Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 300 Likes Search this Thread
04-13-2015, 09:30 AM - 1 Like   #766
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Wel Let me put some words to this. I don't see this as ranting, trolling or bashing . The poster is a Pentax user that maybe would buy the FF if it was available. This is simply not the case. We don't know anything for real about the camera. Not anything of the specs nor the date when to purshase. With holding a D600 and thinking of either a D750 or the Pentax FF it is reasonable to ask questions. Pentax doesn't have a good reputation of delivering good quality images to go with New lenses in the market. Heck. ..........It is even fair to state that they deliver crap images. For Japan it is different, but you don't sell lenses in Europe with images of blossomtrees.

There is no need on bashing the Pentax Brand, but lets be real and see that they aren't performing specless either.
We will learn over the coming months and quarters that the new Pentax under Ricoh is a different company than was the old Pentax under Hoya, Pentax and Asahi. K-3 was the first example of Ricoh's commitment to getting things as right as they can before releasing them. It is perfectly understandable that people rely on their historical experience with the brand so long as they accept that an entire decade of their experience was learned buying products made by a company that was THIS CLOSE to going under.

Each of us will have a moment at which we recognize the change and no one of us will convince another of us in advance of his personal realization. But know this - Ricoh is serious about this company. These products are designed and built to compete every day, at the professional level, versus the best the majors have to offer. In fewer than three months we will have a significant, unexpected release that could challenge EVERY ASSUMPTION we have about Pentax - then another - then the FF, then 4 - 6 more over the next 18 months from today. That doesn't count regular DA consumer lenses, Q releases, 645 releases, Firmware updates to existing (and in some cases discontinued) camera bodies. emerging product and consumer support, and - here it comes - marketing.

We are weeks away from more evidence of the change - but - as is often the case, those who have held out the longest give up right at the cusp of when they should fully commit.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-14-2015 at 06:10 AM.
04-13-2015, 09:35 AM   #767
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
So apparently the asking price went up for a while to over $1,700 in 2007
At the peak of the K10D / K20D resurgence . . . . . .
04-13-2015, 09:41 AM   #768
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
In fewer than three months we will have a significant, unexpected release that challenges EVERY ASSUMPTION we have about Pentax - then another - then the FF, then 4 - 6 more over the next 18 months from today. That doesn't count regular DA consumer lenses, Q releases, 645 releases, Firmware updates to existing (and in some cases discontinued) camera bodies. emerging product and consumer support, and - here it comes - marketing.
Tell us more...
04-13-2015, 10:06 AM   #769
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, monochrome sure got the audience captive with that :-)

04-13-2015, 10:06 AM   #770
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
Tell us more...
Just be patient (I know it is frustrating). The products will do all the telling for themselves.
04-13-2015, 10:09 AM   #771
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'd suggest people keep themselves busy, get a second job, volunteer, hike the Appalachian till October....
04-13-2015, 10:22 AM   #772
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
I'd suggest people keep themselves busy, get a second job, volunteer, hike the Appalachian till October....
but, "In fewer than three months..." Not much time till July

04-13-2015, 10:49 AM   #773

I'm an optimist in this. I'll ignore the pessimists, those who try to antagonize the Ricoh insiders. I like the hope and information of Kenspo. (Thanks!) Monochrome, always like your input. For those who say that Pentax is doomed.... in due time, you may find that Pentax has indeed BOOMED.
04-13-2015, 10:54 AM   #774
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think we can guess about the K3 specs. Still 24 megapixels. Connectivity from the K-S2. Some improvement in video specs. Improved auto focus module, with some specific ability to take advantage of the newer lenses. Price at about 1100 dollars release. Probably the addition of multiple exposure/sensor shift feature to improve resolution or improve color sensitivity.

I doubt that most folks with a K3 will actually be too excited about the release, but I wouldn't doubt that it will be real and precede the full frame release.
04-13-2015, 10:58 AM   #775
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rorschach Quote
Yeah, monochrome sure got the audience captive with that :-)
Sorry - I suppose that's an unfortunate side effect of what I wrote. I'm not under an NDA or anything but I do have a pretty good idea of what is happening. Some things I cannot tell, some things I know are being considered but might not happen, some things the technology isn't there yet, some things are just good guesses. It is a long journey, but the commitment is to become known as a premier alternative camera company, step by step, product by product, looking out 5 - 7 years (they're always looking 5 - 7 years out, even if three years have already elapsed since the critical decision to proceed was made).

I think we all know or can figure out what is coming this year beyond the announced products. All the clues are visible and people post about them daily (and I don't mean just Pentax Ambassadors posting things). What will be different is the specifications and qualities of the products compared to what we formerly assumed about Pentax. Some of our base assumptions I think aren't valid any more.
04-13-2015, 11:02 AM   #776
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
Would actually taking pictures count?
04-13-2015, 11:05 AM - 1 Like   #777
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevwaly Quote
I'm an optimist in this. I'll ignore the pessimists, those who try to antagonize the Ricoh insiders. I like the hope and information of Kenspo. (Thanks!) Monochrome, always like your input. For those who say that Pentax is doomed.... in due time, you may find that Pentax has indeed BOOMED.
Optimist is a good thing to be..The days are better..Negativity does make everything harder! I have said it for a while now, that its a new era now. Pentax will rise and grow!
04-13-2015, 11:08 AM - 1 Like   #778
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Some of our base assumptions I think aren't valid any more.
Yep. Not Pentax, it's Ricoh. So any assumptions based on past history are out the window. Note for example that the company known for a long time for the smallest, lightest lenses just released the heaviest lens in it's class............
04-13-2015, 11:17 AM   #779
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Yep. Not Pentax, it's Ricoh. So any assumptions based on past history are out the window. Note for example that the company known for a long time for the smallest, lightest lenses just released the heaviest lens in it's class............
And by far. I really need to start training at the gym again! haha But the quality of the glass
04-13-2015, 02:03 PM   #780
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
yes and while at it..a bird mode..shouldn't be too hard to recognize size,feather type,& program in 'typical' behavior patterns..

camera--find bird eating in tree--give me good shots(please)............
Nice shot, showing once again why the DA*300 is my favorite birding lens.