Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2008, 03:41 AM   #226
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by montecarlo Quote
two lenses and three cameras bodies - KX000D, K20D Super, and KXD.

09-15-2008, 04:29 AM   #227
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by montecarlo Quote
The two blinked models are already known, remains the shadowy one.....
Therefore I predict something new the size of a K20D, which could only mean K20D super....

QuoteOriginally posted by Richard Day Quote
This thread is now worse than anything on DPR, more speculation and handwringing than ever!

I don't believe Pentax will release any details of new items until the day before Photokina (22 Sept) and that many peoples expectations may well be dashed, and a bit of a dissapointment to some. I may be wrong, but I just have this gut feeling.
Well see my reply above, I agree.
But it won't make much to dissapoint the majority of "what to expect" posters
Even with two new dslr's they won't be happy as (I have counted the expected models) as there should be at least
K20D super
KxD
K30D
Kx000D
Especially the latter will be a major disspointment as everybody wants at least one of the more advanced features on the "low specced" body and missing anyone of those (like SR, sealing, programme mode, green button) will cause many "doom, it's a failure before launch" post. Even the reviewers will not comment of what it can do but only on what it can't.
While the new camera probably is aimed at the masses, to start getting aquainted with dslr photography, "we"seem to expect a fully pro-like but downspecced camera, to be used as a back up by us, and not for beginners.

So maybe, just maybe, Pentax plays is smart and forgets about the "basic dslr"idea..

Oh, I forgot, I mentioned three expected models. There are hints that more is expected by us posters:
The 645D (altough probably skipped in favour of 67IID)
And a new line , the Lx0D, or Mx0D.
Basically, if Pentax comes with less than 3 dslr bodies, I expect a surge in negative posts
09-15-2008, 04:42 AM   #228
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The new low-end model has at least 3 unique features for Pentax digital era.
Not big, not revolutionary, but NICE.

Your stakes, Sirs!!!
Hm, three unique features for digital era...
1. No viewfinder... eh, wait. That is already happening. Now I know:
No LCD-panel at the back! This is to avoid disturbing the users with too much information. Without a LCD-screen, the photographer can now concentrate on the subject instead of watching the screen all the time. (this also saves batteries).

2. No socket för memory card. Instead, it uses Bluetooth for wireless transmission to storage on portable devices, such as mobile phones, laptops etc. Camera comes with built in 1Gb flash memory.

3. male/female auto portrait mode. When photographing a female, the portrait mode automatically softens the image a little bit to create a more classic portrait shot and also making wrinkles less noticeable.

Not big, not reviolutionary, but nice!
09-15-2008, 04:59 AM   #229
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
Therefore I predict something new the size of a K20D, which could only mean K20D super....

So maybe, just maybe, Pentax plays is smart and forgets about the "basic dslr"idea..
Janneman,

IMO Nikon is were it is today more likely because of D40/D40X than D3 or even D300. They had a whole year to sell those little ones in millions before launching the D3/300. Sony advances fast because of A200. All those are entry levels done right from the target buyers perspective. Of course for us these are toys yet for many new users there are all they need to advance into DSLR world. And more often than not the system you enter is the system you'll stay.
IMO Pentax needs an entry level camera done right just as bad as a higher end one. If they do so then they'll have two not very expensive cameras with different price/features/size to appeal a broader mass of consumers.

Radu

09-15-2008, 05:01 AM   #230
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote

3. male/female auto portrait mode. When photographing a female, the portrait mode automatically softens the image a little bit to create a more classic portrait shot and also making wrinkles less noticeable.

Not only that, but it has a fisheye filter (giving normal images a fisheye look) so the ladies will look more voluptous.
Not big , not revolutionary, but nice
09-15-2008, 05:03 AM   #231
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote

Well see my reply above, I agree.
But it won't make much to dissapoint the majority of "what to expect" posters
Even with two new dslr's they won't be happy as (I have counted the expected models) as there should be at least
K20D super
KxD
K30D
Kx000D
Especially the latter will be a major disspointment as everybody wants at least one of the more advanced features on the "low specced" body and missing anyone of those (like SR, sealing, programme mode, green button) will cause many "doom, it's a failure before launch" post. Even the reviewers will not comment of what it can do but only on what it can't.
While the new camera probably is aimed at the masses, to start getting aquainted with dslr photography, "we"seem to expect a fully pro-like but downspecced camera, to be used as a back up by us, and not for beginners.

Oh, I forgot, I mentioned three expected models. There are hints that more is expected by us posters:
The 645D (altough probably skipped in favour of 67IID)
And a new line , the Lx0D, or Mx0D.
Basically, if Pentax comes with less than 3 dslr bodies, I expect a surge in negative posts
Dang, I forgot various APS and FF options of all the above mentioned.
09-15-2008, 05:37 AM   #232
Veteran Member

2 new lenses most likely will be DA*55/1.4 and DA*60-250/4

09-15-2008, 05:58 AM   #233
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
Hm, three unique features for digital era...
1. No viewfinder... eh, wait. That is already happening. Now I know:
No LCD-panel at the back! This is to avoid disturbing the users with too much information. Without a LCD-screen, the photographer can now concentrate on the subject instead of watching the screen all the time. (this also saves batteries).

2. No socket för memory card. Instead, it uses Bluetooth for wireless transmission to storage on portable devices, such as mobile phones, laptops etc. Camera comes with built in 1Gb flash memory.

It will be classical camera.
I said for "Pentax digital era". Not for all brands.
09-15-2008, 06:00 AM   #234
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ddhytz Quote
They will be in shops close to X-mas. I hope.
09-15-2008, 07:07 AM   #235

They will be in shops close to X-mas. I hope.
Well according to an online reseller in sweden the 60-250 will be availble in mid januari, hopfully...
09-15-2008, 07:20 AM   #236
Inactive Account

It will be classical camera.
I said for "Pentax digital era". Not for all brands.
Well than seems to be a different class or... I don't know how to name it. I mean not a less equipped K200D but a slightly different concept.

60-250 was announced on the last Photokina 2006. Three new Pentax DA star lenses: Digital Photography Review
09-15-2008, 10:22 AM   #237
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ddhytz Quote
The leftmost of those lenses looks an awful lot like a limited lens, so I'm guessing the DA Limited 15mm. The other lens has green accents, not gold, so it looks like it is a DA, and not DA*, lens.

Will