Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 300 Likes Search this Thread
04-11-2015, 01:14 AM   #661
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
cheers to you kenspo and a big cheers to Pentax, good times ahead
It shure is! 2013 and 2014 was good, but 2015 and forward, will really shake things up

04-11-2015, 01:31 AM   #662
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Of course, a new GR is due to come too..I have no info on when yet, but this year is the plan. The FF will make more then Pentaxians to drop the jaw to the floor. Same with the next camera that comes before the FF too (I won't share details yet). But one thing is certain, Ricoh/Pentax is now tapping Nikon and Canon on the shoulder and saying "Heeeeello, here i am..be aware!" The whole company (Pentax) is loading their guns now..from the floor up to the management at the top. They are ready to rise again and kick som serious ass! So no fear of products at all!

Only real big job left, is rebuild everything around marketing They do work on that area too...

People need to understand, that Ricoh/Pentax are not playing, they are dead serious! But things are not fixed over the night. It takes time to correct and fix all the errors that have been done over the years. And the damage after Hoya is bigger then people are aware of. If you only knew the details of how close they was to throw in the towel, you would go But the tide has turned. The other brands will have to look out for and take us VERY serious in the future
Thanks for the info. It really is great to have someone on the inside provide info relatively frequently. Helps to make this forum the de facto Pentax place :-)

The DPR Pentax forum is extremely annoying mainly because a few paid/mental trolls are let roam free and spew the whining hate. One or two permabans would do wonders there :-)
04-11-2015, 01:34 AM   #663
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rorschach Quote
Thanks for the info. It really is great to have someone on the inside provide info relatively frequently. Helps to make this forum the de facto Pentax place :-)

The DPR Pentax forum is extremely annoying mainly because a few paid/mental trolls are let roam free and spew the whining hate. One or two permabans would do wonders there :-)
I wish i could share more..but I'm shure people understand that i can't I dont like that forum in general, but maybe i should go there and make some noise..haha
04-11-2015, 01:40 AM   #664
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Yes. Once the FF hits the market it will be hard for the K-3 replacement it get any press. They need to get the K-3 replacement out into the hands of reviewers ASAP so they can get some momentum going before an official FF body is shown. I would have thought that they would want 6 months between the APS-C body and the FF. If released too close together the FF will over shadow the K-3 replacement.
No, they could do something like a joint announcement they (well Hoya ) did with the K20D and K200D - both models got a lot of attention from both press and customers. Nikon did the same thing with the D3 and D300 and I believe it is a good path to follow. As I said before - getting the K-3 replacement on the market before they have the full frame model there will cost them a lot of (profitable) initial sales. Many won't buy it until they see what the FF model has to offer and the price range (a lot of people treat that stupid 2000EUR Pentaxeros' rumor seriously), some others won't consider or even notice the brand until they have full frame body on the market.
I know I'm gonna wait even if I don't need or want the fullframe (in my opinion the APS-C format is great and if I (rarely) need a fullframe I have another cameras available) - I want to see what features they put into their high end/pro body before I decide. So again - I'm not considering the full frame body because of a sensor format, it's secondary for me, I'm looking at features they put in and I know at least the couple of photographers that think the same...

04-11-2015, 01:40 AM   #665
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wish i could share more..but I'm shure people understand that i can't I dont like that forum in general, but maybe i should go there and make some noise..haha
I think everybody here understands very well. I actually know someone else too who also gets equipment from Pentax so I am familiar with how that goes.

I hope you do go there as well. There is one poster in particular who needs correct info about Pentax gear...and a kick in the ass/groin (your choice), might I add The same guy also trolls Canon in the comments section.
04-11-2015, 01:58 AM   #666
Veteran Member

Some trolls will be doing trolling no matter what hehe
04-11-2015, 02:09 AM   #667
Veteran Member

Only real big job left, is rebuild everything around marketing They do work on that area too...
That's the one thing, worldwide distribution system is another (I do believe a lot can be done by existing Ricoh channels but if they want to play serious they need more), and if they want to really get some pros into the brand, they need a worldwide pro service with replacement equipment available and so on - IMHO it is the hardest part especially if you realize the low count of pros using Pentax cameras now. Probably they got some experience with both 645 now, so they know what to do, but turning a Japan-centric company into a worldwide monster is not that easy... And while I do believe a lot is possible I'm really afraid if they have a time to build that "monster" before the DSLR market shrinks to the size it's not gonna be profitable anyway...

If you only knew the details of how close they was to throw in the towel, you would go But the tide has turned.
You mean Hoya? Or Ricoh at the beginning?

04-11-2015, 02:19 AM   #668
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jaad75 Quote
That's the one thing, worldwide distribution system is another (I do believe a lot can be done by existing Ricoh channels but if they want to play serious they need more), and if they want to really get some pros into the brand, they need a worldwide pro service with replacement equipment available and so on - IMHO it is the hardest part especially if you realize the low count of pros using Pentax cameras now. Probably they got some experience with both 645 now, so they know what to do, but turning a Japan-centric company into a worldwide monster is not that easy... And while I do believe a lot is possible I'm really afraid if they have a time to build that "monster" before the DSLR market shrinks to the size it's not gonna be profitable anyway...
You are spot on here.

You mean Hoya? Or Ricoh at the beginning?
Hoya. They even made it look better then it was, to get Ricoh to take over the pieces.
04-11-2015, 02:41 AM   #669
Veteran Member

They even made it look better then it was, to get Ricoh to take over the pieces.
Yes, I've heard the story about bringing 645D to the market, just to make an impression of being in good condition and that they were surprised it was actually selling... The only thing Hoya wanted was Pentax Medical anyway and they got what they wanted in the end.
04-11-2015, 02:58 AM   #670
Veteran Member

Yes, I've heard the story about bringing 645D to the market, just to make an impression of being in good condition and that they were surprised it was actually selling... The only thing Hoya wanted was Pentax Medical anyway and they got what they wanted in the end.
Hoya can burn! But..the past has maybe been dark, but the future has never been brighter. THAT is the important thing
04-11-2015, 03:12 AM - 1 Like   #671
Pentaxian

I generally like that forum, there are good people there too. Unfortunately, it's "under light moderation" which means certain people can troll to their heart's content, even clearly stating that's their purpose and insulting people.
If you go there, prepare to be attacked; and I don't mean the doubtful posts you saw here until we confirmed your credentials. I could already give you some names and what they would say I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Hoya. They even made it look better then it was, to get Ricoh to take over the pieces.
Forcibly taking over Pentax (with the help of those SPARX thugs); heavy handed cost cutting when investments were needed; cheating Ricoh into buying what was left. Sounds like a wonderful company.
I can't help thinking, what if Pentax Corporation remained independent? They barely launched the K10D, they were preparing lots of lenses - what if they were allowed to continue on that line?
But that's in the past, and Pentax now belongs to Ricoh - which was named "the world's most ethical company" 2 years ago, and appears to be really interested in making things work.
04-11-2015, 03:38 AM   #672
Pentaxian

Of course, a new GR is due to come too..I have no info on when yet, but this year is the plan. The FF will make more then Pentaxians to drop the jaw to the floor. Same with the next camera that comes before the FF too (I won't share details yet). But one thing is certain, Ricoh/Pentax is now tapping Nikon and Canon on the shoulder and saying "Heeeeello, here i am..be aware!" The whole company (Pentax) is loading their guns now..from the floor up to the management at the top. They are ready to rise again and kick som serious ass! So no fear of products at all!

People need to understand, that Ricoh/Pentax are not playing, they are dead serious! But things are not fixed over the night. It takes time to correct and fix all the errors that have been done over the years. And the damage after Hoya is bigger then people are aware of. If you only knew the details of how close they was to throw in the towel, you would go But the tide has turned. The other brands will have to look out for and take us VERY serious in the future
Well I hope they'll also look into the services done here in Asian countries. I understand that other Asian countries are having good services. Sad to say those cameras are made here in my country but our support service really sucks.
04-11-2015, 03:57 AM   #673
Veteran Member

@Kunzite The marriage between Ricoh and Pentax, is the best thing that could happen to Pentax. Just wait and see!

@totsmuyco They will also work on that field. So it will be better..Its like a BIG ship..it takes a while to turn it around.
04-11-2015, 04:24 AM   #674
Banned

I'm sorry, but did you missed that Pentax's marketshare outside Japan is like 1 % and currently sales are very marginal? There is not a sole in the cameraworld that has any worry's about what Pentax is Bringing.
04-11-2015, 04:24 AM   #675
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I want to see what features they put into their high end/pro body before I decide. So again - I'm not considering the full frame body because of a sensor format, it's secondary for me, I'm looking at features they put in and I know at least the couple of photographers that think the same...
The two cameras are targeted at completely different price points and user needs - they really don't overlap very much. As time goes by APSc will be differentiated from FF as much on usage as on price.

Features might end up being quite similar in many ways. Wait just a few weeks.