Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2008, 04:17 AM   #106
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sure we can say what we need, but who are we to say what Pentax needs?

I trust Pentax can take care of them selves.

07-16-2008, 04:33 AM   #107

The oracle has spoken:
"645D will be the september 11, for the competitors of Pentax".
That's the message, isn''t it?

Pardon me, but LOL.

No disrespect intended towards the victims.
07-17-2008, 01:37 AM   #108
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Pentax doesn't need a 645D!

They need a flagship model that can go head-to-head with the big guns.
No, they'll be destroyed if they do this. They can simply NOT compete.
07-17-2008, 01:41 AM   #109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
No, they'll be destroyed if they do this. They can simply NOT compete.
They could if they tried really really hard!

I'm all for a pro body Pentax!

07-17-2008, 01:52 AM   #110
Banned

if wendyB was really under NDA she could never give hints such as those, I think shes is full of shit to be quite honest. I could end up being wrong but I doubt it.
07-17-2008, 02:13 AM   #111
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
They could if they tried really really hard!

I'm all for a pro body Pentax!
I understand that pretty well beleive me.

They can compete with 5D/D700/D300 kind of camera, but they simply do NOT (currently) have the development/money power to market a killer AF (e.g. Canon), killer fps (e.g. Canon), killer flash system (e.g. Nikon).

They can compete (IMO) with anything 'pro' or marketed as such from Oly/Sony.
The E3 shouldn't be that hard to beat but they need to speed up their lens line to follow the bodies.
07-17-2008, 05:43 AM   #112
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
if wendyB was really under NDA she could never give hints such as those, I think shes is full of shit to be quite honest. I could end up being wrong but I doubt it.
Well,

The WB myth was thoroghly debunked but for those who may need further clarification I sugest two of her (her? Is she really a woman, my guess would be a bored kid ) threads with "predictions on the K20D".

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/18471-just-thought-take-heart.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-talk/17347-s-official-k-h-d.html

Enough attention awarded to this ... (I lack a politically correct epithet).

Bye,
Radu
07-17-2008, 06:04 AM   #113
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Matjazz Quote

Exactly!

07-17-2008, 07:16 AM   #114
RaduA

I fully agree and my confidence comes from the new Hoya management and marketing plans and the aboundance of ressources available now. It's my opinion that Hoya wants to grow Pentax' market share to sell more and more lenses. And without any dissrespect I think the new plans are more viable and realistic than whatever the "old Pentax" acted in the recent past.

Radu
07-17-2008, 08:10 AM   #115
Veteran Member

I don't like being the naysayer on this thread but I am not optimistic at all. From a marketing prospective there has been no enlightened developments for a very long time. Their latest ad on dprewiew is a link to the discount which is contrary to Ned's last interview. It is also a turnaround from what they said at the beginning of the year. The new distribution policy in the states is going to cost them a lot of sales. The way I see it is there is no long term commitment to a plan. Hope I'm wrong but am not seeing anything change my opinion.

Ken
07-17-2008, 09:15 AM   #116
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
Well,

The WB myth was thoroghly debunked but for those who may need further clarification I sugest two of her (her? Is she really a woman, my guess would be a bored kid ) threads with "predictions on the K20D".Radu

Huh???
She says the K20D is 14mp and produce clean images. Seem correct to me:ugh:. Not even Nostradamus could have done better .
It is noteworthy that she said early this year that the FF Pentax will come in September. Now Benjamin K says the same thing....
Oh I think she a woman. She is probably the same Wendy B that frequented the PDML list years ago....

Last edited by Pål Jensen; 07-17-2008 at 09:29 AM.
07-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #117
Veteran Member

WendyB

Oh boy, does this never stop?

WendyB introduced herself here as "Wendy Bradley" from Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan, USA. There is only one such person (Wendy Wright Bradley), being in her 50ies (not 30ies as stated in her profile, but still in line with her no.years experience with Pentax)

So, can anybody from the States give her a ring and verify it is not her posting here? Thank You.

Last edited by falconeye; 07-17-2008 at 10:02 AM.
07-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #118
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Huh???
She says the K20D is 14mp and produce clean images. Seem correct to me:ugh:. Not even Nostradamus could have done better .
It is noteworthy that she said early this year that the FF Pentax will come in September. Now Benjamin K says the same thing....
Oh I think she a woman. She is probably the same Wendy B that frequented the PDML list years ago....
Pål,

I apreciate your reply even though it's unrelated to some technical issues I asked you about some time ago. I knew for a fact that K20D is 14 Mp in november 07 as many others did. And if you remember correctly Chris had an essay about K20D ready at the moment that NDA lifted, and Ben was showing pics with the camera and DA 35 Macro at the same time. That means in my book credibility not some mumbo jumbo about beta testing for Pentax and being part time nurse and part time Jane Bond.
So, pls give me a break about Nostradamus and s*it and feel free to indulge yourself in any thoughts make you feel better.
Unfortunatelly for you the september will come and go and all you'll see will be only the new "baby" Pentax.

Radu
07-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #119
Pentaxian

Unfortunatelly for you the september will come and go and all you'll see will be only the new "baby" Pentax.

In interviews Hoya have said that they will release two more DSLR's this year. Do you think they will introduce the baby Pentax twice?
07-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #120
Pentaxian

Pål,

I apreciate your reply even though it's unrelated to some technical issues I asked you about some time ago. I knew for a fact that K20D is 14 Mp in november 07 as many others did. And if you remember correctly Chris had an essay about K20D ready at the moment that NDA lifted, and Ben was showing pics with the camera and DA 35 Macro at the same time. That means in my book credibility not some mumbo jumbo about beta testing for Pentax and being part time nurse and part time Jane Bond.
So, pls give me a break about Nostradamus and s*it and feel free to indulge yourself in any thoughts make you feel better.

I really don't care about part time nurse or Jane Bond. Nor do I mind the obtuse mumblings. Anyway, I haven't seen anyting from Wendy that discredit her credibility. People are credible in my book until proven otherwise. Nor do I see what reason Benjamin K have for deliberately leaking false information. I have dealt with the rumor mill for over a decade now and never have the rumors been more consistent than now from a variety of credible sources.
We will know soon enough. If the rumors are just mumbo jumbo then more than one person will loose they credibility for good. I suggest waiting with the judgement until we know the facts. And for the record, I don't know the facts.