Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2015, 02:22 PM   #106
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southern California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,181
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
+1 Exactly on target. Everything up to now could be blamed on Hoya or disorganization or reorganization or something. No longer, this is 100% Ricoh. Let's all hope they nail it. Especially the 70-200. That one has a star on it so no question it is the first of a new generation and sets the bar for everything going forward.
Yes. And quite frankly, everyone else makes an excellent 70-200 (Canon/Nikon/Sony), so there's plenty of room for failure here. Sigma and Tamron offerings aren't quite up to the same standard, but they cost so much less (50-75% less - yes, Tamron's A-mount 70-200/2.8 is actually only 1/4 the price of Sony's offering!).

Ricoh's recent history is to price their premium lenses high, fully in line with the (also overpriced, though generally excellent) competition. So they'd better be excellent too!

02-04-2015, 02:24 PM   #107
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,443
QuoteOriginally posted by maiz Quote
i wonder if the pentax 70-200 might be a rebranded new generation tamron 70-200
No.
QuoteOriginally posted by maiz Quote
(which has in-lens stabilization
No.
QuoteOriginally posted by maiz Quote
and was never released in k-mount
No.
QuoteOriginally posted by maiz Quote
as their previous 70-200 was)
100% Pentax Pro-Grade lens. Much better than any Tamron.
02-04-2015, 02:29 PM   #108
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,626
QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
Yes. And quite frankly, everyone else makes an excellent 70-200 (Canon/Nikon/Sony), so there's plenty of room for failure here. Sigma and Tamron offerings aren't quite up to the same standard, but they cost so much less (50-75% less - yes, Tamron's A-mount 70-200/2.8 is actually only 1/4 the price of Sony's offering!).

Ricoh's recent history is to price their premium lenses high, fully in line with the (also overpriced, though generally excellent) competition. So they'd better be excellent too!
Followed by nice price drops within a few months. So one can always hope for that.

<-DA 20-40 user.
02-04-2015, 03:28 PM   #109
Imp
Pentaxian
Imp's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Washington, DC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,344
Ha, B&H has listed these lenses as APS-C. Guess they haven't heard the news yet! Still stuck in the old age.

02-04-2015, 03:34 PM - 1 Like   #110
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ontario
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,560
Hooray! Two lenses I can't afford! (More a complaint about my wallet size than these lens prices)

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
100% Pentax Pro-Grade lens. Much better than any Tamron.
Agreed. Those Tamrons are worthless junk by comparison. Hardly even worth the postage I'm willing to pay to take them off peoples hands as a public service.
02-04-2015, 03:55 PM   #111
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,443
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
Hooray! Two lenses I can't afford! (More a complaint about my wallet size than these lens prices)



Agreed. Those Tamron's are worthless junk by comparison. Hardly even worth the postage I'm willing to pay to take them off peoples hands as a public service.
People I know who use them say Tammys are very good lenses and excellent values. All mine are very, very nice. But they're not this.
02-04-2015, 03:59 PM   #112
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,419
I am happy with my lens collection. If the 150-450 would have been a 150-600 with the same features at that price I would have begrudgingly went ahead and hit up B&H for it.
02-04-2015, 04:06 PM   #113
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ontario
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,560
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
People I know who use them say Tammys are very good lenses and excellent values. All mine are very, very nice. But they're not this.
No doubt, I expect at these prices they've cut no corners and they'll be terrific performers. The Tamron 70-200's been on my list to buy for some time and I expect will still be the winner in the value category (where both my feet are planted even if my eyes do wander).

02-04-2015, 04:22 PM - 1 Like   #114
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,419
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
No doubt, I expect at these prices they've cut no corners and they'll be terrific performers. The Tamron 70-200's been on my list to buy for some time and I expect will still be the winner in the value category (where both my feet are planted even if my eyes do wander).
I have no complaints about mine.
02-04-2015, 04:28 PM   #115
Pentaxian
fearview's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jakarta
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,067
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
I think I am having a Pentaxagasm.
Just hold me.


Ahahahahha
it's all good Lauren
.
02-04-2015, 04:59 PM   #116
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,487
QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote
Ahahahahha
it's all good Lauren
.
Today has been amazing.
I can't explain *just* how happy I am.
02-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #117
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 416
If these are HD, why do they have green rings and not red?
02-04-2015, 05:27 PM   #118
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 9,343
Because people hated red too much; Pentax is listening.
02-04-2015, 05:44 PM   #119
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,771
QuoteOriginally posted by Newtophotos Quote
If these are HD, why do they have green rings and not red?
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Because people hated red too much; Pentax is listening.
ROFL. So will the HD DA Limiteds be unique with red rings?
02-04-2015, 05:51 PM   #120
Pentaxian
Digitalis's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Adelaide.
Posts: 8,796
QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Those tripod feet appear to have Arca-Swiss dovetails
I just noticed that - Nice touch pentax.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af, aperture, dc, drive, dslr, f/2.8, fa, ff, hsm, lens, lenses, offer, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, pentax-d, range, sigma, star, stop, tamron
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rumor: Pentax FF new Limited lenses coming soon? Stavri Pentax News and Rumors 253 09-27-2015 10:40 AM
New Sigma lenses (85mm f/1.4,24mm f/1.4,24-70mm f/2, 135mm f/1.8) are coming? starjedi Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 17 02-10-2015 07:48 PM
Three New K-Mount Lenses Coming Adam Homepage & Official Pentax News 27 09-15-2014 10:12 AM
Shooting with two similar lenses? what are the differences? cperry Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 7 09-14-2013 02:57 PM
How are these two lenses pakuchn Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 12-22-2009 08:58 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:19 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top