Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 300 Likes Search this Thread
04-10-2015, 05:14 AM   #601
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
More one is of course the FF. Im not allowed to talk about the others..Not yet..but soon
Of course... Though, I've been with Pentax long enough to assume a seeing & touching is believing attitude. All I see now is all kinds of re-iterations of the same boring stuff.

04-10-2015, 05:25 AM   #602
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Frater Quote
Ah, so we may see one full frame in three different body color variants
(only joking)

Actually, some more serious curiosity: Will wee see a K-3 successor this year?
If so, will this be a truly new model, e.g. an APSC version of the full frame?
Will the autofocus be all-new?
Im not allowed to say much yet..But what does your logig tell you?

QuoteOriginally posted by timcatn Quote
Kenspo.....My bank account (or should i say former bank account) hates you.......
Haha! Sorry! But good stuff gives more pleasure then money in the bank

---------- Post added 04-10-15 at 02:26 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Of course... Though, I've been with Pentax long enough to assume a seeing & touching is believing attitude. All I see now is all kinds of re-iterations of the same boring stuff.
I really dont know..or care..about the past or history in that matter I KNOW what is happening now, and what will happen in the time to come. It is really a new time for Pentax now
04-10-2015, 06:58 AM - 1 Like   #603
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really dont know..or care..about the past or history in that matter I KNOW what is happening now, and what will happen in the time to come. It is really a new time for Pentax now
Sooner or later people will figure that out. The biggest problem Ricoh has with the Pentax brand is the reflexive skepticism of it best customers!!
04-10-2015, 07:02 AM   #604

Pentax has a very promising future the highest quality lenses.
If future prime lenses follow the same d-fa path * 70,200 will not remember the Sigma lenses not available for Pentax.
kenpo, great shot, thanks for sharing your experiences.

04-10-2015, 07:02 AM   #605
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
It is interesting that you say that. It feels like there has been real investment on the part of Ricoh. Better cameras with actual improvement in auto focus systems. New lenses.

If the only thing you want is mirrorless with EVF, then it makes sense that you would say that Pentax is releasing boring stuff. But that hasn't been Pentax's strength over time and I can understand why they want to maximize their presence in the SLR market before going forward.

Last edited by Rondec; 04-10-2015 at 07:17 AM.
04-10-2015, 07:05 AM   #606
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There are 3 new cameras this year..So they can live in the hope
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
3 more cameras, i.e. 4 with the K-S2? All K-mount, or...?
  1. Market Attractor = K-S2
  2. APSc Mid-Range = (K-xx)
  3. APSc Flagship (K-x or K-3II)
  4. FF = ?????
Ricoh has a Plan . . . . . . .
04-10-2015, 07:07 AM - 1 Like   #607
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
It is interesting that you say that. It feels like there has been real investment. Better cameras with actual improvement in auto focus systems. New lenses.

If the only thing you want is mirrorless with EVF, then it makes sense that you would say that Pentax is releasing boring stuff. But that hasn't been Pentax's strength over time and I can understand why they want to maximize their presence in the SLR market before going forward.
Mirrorless, ugh, not even on the drawing board. Pentax has already said the mirrorless EVFs available today don't meet their standards. When they do they'll release something. For those who want a system that would be less than what Pentax considers to be the minimum standard, there are good mirrorless systems out there. There are Pentax adapters for them. It won't meet Pentax standards, but it will meet Sony's. Go for it.

Take control of your life people.

04-10-2015, 07:09 AM   #608
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by willeisner Quote
kenpo, great shot, thanks for sharing your experiences.
Pleasure is mine

---------- Post added 04-10-15 at 04:09 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
  4. FF = ?????
Yes, they have plans..Both short term and long term
04-10-2015, 07:37 AM - 1 Like   #609
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Mirrorless, ugh, not even on the drawing board. Pentax has already said the mirrorless EVFs available today don't meet their standards. When they do they'll release something. For those who want a system that would be less than what Pentax considers to be the minimum standard, there are good mirrorless systems out there. There are Pentax adapters for them. It won't meet Pentax standards, but it will meet Sony's. Go for it.

Take control of your life people.
I was just trying to figure out how Clavius can say that Pentax isn't releasing anything, when it looks like they have had a steady release of products over the last year. The only thing I can see is that he has a particular product that he wants and even if Pentax would re-release a 300mm f2.8 and 400mm f2.8 and a D4s clone, he would be frustrated that that particular product hasn't come out (ie mirrorless).
04-10-2015, 08:25 AM - 1 Like   #610
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
  4. FF = ?????
They where created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. They have a plan / bsg
04-10-2015, 08:30 AM   #611
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
5. Affordable FF.
04-10-2015, 08:58 AM   #612
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by melander Quote
They where created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. They have a plan / bsg
That's only true for Canon DSLRs
04-10-2015, 09:35 AM   #613

Im not allowed to say much yet..But what does your logig tell you?
I guess, yes, we will see a new top line APSC as well

But I'm totally clue-less this time, if it will be an all new camera, or just a "Mark II" increment with some "me-too" features like wifi and moveable back screen.

I don't dare to guess about the autofocus neither. Because most Pentaxians seem happy with the K-3 AF for their basic focusing requirements, I'm afraid it may not have been enhanced this time, if Ricoh didn't see a requirement to do so.

On the other hand, we saw investments in the AF System with both of the last two major APSC Releases, which could have been carried further...

Furthermore, for the FF alone they MUST have developed something new here anyway. And if so, then the new APSC could simply inherit this from the FF. And maybe even a 645z Mark II could.

YES, maybe the "3rd new camera" is actually an updated medium format?

But I admit there's some wishful thinking in it. Maybe even if they developed a new AF (along other innovations) for the FF, Ricoh may well withhold these intentionally from the APSC line, to bully as much Pentaxians as possible into the more profitable FF line. We don't know yet.

I've read in the forums similar accusiations towards the new Nikon D7200. Yes, Nikon fixed the well-known D7100 annoyances (bigger RAW buffer size, no banding noise any more, etc), so Nikon did listen, but there are some disappointed Nikonians out there which say Nikon could have done more (e.g. new body shape like the D5500, moveable back screen) but maybe didn't do so intentionally to keep an incentive to D7x00 customers to consider full frame.

Last edited by Frater; 04-10-2015 at 09:53 AM.
04-10-2015, 09:47 AM   #614
Veteran Member

I guess, yes, we will see a new top line APSC as well

But I'm totally clue-less this time, if it will be an all new camera, or just a "Mark II" increment with some "me-too" features like wifi and moveable back screen.
We'll know very soon! I know, but talking about everyone

I don't dare to guess about the autofocus neither. Because most Pentaxians seem happy with the K-3 AF for their basic focusing requirements, I'm afraid it may not be enhanced this time, if Ricoh didn't see a requirement to do so.
AF system is ok, but behind most other brands. They work on this.

Furthermore, for the FF alone they MUST have developed something new here anyway. And if so, then the new APSC could simply inherit this from the FF.
New features will come yes.

YES, maybe the "3rd new camera" is actually an updated medium format?
No, dont know anything about new Medium Format at this moment. There is another camera that is due to upgrading now
04-10-2015, 09:49 AM   #615
Veteran Member

No, dont know anything about new Medium Format at this moment. There is another camera that is due to upgrading now
The Q-S1 could use a more robust build...