to go in the future, their plans, visions etc..I didnt switch just because of tons of free gear. I am very happy with the new vision of Pentax/Ricoh and what is about to come But i can understand the frustration from earlier days..
01-26-2015, 08:55 AM   #124
Veteran Member

I see that point, but im new to Pentax. So what has been said earlier, i really dont think too much about. I am a pro that Pentax picked up from Nikon. That is one of the reasons that they let me know what is going on behind the scenes. Because allready in the first meeting with Pentax, i said that i wanted to know where they wanted to go in the future, their plans, visions etc..I didnt switch just because of tons of free gear. I am very happy with the new vision of Pentax/Ricoh and what is about to come But i can understand the frustration from earlier days..
That is nice to know and see that Ricoh and Pentax is trying to win people over with deals like you have.
I do hope you are right... I truly do, but at this point, based on history, is hard to believe anything until I actually see it coming from Ricoh/Pentax, holding the actual camera and they say is ready for sale this year and not some other prototype that is in plans for the next few years.

01-26-2015, 08:57 AM - 1 Like   #125
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dudes. This year. Sooner even.
01-26-2015, 09:01 AM   #126
Veteran Member

That is nice to know and see that Ricoh and Pentax is trying to win people over with deals like you have.
I do hope you are right... I truly do, but at this point, based on history, is hard to believe anything until I actually see it coming from Ricoh/Pentax, holding the actual camera and they say is ready for sale this year and not some other prototype that is in plans for the next few years.
I wont say too much, since i've been told not too. But 2015 will bring much good stuff from Pentax/Ricoh
01-26-2015, 09:02 AM   #127
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Dudes. This year. Sooner even.
I wont say too much, since i've been told not too. But 2015 will bring much good stuff from Pentax/Ricoh

We have a saying back home... "When you burn your tongue eating hot soup, you blow in your yogurt too" .
But I'm happy to hear that something does happen...

Anyway, for me they are late no matter what and if they do come up with the FF, it will only make me angrier at them to be honest.

Last edited by mrNewt; 01-26-2015 at 09:11 AM.
01-26-2015, 09:09 AM   #128

I believe you, Ken!!!
01-26-2015, 09:14 AM   #129
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fuzzyfelt30 Quote
I believe you, Ken!!!
Hehe...Thank you
01-26-2015, 09:20 AM - 1 Like   #130
Pentaxian

We have a saying back home... "When you burn your tongue eating hot soup, you blow in your yogurt too" .
But I'm happy to hear that something does happen...

Anyway, for me they are late no matter what and if they do come up with the FF, it will only make me angrier at them to be honest.
We also have a saying back home.

Getting angry is double work. You spend time getting angry, and then you have to spend time getting over it.

So you might as well not get angry
01-26-2015, 09:27 AM   #131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
We also have a saying back home.

Getting angry is double work. You spend time getting angry, and then you have to spend time getting over it.

So you might as well not get angry
Most probably I won't actually be (very) angry, I would just laugh at the situation .
01-26-2015, 09:30 AM   #132
Pentaxian

I hope you're right, kenspo, and by the way, nice haircut!
01-26-2015, 09:34 AM   #133
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I hope you're right, kenspo, and by the way, nice haircut!
Haha..thank you..i think
01-26-2015, 09:41 AM   #134
Pentaxian

I've known and read Metal Hammer since the early 90s. So if the FF really arrives this CP+ kenspo, you rock twice
01-26-2015, 09:59 AM   #135
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I think this kind of sentiment would be misplaced. Pentax, Hoya and Ricoh have consistently given the message that APS-C offers the best balance of size, price and performance in digital. They can't be late in delivering, because they never committed to make it in the first place. I happen to think they will in fact diversify into full frame, but I don't see it as a late delivery of an old commitment. It's a new venture for them.
I would agree, my comment was meant in humor, forgot the </joke> tag.

But I do think the FF eco-system is coming. And I think they have held back, years, because they want to have all the pieces in place. Despite all the calls for "FF now" over the last few years, that would not have been successful even a year ago. Just not enough puzzle pieces on the table. Now though, I think we can see things coming together.