Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2015, 06:43 AM   #76
Pentaxian

That's not technically correct, as at least the * lens is AW, not WR. AW is the superior form of weather sealing.

02-04-2015, 06:46 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
That's not technically correct, as at least the * lens is AW, not WR. AW is the superior form of weather sealing.
True, I stand corrected. Tx!

Wim
02-04-2015, 07:04 AM   #78

QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
I would estimate the odds of them being screw AF as being roughly equal to them not being K mount.
Well, if you are right, them would be colossally stupid from Pentax. Screwdrive technology is stone-age one in this day and time. Everybody has abandoned that by now.

I am sure they have come up with something to make AF work on par with the best out there. These are workhorse lenses and they must perform without a glitch.

Dpreview has noted in their K3 review that it's not the AF system that's the problem, but rather the lenses which simply can't keep up.
02-04-2015, 07:07 AM   #79
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by deepbluish Quote
Well, if you are right, them would be colossally stupid from Pentax. Screwdrive technology is stone-age one in this day and time. Everybody has abandoned that by now.

(...)
May I suggest you re-read what filoxophy has written?

QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
I would estimate the odds of them being screw AF as being roughly equal to them not being K mount.

02-04-2015, 07:08 AM   #80
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Since the cat is allready out of the bag..This is the news i was talking about will be released for Pentax in 14 hours (from now). and first of many things to come...
Will Ricoh be doing any marketing in North America? Most stores are not stocking Pentax because they can't sell Pentax. This is because the customers are either too young to remember Pentax, or they're old enough to remember but believe that Pentax is out of business.
02-04-2015, 07:09 AM   #81
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
We do not have official names yet. According to what we know (or think we know) they aren't SDM nor DC nor IF nor AL nor SR nor WR.

Clearly something should be added in those names....
02-04-2015, 07:14 AM - 1 Like   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
I think I am having a Pentaxagasm.
Just hold me.

QuoteOriginally posted by JibbaJab Quote
Best Pentaxianism ever. I plan to have one tomorrow around 2pm PST.
OMG. Two additions to the Pentaxian Lexicon in consecutive posts.

02-04-2015, 07:15 AM   #83
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
Will Ricoh be doing any marketing in North America? Most stores are not stocking Pentax because they can't sell Pentax. This is because the customers are either too young to remember Pentax, or they're old enough to remember but believe that Pentax is out of business.
Or are just following the herd mentality and buying Canikon, like Harley-Davidson buyers.
02-04-2015, 07:16 AM   #84
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
OMG. Two additions to the Pentaxian Lexicon in consecutive posts.
I expect to see Pentaxagasm in a NCN story any time now...
02-04-2015, 07:50 AM   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
I have no idea about North America. For me it seems like North America, Asia and Europe are 3 different companies, or at least runned like 3 different. There are other people who can answer this one better then me i guess...sorry
02-04-2015, 07:53 AM - 1 Like   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I expect to see Pentaxagasm in a NCN story any time now...
Pentaxagasm-would that be a short period of excitement and elation followed by years of regret?

02-04-2015, 08:12 AM   #87

in-lens stabilisation?
02-04-2015, 08:15 AM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Daikokuya Quote
Meet "HD PENTAX-D FA★70-200mm F2.8" and "HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6".

via digicame-info

?HD PENTAX-D FA?70-200mm F2.8???PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6???? - ????info

Wow! Those are amazing looking lenses! Perfect for a pro photographer. Now let's see a body that I can mount my minuscule FA Limited primes!
02-04-2015, 08:18 AM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mythguy9 Quote
in-lens stabilisation?
I was hoping for this as well, given the many switches and the 645 90mm macro having SR, but I fear it will be unlikely. When I asked about this at Photokina, I got a very surprised look in response (like "is he serious?"). I think a focus delimiter would be more likely, and practical to speed up AF. Only a few hours to wait...

Wim
02-04-2015, 08:20 AM   #90
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I have no idea about North America. For me it seems like North America, Asia and Europe are 3 different companies, or at least runned like 3 different. There are other people who can answer this one better then me i guess...sorry
Actually, they are three (of five) separate companies.