Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
01-19-2015, 04:28 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Ricoh said in the last interview - no GR with zoom...
but in the interview before they said that they were considering zoom GR, so that proves that new 18-50 lens is from GR R&D...

---------- Post added 01-20-15 at 01:32 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
Let me clarify. In my experience dealing with secrets, they're limited to a known pool of people so that if they're leaked without permission there's a small pool of people to investigate. It doesn't matter if YOU protect your sources if the source can be traced backward from within. All I'm saying is that sharing a "secret" your "source" shared with you, if true, is grossly irresponsible and not something a good friend should do. Unless, of course, your source told you to leak it.
nothing was said in details, it’s a rumor even between employees, no one can connect me to that person

01-19-2015, 04:36 PM   #47

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
Ricoh/Pentax has a marketing organization? I thought that was left to Adam and the Forum!

01-19-2015, 07:20 PM - 1 Like   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
Ricoh/Pentax has a marketing organization? I thought that was left to Adam and the Forum!
There, corrected it!

Some parts of the forum endlessly bickers against Pentax/Ricoh, and incessantly insists on Pentax producing exact replicas of Sony products.
01-19-2015, 07:26 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Remeber this camera could be very centric to Japaneses customer who like novelty.

01-19-2015, 09:47 PM   #50

If it is going to be FF, then it might be a bit bigger and I think it would be a 28mm or 40mm prime. It would not be hard for them to just slap in the same sensor as the K3 and make it a zoom either. Price range would probably be around 1.3 to 1.6K for the FF though.
01-20-2015, 02:36 AM   #51
Zav
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
A FF GR would be cool...but let's not forget what the GR is: A camera that is supposed to be able to fit in your pocket and go anywhere.
The RX1 is not at all a pocketable camera. Sure you can make the lens slower to keep the size down, but then you are limiting it's utility and making it a good light camera as opposed to a go-anywhere camera.
Exactly, I don't really care about the size of the sensor in the GR as long as it fits in my pocket and the result of the couple lens-sensor is fantastic.
01-20-2015, 02:39 AM   #52
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
It might be the camera to put in your pocket at times when it is not appropriate to have all the gear with you.
For me not over 500 euro then. For others it maybe can be more expensive.

01-20-2015, 03:26 AM   #53
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
A FF GR would be cool...but let's not forget what the GR is: A camera that is supposed to be able to fit in your pocket and go anywhere.
The RX1 is not at all a pocketable camera. .
If Ricoh could produce small fixed lens like 40 XS and the compact body like RX1....It could be real to be pocketable.

---------- Post added 01-20-2015 at 03:27 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Did I talk about GXR?

GX is small compact? Really? Thought it was a dslr... What is a GR then if not a small compact?
GX is small compact with SMALL sensor.

---------- Post added 01-20-2015 at 03:29 AM ----------

GR is compact camera with APS-C sensor now.
01-20-2015, 03:37 AM   #54

The probability of a FF GR is very high - I think. Question is,would it show up this year?
01-20-2015, 03:56 AM   #55

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Interesting if true, but I wonder if they could keep the cost and size down to acceptable levels. If the GR no longer fits in your pocket, it loses a lot of its appeal. I personally think that there are a lot of other useful things they could do to improve the GR, such as reintroduce SR, reintroduce PDAF, add WR to keep the dust off that sensor, improve battery life, even give it dual card slots for photojournalists who can't afford to lose a shot. There's no denying that FF is a huge selling point at the moment, but the GR is about catching the moment, not ultimate image quality.
Man! Pretty exactly what I was thinking! Keeping the size down and squeezing in SR, WR and hybrid focusing, that would make an awsome camera!

But, I guess from a marketing view, a FF compact would make a bigger impact.
01-20-2015, 04:10 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DanGleabols Quote
Man! Pretty exactly what I was thinking! Keeping the size down and squeezing in SR, WR and hybrid focusing, that would make an awsome camera!

But, I guess from a marketing view, a FF compact would make a bigger impact.
no SR in small body, just look at sony A7II, it twice bigger than it’s predecessor
01-20-2015, 04:38 AM   #57
Pentaxian

If Ricoh could produce small fixed lens like 40 XS and the compact body like RX1....It could be real to be pocketable.

---------- Post added 01-20-2015 at 03:27 AM ----------

GX is small compact with SMALL sensor.

---------- Post added 01-20-2015 at 03:29 AM ----------

GR is compact camera with APS-C sensor now.
Soo? Gx has only been digital AFAIK and it had the same sensor size as the GRs of that time.
So think more than two seconds and try to find something real.
01-20-2015, 04:46 AM   #58
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Soo? Gx has only been digital AFAIK and it had the same sensor size as the GRs of that time.
So think more than two seconds and try to find something real.
I don't understand what you mean.
You said that GX was DSLR.

GX is small camera with small sensor. GR was film camera, digital compact camera with small sensor and camera with APS-C sensor.
The standart for new GR is APS-C sensor now.

To make FF GX is unreal if we talk about camera size. What is the main idea of your words?

Last edited by ogl; 01-20-2015 at 04:58 AM.
01-20-2015, 04:57 AM - 1 Like   #59
Veteran Member

GR is a small camera in a classic line of cameras with 28mm and snap focus, all key selling points for street/urban, esp. snap focus. FF with longer lens might be far off this so problematic. Nothing to stop Ricoh updating the classic GR in this tradition but extending the brand with an additional, slightly different model. They did zoom-lens travel compacts in the recent past, nb. Just thoughts.
01-20-2015, 06:53 AM   #60
Pentaxian

I don't understand what you mean.
You said that GX was DSLR.
Geeez, that was irony, Ogl.
Of course Ricoh GX was small compact cam, so was the GR at that time, so what?