Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 414 Likes Search this Thread
03-28-2015, 03:49 PM   #331
Veteran Member

Useful test shots.

Puzzled Aussie here - how do they keep the snow off the grass? And why isn't the grass dead from the cold? Or is the secret that it is not real grass?

03-28-2015, 03:55 PM   #332
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
We'll spring you out of jail, Jatrax ... just pass the lens out your barred window first ... :-)
Glad you guys have my back. But you get the lens AFTER I get sprung, not before

---------- Post added 03-28-15 at 03:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Puzzled Aussie here - how do they keep the snow off the grass? And why isn't the grass dead from the cold? Or is the secret that it is not real grass?
I'm thinking that has to be artificial turf? Unless the field is heated. I remember a couple of colleges putting in heated fields to keep the ground from getting too hard, and to melt the snow. No idea how that worked out but I bet it is expensive to run.
03-28-2015, 06:29 PM   #333
Veteran Member

Useful test shots.

Artficial grass and heated field. In my hometown we heat it with excess heat from the powerplant. Lowering the temperature of the water in the system and thus increasing the efficency of the turbine.
03-28-2015, 07:51 PM   #334
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Thank you!! Will test some more with and without tripod etc

---------- Post added 03-28-15 at 08:50 PM ----------

Not in stores before end of April. I picked up mine at the Ricoh office
No pressure kenspo,but sun is up in a few hours & Birds will be singing
To pre-order or not..that is the question..and my fate lies in your steady hands & my banks mood that day

03-28-2015, 08:01 PM - 2 Likes   #335
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
With every shutter press Kenspo can feel the burning eyes of the pentaxforum collective, holding their breaths for that micro-second where the image finally appears on the lcd...No chimping, this is not the time, you never know when the clouds are gonna come in, cutting your shutter speed in half, bringing higher ISO and noise into play. You wrangle the beast, she's hard to tame. Perfect, a shot in focus...good job.....your brethren will be proud, you can hear thousands of pens clicking in unison, the rustling of the paper checks being written, the humming of the transformers growing bolder, the imperceptible dimming of the lights under the load, the increase in the magnetic field from the countless electronic transaction. The sun is setting and your arms are tired, your fingers ache. You did well, you tell yourself as your head hits the pillow. Tomorrow is another day, hope is bright...no pressure...
03-28-2015, 08:03 PM   #336
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will do some more testing during the easter holliday Will test all F-stops during the whole range + bokah..And for you; birds hehe
Great thanks for posting all those images .

Well ... I am surprised to see no shots at 450mm !! ???
One of the main reasons to get this lens would be to use it at full focal length, especially for "birding".
Let's see if you perhaps can come up with some shots at that FL.

Cheers!
03-28-2015, 08:07 PM   #337
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote

One of the main reasons to get this lens would be to use it a full focal length, especially for "birding".

Cheers!
Ricoh has probably handicapped the lens, it won't go past 320mm.

I need a sponsor to fly to Europe help the brotha' out with his second K3 + D-Fa lens.

Just do you best man, I don't care if you mount you lens on a Citroen, or shot suspended from wires...It's all good...just put it out there..

03-29-2015, 02:01 AM   #338
Veteran Member

Useful test shots.

Its Astroturf or whats it called in in english hehe

---------- Post added 03-29-15 at 11:02 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
No pressure kenspo,but sun is up in a few hours & Birds will be singing
To pre-order or not..that is the question..and my fate lies in your steady hands & my banks mood that day
If you are a bird-photographer, no doubt..go for it..trust me

---------- Post added 03-29-15 at 11:04 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote

One of the main reasons to get this lens would be to use it at full focal length, especially for "birding".

Cheers!
These pictures was most for showing that AF speed is really fast! Thats why kicking and running is posted. Will do much more pics and testing in the next week
03-29-2015, 04:50 AM   #339
Pentaxian

Thank you kenspoo, and please, we would like to :
- see some high-speed burst samples (K-3 continuous AF with suject follow-up)
- see the bokeh on f/2.8 shots
03-29-2015, 05:07 AM   #340
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Thank you kenspoo, and please, we would like to :
- see some high-speed burst samples (K-3 continuous AF with suject follow-up)
- see the bokeh on f/2.8 shots
Noted
03-29-2015, 05:23 AM   #341
Pentaxian

"AF speed is really fast!" - you say; is it on the same level as the 70-200? Or "just" better than other Pentax lenses, but below the 70-200?
Could you please compare those lenses a bit - for people trying to decide e.g. between faster aperture (incl. with the 1.4xRC) and reach? Thank you.
03-29-2015, 05:26 AM   #342
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
"AF speed is really fast!" - you say; is it on the same level as the 70-200? Or "just" better than other Pentax lenses, but below the 70-200?
Could you please compare those lenses a bit - for people trying to decide e.g. between faster aperture (incl. with the 1.4xRC) and reach? Thank you.
I tested them in good to ok light. Didn't notice any difference in AF speed there. But will continue test in different conditions
03-29-2015, 06:13 AM   #343
Pentaxian

Noted
Thanks and please note f/2.8 is for the other zoom, i would also appreciate the thing @f/4.5 for the one we speak about in this file
03-29-2015, 06:16 AM   #344
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Thanks and please note f/2.8 is for the other zoom, i would also appreciate the thing @f/4.5 for the one we speak about in this file
I suspected you ment that hehe
03-29-2015, 07:15 AM   #345
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
The plastic gears are part of the screw-drive AF (most lenses have plastic/nylon gears), they operate independently from the SDM...

No,the SDM also needs a gear.
The new DC Drive is the patent 3 years ago.
Motordrive withoutgear,direct power on the tube with the focusgroup
Like the USM Ring.
I compared it with the Nikon 2,8 70-200 II,comparable speed,but with a little bit longer focusway.
So it needs a little longer to drive from endless to close and back to endless.
But,if anybody can not catch the motive with the new lenses and the K-3.......should buy a cellphone for making pictures

Best regards

p.s.: actually both lenses are on stock may/June.
Closed Thread