Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 300 Likes Search this Thread
04-11-2015, 04:26 AM - 1 Like   #676
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I'm sorry, but did you missed that Pentax's marketshare outside Japan is like 1 % and currently sales are very marginal? There is not a sole in the cameraworld that has any worry's about what Pentax is Bringing.
A good company doesn't worry so much about today. That die was cast three years ago.

A good company worries about three years from now.

04-11-2015, 04:29 AM   #677
Pentaxian

kenspo:
I believe you (can't wait to see it happening, though). Hoya selling Pentax to Ricoh was probably the best thing that could happen.
I'm just thinking about the years lost.
04-11-2015, 04:39 AM - 1 Like   #678
Veteran Member

I'm sorry, but did you missed that Pentax's marketshare outside Japan is like 1 % and currently sales are very marginal? There is not a sole in the cameraworld that has any worry's about what Pentax is Bringing.
This is about to change They are now targeting world wide.
04-11-2015, 05:09 AM - 3 Likes   #679
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax's best customers are not the ones that bought their cameras in the past, but those who will buy them in the future (Confusius - well if he didn't say it, he should have).

04-11-2015, 05:31 AM   #680
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
Pentax's best customers are not the ones that bought their cameras in the past, but those who will buy them in the future (Confusius - well if he didn't say it, he should have).
I get that but it is not entirely true - you're forgetting sales of lenses and other equipment.
04-11-2015, 05:54 AM   #681
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The two cameras are targeted at completely different price points and user needs - they really don't overlap very much. As time goes by APSc will be differentiated from FF as much on usage as on price.
I don't think it's going to be much different than it was with the D3 and D300 a couple of years ago. And I don't think that the 7DII and 5DIII markets don't overlap each other at some areas.
04-11-2015, 06:34 AM   #682
Pentaxian

All these good news makes everybody excited and the waiting to happen more difficult. Most of us would like to move the time forward to see what Pentax would give us. I'm very much interested in what Pentax will introduce on the APS-C line. The K-3 replacement and if possible, the integration of the motor of these new FF lenses into APS-C lenses. Indeed these are exciting times.

Last edited by totsmuyco; 04-11-2015 at 06:40 AM.
04-11-2015, 07:25 AM   #683
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rorschach Quote
I get that but it is not entirely true - you're forgetting sales of lenses and other equipment.
Sorry, I meant to say "gear" .
04-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #684
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I think the AF system in the K-3 was the first step, in that it out performed every production lens ever made by Pentax. These lenses are made to take advantage of it's capabilities.
from what Pentax service told me yesterday..the lenses motor's SDM, DC never run at full capacity,as they must be backwards compatible with all bodies..so the K3 does not outperform all other lenses,just lets them go a bit faster..
let's hope the FF will give max effect then!!
04-11-2015, 10:30 AM   #685
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
so the K3 does not outperform all other lenses,just lets them go a bit faster..
and going a bit faster isn't a performance increase? ... I'm shaking my head here.

The Pentax execs said the new lenses will take advantage of the K-3s new autofocus capabilities abilities none of the other cameras posses, the older lenses by inference, do not. That's the reality.

If you want to see what the new lenses are capable of, you need to try them on a K-3. They may work well on older cameras, but the K-3 has stuff the older cameras don't have. It's a completely new AF system designed to get Pentax close to Nikon and Canon.
04-11-2015, 10:34 AM   #686
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Of course, a new GR is due to come too..I have no info on when yet, but this year is the plan. The FF will make more then Pentaxians to drop the jaw to the floor

just whisper what it is to me I Norsk...igen vil ved men mig ....................

. Same with the next camera that comes before the FF too (I won't share details yet). But one thing is certain, Ricoh/Pentax is now tapping Nikon and Canon on the shoulder and saying "Heeeeello, here i am..be aware!" The whole company (Pentax) is loading their guns now..from the floor up to the management at the top. They are ready to rise again and kick som serious ass! So no fear of products at all!

Only real big job left, is rebuild everything around marketing They do work on that area too...

People need to understand, that Ricoh/Pentax are not playing, they are dead serious! But things are not fixed over the night. It takes time to correct and fix all the errors that have been done over the years. And the damage after Hoya is bigger then people are aware of. If you only knew the details of how close they was to throw in the towel, you would go But the tide has turned. The other brands will have to look out for and take us VERY serious in the future
The FF will make more then Pentaxians to drop the jaw to the floor

just whisper what it is to me I Norsk...igen vil ved men mig ....................
04-11-2015, 10:38 AM   #687
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
from what Pentax service told me yesterday..the lenses motor's SDM, DC never run at full capacity,as they must be backwards compatible with all bodies..so the K3 does not outperform all other lenses,just lets them go a bit faster..
let's hope the FF will give max effect then!!
It's all about that "AF tracking" you see....we need that feature to perform on the K3, the new D-Fa enable just that. People really buy into that bull, how Nikon's 3D tracking is superior. Have they tried it on a kit lens, or older legacy glass with screw-drive AF, its GARBAGE. They should have put an asterisks on that feature: Nikon 3D Tracking*

*Feature sold separately, an f2.8 premium telephoto lens produced after 2010 is required. It's advised that a budget of $2000 or greater is allocated for the feature to be enabled.
04-11-2015, 10:40 AM   #688
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Watch it! Many Finns understand Swedish quite well so other Nordic languages are not impossible ;-)

(with the exception of icelandish, of course, which is basicly Old Norse)
04-11-2015, 11:43 AM - 2 Likes   #689
Veteran Member

Apple Computer market share was below 5% and the company was losing money when Steve Jobs returned and re-energized Apple. Corporate turn-arounds often hinge on new products as well as on marketing. Apple caught all of the Windows OS manufacturers by surprise with an unending series of evolutionary products, capping all of them with the iPhone. In 2000, any investment broker would have counseled against buying Apple stocks. Now Apple is the most valuable corporation in the world measured by stock value. Ricoh so far has done everything right, in my opinion.
04-11-2015, 11:47 AM   #690
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rorschach Quote
Watch it! Many Finns understand Swedish quite well so other Nordic languages are not impossible ;-)

(with the exception of icelandish, of course, which is basicly Old Norse)

Hehe..wish i could give more details..not yet, but soon!