Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2015, 08:40 AM   #316
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
We already had someone who was hired to be a Pentax man coming in here and saying it's coming... I mean - what else do you need?
An announcement, spec sheet, pricing, and estimated time of availability from Pentax/Ricoh would be nice.

01-30-2015, 08:53 AM - 2 Likes   #317
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Yes, and that is what im gonna follow now. I was not planning to appear as a liar or a troll. I just wanted to share something and maybe make people a little excited and happy. I wasnt aware of the history of promised thing, ideas and rumors. I cant see why they would tell me stuff that is not happening, since the info they shared with me, is one of the reasons that got me convinced in the first place..to jump ships..I will have a talk with Pentax later today or on monday, to get updated on what is coming. But i dont think i wanna share more in here. I've told Adam in a private message what i know so far, and i will continue update Adam in coming news they tell me, so he either can confirm my news as legit or bull later. I am who i say i am. I didnt know about all the skepticism in here, but after some digging, i now know why..and i understand. I can rather discuss details etc later, when everything has been released
I think that is wise. So instead of hinting at things better not talked about perhaps you can tell more about being the Pentax ambassador program? How it helps you with your work, what you do in exchange? The program was announced awhile ago, but at least in the US not much mention of it since then. Is it more noticeable in Europe?
01-30-2015, 09:01 AM   #318
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, and that is what im gonna follow now. I was not planning to appear as a liar or a troll. I just wanted to share something and maybe make people a little excited and happy. I wasnt aware of the history of promised thing, ideas and rumors. I cant see why they would tell me stuff that is not happening, since the info they shared with me, is one of the reasons that got me convinced in the first place..to jump ships..I will have a talk with Pentax later today or on monday, to get updated on what is coming. But i dont think i wanna share more in here. I've told Adam in a private message what i know so far, and i will continue update Adam in coming news they tell me, so he either can confirm my news as legit or bull later.

I am who i say i am. I didnt know about all the skepticism in here, but after some digging, i now know why..and i understand. I can rather discuss details etc later, when everything has been released
Thank you for your enthusiasm and excitement and for sharing with us. It's a shame that we can't all be as happy as you and not skeptical, downright hostile or - really - concerned for you and your relationship with Ricoh under your (presumed) NDA.

But - that's just the way it is.
01-30-2015, 09:32 AM   #319
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I think that is wise. So instead of hinting at things better not talked about perhaps you can tell more about being the Pentax ambassador program? How it helps you with your work, what you do in exchange? The program was announced awhile ago, but at least in the US not much mention of it since then. Is it more noticeable in Europe?
Sorry to butt in, but FWIW there is a pretty active FB page here in the UK with regular updates from the local ambassadors and product news items together with an application page to become an ambassador yourself - see here: https://www.facebook.com/RicohImagingUK

Maybe other countries have something similar? Though I've not found an FB page for the USA after an admittedly fairly cursory search.

The FB page here is also used for competitions with the prize of a good camera - nice idea, imho.

01-30-2015, 09:41 AM   #320
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My prediction is; a K mount FF with interchangeable sensor backs and tilting screen options. Announced at CP+, deliveries starting Q4 2015.

Just to put more heat below the pot ;-D
01-30-2015, 10:26 AM   #321
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reytor Quote
My prediction is; a K mount FF with interchangeable sensor backs interchangeable fronts and tilting screen options. Announced at CP+, deliveries starting Q4 2015.

Just to put more heat below the pot ;-D
Want a mirror? - Sure, here's the interchangeable front.

Want a different VF? Sure - here's a different front.

Want an EVF and no mirror and a skinny body and an adapter? - Sure, here's the front.

Next year - Want the new Sensor? Sure, here's a new back.
01-30-2015, 10:31 AM   #322

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Thank you for your enthusiasm and excitement and for sharing with us. It's a shame that we can't all be as happy as you and not skeptical, downright hostile or - really - concerned for you and your relationship with Ricoh under your (presumed) NDA.

But - that's just the way it is.
Yes, I think Kenspo need to make advanced searching in this forum, then typing "asahi man" to search the post history.
We have heard fullframe is coming 2015, and it has been said repeatedly. CP+ is coming very soon, and we are anxious what pentax will bring on the show. The one and only mystical pentax fullframe is what has been highly anticipated. So to understand the situation, say something significant, or better be silent till the CP+ is over. We will know eventually, teasing us with cryptic informations will make some of us grumpy.

2 weeks to go !!!

01-30-2015, 10:50 AM   #323
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
Sorry to butt in, but FWIW there is a pretty active FB page here in the UK with regular updates from the local ambassadors and product news items together with an application page to become an ambassador yourself - see here: https://www.facebook.com/RicohImagingUK
Not butting in at all. I am really interested in this program but it seems to not exist in the US. Weird but then Pentax USA seems to have a strange way of doing many things. Thought maybe it was available here and I just missed it.
01-30-2015, 10:52 AM   #324
Veteran Member

Want an EVF and no mirror and a skinny body and an adapter? - Sure, here's the front.

Modular design... I like that!!!
01-30-2015, 11:13 AM   #325
Veteran Member

It's a cool idea.
A different back for those that want the tilt-swivel, touch screen, and another that is bare-bones. One that is really lightweight plastic and another that is real heavy duty.

I know, I know, there would be all the manufacturing costs, and other costs...I was just dreamin
01-30-2015, 11:32 AM - 1 Like   #326
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
It's a cool idea.
Kind of an evolution of the GXR, huh?
01-30-2015, 01:14 PM   #327
Pentaxian

I was going to say, it's very Ricoh-like and not very Pentax (well, if you consider the 67 then it is).

The problem is that the GXR wasn't exactly successful.
01-30-2015, 01:27 PM - 3 Likes   #328
Veteran Member

Yes, and that is what im gonna follow now. I was not planning to appear as a liar or a troll. I just wanted to share something and maybe make people a little excited and happy. I wasnt aware of the history of promised thing, ideas and rumors. I cant see why they would tell me stuff that is not happening, since the info they shared with me, is one of the reasons that got me convinced in the first place..to jump ships..I will have a talk with Pentax later today or on monday, to get updated on what is coming. But i dont think i wanna share more in here. I've told Adam in a private message what i know so far, and i will continue update Adam in coming news they tell me, so he either can confirm my news as legit or bull later.

I am who i say i am. I didnt know about all the skepticism in here, but after some digging, i now know why..and i understand. I can rather discuss details etc later, when everything has been released
As a long-time lurker of this sub-forum, I just want to say that I appreciate your enthusiasm and your willingness to share it with us. On behalf of the silent majority (minority? Just me?) who come to read all this for a hopeful glimpse of the future and don't want to post and get involved in all the discussion, thank you for sharing your confidence in the future.
01-30-2015, 01:38 PM   #329
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the 5ds and 5ds r leaks are out, i wonder how pentax will fare amongst them?
01-30-2015, 01:47 PM   #330
Veteran Member

Kind of an evolution of the GXR, huh?
The GXR is dead. Long live the GXR!