Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 211 Likes Search this Thread
01-29-2015, 06:27 PM   #286
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
This is all nonsense. No user knows anything about the products to be released by Ricoh at CP+.
We can only reasonably well suspect that those two mysterious lenses will be finally fully specified and released. And that is all.

Being a pessimist means one is never disappointed.

I'm with you on that.

01-29-2015, 08:00 PM   #287
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Not even that, really. They could show them in the same state as at CES. If hit the street time for FF is fall 2015 then that is all we will see regarding FF. And many will moan and gnash teeth. That is assuming they are actually working on a FF camera
I obviously have no way of knowing but can see them releasing the lenses ahead of a FF camera, assuming a FF camera is coming. Perhaps release the lenses when a FF camera is announced?
01-29-2015, 08:11 PM   #288
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
I obviously have no way of knowing but can see them releasing the lenses ahead of a FF camera, assuming a FF camera is coming. Perhaps release the lenses when a FF camera is announced?
And 'announce' a DFA Pro 24~70 when they 'announce' the FF. And HD D-FA Liimiteds.

In fact 2015-2016 can be one after another after another. Make DPR cover a Pentax announcement and/or release and/or First Take or In Depth every couple weeks. For two years.

Fuji/Oly/Sony who?
01-29-2015, 11:51 PM - 2 Likes   #289
Veteran Member

Anybody else feel like pentax users are the Chicago Cubs fans of the photography world?

01-29-2015, 11:51 PM - 1 Like   #290
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
....unless things don't turn out as badly as one predicted.
01-30-2015, 12:55 AM   #291
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
....unless things don't turn out as badly as one predicted.
Nope, then a pessimist would be pleasantly surprised.
01-30-2015, 01:20 AM   #292
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Nope, then a pessimist would be pleasantly surprised.
Ah, but that's an optimistic pessimist - one who expects the worst but hopes for the best. There are also pessimistic pessimists who expect the worst and hope that it happens.

01-30-2015, 01:33 AM   #293
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
I still prefer getting my head banged against the wall now & then..
01-30-2015, 01:40 AM   #294
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Silence is sometimes the loudest talk.
Yes, and that is what im gonna follow now. I was not planning to appear as a liar or a troll. I just wanted to share something and maybe make people a little excited and happy. I wasnt aware of the history of promised thing, ideas and rumors. I cant see why they would tell me stuff that is not happening, since the info they shared with me, is one of the reasons that got me convinced in the first place..to jump ships..I will have a talk with Pentax later today or on monday, to get updated on what is coming. But i dont think i wanna share more in here. I've told Adam in a private message what i know so far, and i will continue update Adam in coming news they tell me, so he either can confirm my news as legit or bull later.

I am who i say i am. I didnt know about all the skepticism in here, but after some digging, i now know why..and i understand. I can rather discuss details etc later, when everything has been released
01-30-2015, 01:48 AM - 2 Likes   #295
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
Ah, but that's an optimistic pessimist - one who expects the worst but hopes for the best. There are also pessimistic pessimists who expect the worst and hope that it happens.
Hmmm... I fall into the optimistic pessimist category. I tend to hope my negativity attracts positive things. Like a + on a magnet is only attracted to the -. Off course, always expecting the worst makes it seem like it's actually working too.
01-30-2015, 02:52 AM   #296
Veteran Member

My prediction, fall in love with pentax on Valentines day!
Can I have free camera if i'm correct?
01-30-2015, 03:04 AM   #297
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Yes, and that is what im gonna follow now. I was not planning to appear as a liar or a troll. I just wanted to share something and maybe make people a little excited and happy. I wasnt aware of the history of promised thing, ideas and rumors. I cant see why they would tell me stuff that is not happening, since the info they shared with me, is one of the reasons that got me convinced in the first place..to jump ships..I will have a talk with Pentax later today or on monday, to get updated on what is coming. But i dont think i wanna share more in here. I've told Adam in a private message what i know so far, and i will continue update Adam in coming news they tell me, so he either can confirm my news as legit or bull later.

I am who i say i am. I didnt know about all the skepticism in here, but after some digging, i now know why..and i understand. I can rather discuss details etc later, when everything has been released
Many rumors were probably based on facts, but company changed ownership twice for last 7 years which results in at least Inconsistent business strategy and almost constant reorganization during that period. Seems like that reorganization is almost over but we still can't see Ricoh strategy clearly. That's the main problem, not a FF release date. If we take into account only informations from well informed people (outside of this forum) 15 years history of rumors is actually a history of failed, canceled and freezed Pentax projects. At least four of those projects regarding FF DSLR. We can't blame Pentax for that, there is only one major error that they were wilingly made in theirs digital history and everything done lately was coerced as a least harm. Releasing of FF camera will be a powerfull message that company finaly prevail "mother of all errors" and it's back to a right track.
01-30-2015, 03:12 AM   #298
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by banep Quote
Many rumors were probably based on facts
I'm quite sure that wasn't the case. And this site had its contribution - remember the April 1st "joke"?
01-30-2015, 04:00 AM   #299
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I'm quite sure that wasn't the case. And this site had its contribution - remember the April 1st "joke"?
When I said rumours I mean unverified information that I personally heard from my business partners or friends.
As far as I know none of them are member here on this forum.
Don't get me wrong, because I'm only 1+ year on this forum but I rarely read rumors here.
Exception to that is when I see something here that is matching information that I personally got from 99% unrelated source.
Fact is that something about FF DSLR is much seriously than usual is going on in Pentax right now, but I can't verify what and when.
Some official statements about that on CP+ will be appreciate.
01-30-2015, 04:02 AM   #300
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote

I assume that Pentax themselves are very much aware of their position, including the sceptisism amongst their ever thinning userbase. If they really are not aware of that, then their business intelligence department is even worse then their marketing department. Then please remit the PF scepticism, and the causes of it, back towards them.

If they market an FF camera now, it needs to strike a magical home-run.

Last edited by Clavius; 01-30-2015 at 04:20 AM.