Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 26 Likes Search this Thread
02-04-2015, 08:23 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Two placeholders for the new lenses appeared on the lens database of this site in a new section called "D FA Zoom Lenses". Interesting to note that both include "ED DC AW" in their description...

Wim

02-04-2015, 08:35 AM   #92

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
May I suggest you re-read what filoxophy has written?

Ooops.
02-04-2015, 08:39 AM   #93
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Actually, they are three (of five) separate companies.
Aah, ok..thank you! I have still a lot to learn about Ricoh/Pentax
02-04-2015, 09:04 AM   #94
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
OS on them Does this mean what I think it means? Will there be wailing and gnashing of teeth?
Do you think it means that tests showed that for long telephotos, in-lens stabilization worked better than in-body stabilization (see: Sigma K mount lenses with OS), so they were smart and put it in those lenses with some clever code to either disable in-body or better yet work in conjunction with in-body to deliver even even better result? Why would there be wailing about that?

02-04-2015, 09:05 AM   #95
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It seems there is NO ILIS in those.
02-04-2015, 09:08 AM   #96
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
A fixed aperture - that is one stop slower than the 100-300mm f/4. A stop makes a big difference when you use flash, which is pretty much mandatory for some wildlife subjects.

Pentax K10D - Sigma 100-300mm f/4 APO EX DG @ f/4 ISO200 1/180th - Wireless AF540FGZ with Honl 1/4th CTO filter.
It's also 150 mm longer than your Sigma lens and, if using this with the new body, will likely have ISO range of which you've only dreamed before.

From Digicame (google translated):

QuoteQuote:
As of specs of the next "HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW"

- Dust and water structure. 21 places in the entire ceiling
- Image circle covers the 35mm format
- Can be handheld shooting in a compact design
- HD coating
- Three ED lens, one abnormal low dispersion lens
- The latest optical design corresponding to the high pixel sensor
- Switch with quick shift focus system selector switch to "QFS / A", "QFS / M", "MF"
- "QFS / A" autofocus priority. "QFS / M" manual focus priority
- The set up four places AF button every 90 degrees to the lens barrel
- Focus preset mode for storing the focus position
- AF Cancel fixing force the focus position in the continuous AF
- Lens within the motor (DC motor)
- Zoom lock lever
- Circular aperture
- 3-stage focus limiter
- Lens front to the SP coating
- New development of removable tripod mount (Captive)
- Over-the-counter expected price is 275,000 yen (including tax) 150-450mm, there are AF button of four locations in the lens barrel, for example, can be carried out focus preset or Cancel AF, I seem to have become quite versatile lens. It is not a star lens, but because it is dust and water specifications, it is likely to be handled without problems in shooting in harsh environment. Price, it is going to be to the same extent as the first price of 80-400mm and Canon 100-400mm of Nikon.
02-04-2015, 09:13 AM   #97
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deepbluish Quote
Screwdrive technology is stone-age one in this day and time.
That's silly. Screwdrive technology is efficient and far more reliable, and even better (as shown with the K3), if they improve the screw drive motor on the body, all the lenses benefit from faster AF, immediately.

I'd like to see *all* the lenses have both screw drive and SDM/DC, with an in-camera option to choose, for when you'd rather not be making any sound. (for that matter, I'd like to see a setting that lets you go silent/dark -- turn off all sounds, display off or dimmed to lowest setting, etc. I need to take the time to make a user mode that does that for me.)

02-04-2015, 09:27 AM   #98
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
Do you think it means that tests showed that for long telephotos, in-lens stabilization worked better than in-body stabilization (see: Sigma K mount lenses with OS), so they were smart and put it in those lenses with some clever code to either disable in-body or better yet work in conjunction with in-body to deliver even even better result? Why would there be wailing about that?
I've heard that said for focal lengths longer than 300mm, which one of those lenses doesn't have. Now leaked specs are saying there isn't OS in the lens, so it may be a moot point.

Of course the leaked price point on the long lens means I'm going to be staying with my Sigma 150-500.
02-04-2015, 09:29 AM   #99
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's silly. Screwdrive technology is efficient and far more reliable, and even better (as shown with the K3), if they improve the screw drive motor on the body, all the lenses benefit from faster AF, immediately.
QuoteQuote:
Auto-focus (built-in AF motor, no support for screw drive)
This from the Lens Database placeholder entry. looks like screwdrive is on the way out. Not sure if that is a good thing. No converting these lenses to screw drive when the SDM fails

02-04-2015, 09:52 AM   #100
Pentaxian

The last Pentax dual-AF lens was announced in 2008; why are you surprised?
Besides, the lens does not use SDM but DC. Why are you worrying about a technology which is not included in those products?
02-04-2015, 10:44 AM   #101
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Those tripod feet appear to have Arca-Swiss dovetails -- that would be a nice touch.
02-04-2015, 10:52 AM   #102
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Those tripod feet appear to have Arca-Swiss dovetails -- that would be a nice touch.
LOL
02-04-2015, 10:53 AM   #103
Veteran Member

I'd like to see *all* the lenses have both screw drive and SDM/DC, with an in-camera option to choose, for when you'd rather not be making any sound. (for that matter, I'd like to see a setting that lets you go silent/dark -- turn off all sounds, display off or dimmed to lowest setting, etc. I need to take the time to make a user mode that does that for me.)

I think it's about accuracy. Gears just have more backlash, and that leads to focus errors.
02-04-2015, 02:10 PM   #104

i wonder if the pentax 70-200 might be a rebranded new generation tamron 70-200 (which has in-lens stabilization and was never released in k-mount as their previous 70-200 was)
02-04-2015, 02:21 PM   #105
Pentaxian

No way.