Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2015, 06:01 AM - 1 Like   #331
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,958
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Your impressions of the lens?
How does it compare, for example, to the Nikon 70-200's?
I can do a proper feedback with pictures sometime this weekend. I need to check what i can say/share etc first. I have a meeting with Ricoh tomorrow Will use it at concerts next week.

03-25-2015, 07:02 AM   #332
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nelson B.C.
Posts: 3,267
Kenspo, thanks for this.
03-25-2015, 07:26 AM   #333
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,958
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Kenspo, thanks for this.
Pleasure is mine. Its what they signed me for
03-25-2015, 08:27 AM - 1 Like   #334
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,797
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I can do a proper feedback with pictures sometime this weekend. I need to check what i can say/share etc first. I have a meeting with Ricoh tomorrow Will use it at concerts next week.
That would be awesome. I'm on the fence about pre-ordering. I would love to see how it performs at 200mm F/2.8. I'm either going to buy the Sony FE 70-200 F/4 for my A7II or the Pentax 70-200mm F/2.8 for my K-3 and the new FF that is on the way. But if the lens isn't really good at F/2.8 then I might as well just buy the F/4 Sony for my other system.

If you are going to be shooting concerts I would love to see some tight head shots at F/2.8. Bokeh, sharpness, micro-contrast, color (skin tones) and of course AF speed.

03-25-2015, 08:38 AM - 3 Likes   #335
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,958
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
That would be awesome. I'm on the fence about pre-ordering. I would love to see how it performs at 200mm F/2.8. I'm either going to buy the Sony FE 70-200 F/4 for my A7II or the Pentax 70-200mm F/2.8 for my K-3 and the new FF that is on the way. But if the lens isn't really good at F/2.8 then I might as well just buy the F/4 Sony for my other system.

If you are going to be shooting concerts I would love to see some tight head shots at F/2.8. Bokeh, sharpness, micro-contrast, color (skin tones) and of course AF speed.
remember its a pre-product this lense, but i will test it good in concerts/low light in all blenders and zoom ranges
03-25-2015, 10:57 AM   #336
Pentaxiste
DimC's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Paris
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 423
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
remember its a pre-product this lense, but i will test it good in concerts/low light in all blenders and zoom ranges
Great news Kenspo !
Looking forward to your pics.
03-26-2015, 02:23 AM   #337
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 252
Thanks Kenspro !
Do you know someone who has the 150-450 ??
03-26-2015, 04:40 AM   #338
Loyal Site Supporter
dadipentak's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 10,406
QuoteOriginally posted by discharged Quote
4. the new full frame camera will not have built in SR
Seriously? You think this is a possibility? Seems to me dropping in-body stabilization would be an awesomely stupid move.

03-26-2015, 05:13 AM   #339
Pentaxian
Clavius's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: De Klundert
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,122
Was this posted somewhere already? I noticed some presale prices for the new lenses: HD DFA 70-200 at 2455 USD and HD DFA 150-450 at 2690 USD. I'm so glad I have a cheap shooting style that leans heavily towards wide angles to normals.
03-26-2015, 05:33 AM   #340
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 9,336
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Seriously? You think this is a possibility? Seems to me dropping in-body stabilization would be an awesomely stupid move.
Since then the lens was announced - and it obviously doesn't have in-lens SR; neither does the 150-450. Guess why

IMO discharged wanted to enumerate "all" theoretical possibilities, regardless of what he believed to be likely - but perhaps ordering them. And he put on the 1st place "the new lenses kick the old lenses back to the stoneage".
03-26-2015, 07:36 AM   #341
Site Supporter
WillWeaverRVA's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Midlothian, VA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 482
QuoteOriginally posted by timautin Quote
Hi,

As seen in the 150-450 thread, Ricoh released an iOS app with some sample images taken with the 150-450 and the 70-200.
Luckily this app is a webapp and we can use it in a web browser :
The link for the 150-450
The link for the 70-200

And here are the pictures from the 70-200 :
Some of those snowmobile shots are really, really sharp. Yeah, I'm excited.

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Seriously? You think this is a possibility? Seems to me dropping in-body stabilization would be an awesomely stupid move.
I highly doubt they're dropping in-body SR from the FF camera. The mockup even clearly has a space for the SR badge.
03-26-2015, 08:14 AM   #342
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Manila
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,190
The upcoming FF cannot lose SR. It would be funny if the new pixel-shift tech Ricoh's working on doesn't make it to the FF, which requires SR.
03-26-2015, 08:19 AM   #343
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,958
QuoteOriginally posted by timautin Quote
Thanks Kenspro !
Do you know someone who has the 150-450 ??
Me! I have that one too I dont have any use for it, but agreed to test it good during the easter holliday. Since so many pentaxians ask for it
03-26-2015, 08:23 AM   #344
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hoevelaken
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Me! I have that one too I dont have any use for it, but agreed to test it good during the easter holliday. Since so many pentaxians ask for it
well, you can always drop that one of here in Holland, i can test it for you
03-26-2015, 08:37 AM - 1 Like   #345
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,958
The 70-200 on the K-3. Its a MONSTER! Ways a lot, superfast AF and sharp as hell!
Attached Images
 
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
100mm, 70-200mm, 70-200mm f2.8, couple, dfa, f/2.8, f2.8, fa, fa*80-200/2.8, front element, hd, hd pentax-d fa, holland, lens, lenses, macro, models, mounts, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, pentax-d, rings, shots, sigma, smc, sony, star, wr
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Pentax D-FA 100mm f2.8 Macro WR & DA* 200mm F2.8 ED [IF] SDM jurysi Sold Items 11 09-17-2012 05:27 PM
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM vs Pentax FA* 80-200mm F2.8? vectrln Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 07-27-2011 07:41 AM
★★NOW IN STOCK★★Pentax K-5 Limited Edition★★ Chuck-B&H Ask B&H Photo! 11 03-31-2011 05:29 AM
For Sale - Sold: Sigma APO EX 70-200mm/f2.8, Pentax FA 35mm/f2, Tamron 28-75mm/f2.8 chemxaj Sold Items 15 06-26-2008 06:58 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:50 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top