Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2015, 08:19 PM   #16
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,201
QuoteOriginally posted by afan137 Quote
I am not very interested with 70-200, but 150-450 is what I need. I hope the price tag is not very expensive. 1500 USD max is what I can see myself buying it this year.
Happy happy time for Pentaxian. CP+ Fun.
I was thinking more like $1995.00 or something like that .... close to $2K anyway ?

02-03-2015, 08:22 PM   #17
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,756
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
150-450 sure beats the original expectation of 380 on the long end.
Indeed. A very handy range on FF, even better on crop.
02-03-2015, 08:22 PM   #18
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 292
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I was thinking more like $1995.00 or something like that .... close to $2K anyway ?
The price in € is between 2000 and 2500,so that's the Pentax information from Photokina last year.
Best regards
02-03-2015, 08:23 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Pioneer's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Elko, Nevada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,226
I am very interested in that long zoom. This will be interesting to watch.

02-03-2015, 08:28 PM   #20
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 885
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
The price in € is between 2000 and 2500,so that's the Pentax information from Photokina last year.
Best regards
Tamron or Sigma 150-600 sounds more attractive in this kind of price.
02-03-2015, 08:30 PM   #21
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,703
QuoteOriginally posted by Daikokuya Quote
Meet "HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6".
Oh no, not another variable-aperture zoom? Pentax is doomed!
02-03-2015, 08:31 PM   #22
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 128
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
OS on them Does this mean what I think it means? Will there be wailing and gnashing of teeth?
I hope it means Pentax has engineered some super hybrid stabilization that gives you like 10 stops when using a lens with OS, or else the ****storm that'll ensue if the long-awaited FF has no IBIS will be biblical.
02-03-2015, 08:31 PM   #23
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 885
QuoteOriginally posted by Daikokuya Quote
Meet "HD PENTAX-D FA★70-200mm F2.8" and "HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6".


via digicame-info

?HD PENTAX-D FA?70-200mm F2.8???PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6???? - ????info
And those two lenses are not important. The important thing is that FF is coming...

02-03-2015, 08:33 PM   #24
Senior Member
afan137's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kyoto
Posts: 153
QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
Tamron or Sigma 150-600 sounds more attractive in this kind of price.
But they are not available in K-mount. Probably after few months, 150-450mm will be below 2000 USD.
02-03-2015, 08:36 PM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southern California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,181
QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on the Tamrom 70-200 2.8 last week.
When you see the price you'll wish you had.

QuoteOriginally posted by afan137 Quote
I am not very interested with 70-200, but 150-450 is what I need. I hope the price tag is not very expensive. 1500 USD max is what I can see myself buying it this year.
You want a new, high quality lens from Ricoh with a low price tag? Hasn't happened yet.
02-03-2015, 08:36 PM   #26
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,756
QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
Sigma 150-600
Depends which version of the Sigma - 'Sports' or 'Contemporary'. The weather-sealed 'Sports' version is quite expensive at US$2000, which is about the same likely price as the Pentax.
02-03-2015, 08:46 PM   #27
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southern California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,181
QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
And those two lenses are not important. The important thing is that FF is coming...
I hope you were being sarcastic here.


The quality of these lenses is Pivotal for Ricoh. This will establish their reputation for a long time to come - especially the 70-200/2.8.

They can come out with a fairly mediocre body - especially if the price is reasonable. They'll have more than one anyway - not saying exactly when they'll have two, but they will. Even if they turn out two mediocre bodies they can recover about a year later, and they'll get it right then (because they've already proven they can with APS-C). Not so easy to repair a lens reputation that hasn't even been built up yet.
02-03-2015, 08:49 PM   #28
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 885
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Depends which version of the Sigma - 'Sports' or 'Contemporary'. The weather-sealed 'Sports' version is quite expensive at US$2000, which is about the same likely price as the Pentax.
I mean, it is not a star lens and also no HD. It does not reach the same level of a star lens.
02-03-2015, 08:51 PM   #29
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,201
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
The price in € is between 2000 and 2500,so that's the Pentax information from Photokina last year.
Best regards
Sounds right, even in Euro's, for European customers.

Usually though, there is quite a discrepancy between the Euro and the USD, in favour of the USD.
We shall see how they price it in North America upon launching.

JP
02-03-2015, 08:53 PM   #30
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,716
QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
I hope you were being sarcastic here.


The quality of these lenses is Pivotal for Ricoh. This will establish their reputation for a long time to come - especially the 70-200/2.8.

They can come out with a fairly mediocre body - especially if the price is reasonable. They'll have more than one anyway - not saying exactly when they'll have two, but they will. Even if they turn out two mediocre bodies they can recover about a year later, and they'll get it right then (because they've already proven they can with APS-C). Not so easy to repair a lens reputation that hasn't even been built up yet.
+1 Exactly on target. Everything up to now could be blamed on Hoya or disorganization or reorganization or something. No longer, this is 100% Ricoh. Let's all hope they nail it. Especially the 70-200. That one has a star on it so no question it is the first of a new generation and sets the bar for everything going forward.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af, aperture, dc, drive, dslr, f/2.8, fa, ff, hsm, lens, lenses, offer, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, pentax-d, range, sigma, star, stop, tamron
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rumor: Pentax FF new Limited lenses coming soon? Stavri Pentax News and Rumors 253 09-27-2015 10:40 AM
New Sigma lenses (85mm f/1.4,24mm f/1.4,24-70mm f/2, 135mm f/1.8) are coming? starjedi Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 17 02-10-2015 07:48 PM
Three New K-Mount Lenses Coming Adam Homepage & Official Pentax News 27 09-15-2014 10:12 AM
Shooting with two similar lenses? what are the differences? cperry Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 7 09-14-2013 02:57 PM
How are these two lenses pakuchn Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 12-22-2009 08:58 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:09 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top