Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2015, 10:39 PM   #436

Photos: Albums
I hope so,last information was May.
And the first shipping step is sold out 👍
You can buy one or have to wait a little bit for the next order.

04-14-2015, 10:45 PM   #437
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
I hope so,last information was May.
And the first shipping step is sold out 👍
You can buy one or have to wait a little bit for the next order.
Good for them. There seems to be a bit of pent up demand for things that fill the big holes in their offerings. My problem is to try to keep up. The 150-450, the K3II and the FF body are all very interesting, but which to buy? As well as rumors of long primes. Must go make more money.
04-14-2015, 11:44 PM   #438
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobkits Quote
No sir I don't think so !
To be honest,I would love to have 2500$ available and order the new HD but my bank account disagree with that.
I prefer to buy a brand new Pentax K3+Sigma 150-500mm for 1500$.
No money no honey, with all due respect
Am I wrong?
But you wrote
"You are very right about that.I've been waiting for this new lens so long but when finally came out
I was totally hurt with this Price.."

And that although it has been stated a zillion times here about the expected price.
You say it is too early to compare but you seemed (from your post) already made your mind for the Sigma.
Price of course is important but it seems for you the price is too high for the lens, which is impossible to say now (and for complete disclosure I will NEVER afford such lens so I'm myself included)
04-15-2015, 01:35 AM   #439
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We talk a lot about the lens which is expensive but expensive compared to which lens and for what specifications?

If the 150-450 zoom provides pictures of the same level of the Canon 100-400 II then I cannot blame Pentax for their pricing (even though I couldn't buy it myself. THAT IS IRRELEVANT).

BUT WHERE ARE THE PICTURES? is there any problem? Kenspo and some other ambassadors have the lens in their hands... Where are the results? I'm a bit concerned mostly about that and then the availability of the lens (it seems that it is still a hidden secret). Is there a delay in production due to problems that came up? Does Ricoh needs to make improvements or rectify the lenses? (I include the 70-200)

i would expect this thread to be filled with pictures... Pictures speak for themselves, no need for our comments. This lack of "material" just keep (bad?) criticism going and it is tiring...

04-15-2015, 01:47 AM   #440
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
BUT WHERE ARE THE PICTURES? is there any problem? Kenspo and some other ambassadors have the lens in their hands... Where are the results?
I wasn't going to test the 150-450 in the first place. But i picked it up since so many wanted to know. I Couldn't find the time to test it as good as i would like too. So i gave it to another one that did some testings. Pentax D-FA 150-450mm | Dag Thrane DagT is his name in here.
04-15-2015, 02:16 AM   #441
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
even with the TC attachted to it, it looks very fine at max
04-15-2015, 02:21 AM   #442
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I wasn't going to test the 150-450 in the first place. But i picked it up since so many wanted to know. I Couldn't find the time to test it as good as i would like too. So i gave it to another one that did some testings. Pentax D-FA 150-450mm | Dag Thrane DagT is his name in here.
Hello my friend @Kenspo. I didn't want to be rude or anything, sorry if I were! I have seen the pictures from @DagT, which were very promising but these were quite a long ago...

What I mean is that there is a new lens and some people have it in their hands. Where are the pictures that will speak for the lens. I know that one must be careful not to discredit the lens but most people in here know to evaluate pictures and see a weakness for example that is due to a new lens given to a photographer.

As DagT also commented the human factor seems to be the limit for the lens and if that is true why don't we see many more pictures from people that try the lens? That is my question...

Is there a long process where Ricoh must approve the pictures prior to publicize them? Is there any other problem having to do that probably even the K-3 is not good enough for the lens?

I couldn't sleep from my excitement if I had such a new gem in my hands and nothing happens in here to spread this excitement and stop all this whimpering...

Not your or Dag's fault Ricoh should be bombing us with pictures even through their mobile applications...
04-15-2015, 02:31 AM   #443
Pentaxian

Hello my friend @Kenspo. I didn't want to be rude or anything, sorry if I were! I have seen the pictures from @DagT, which were very promising but these were quite a long ago...
i can't check the exif from work, but he added a lot of new photo's, so you better check again

04-15-2015, 02:33 AM   #444
Site Supporter

I didn't take it as rude, so no worries mate I stated earlier, that on both the 70-200 and the 150-450, the camera seemed to be the limitation. Ricoh has done something to that already. Last update makes these two lenses better on the K-3. So I'm shure there will be more and better pictures that will come now I always try to spread excitement, but one man can just do this much..hehe
04-15-2015, 02:38 AM   #445
Pentaxian

kenspo, is there any significant improvement with the new firmware? Thanks.
04-15-2015, 02:39 AM   #446
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
kenspo, is there any significant improvement with the new firmware? Thanks.
Haven't been able to test it with the new firmware yet. I had only pre-production lenses. Sent them back. Waiting for the finished product.
04-15-2015, 04:46 AM   #447
Pentaxian

Would there be firmware updates for the k-5II/s and prior cameras so that we can really beat up this lens to the maximum?
04-15-2015, 05:22 AM   #448

QuoteQuote:
BUT WHERE ARE THE PICTURES? is there any problem? Kenspo and some other ambassadors have the lens in their hands... Where are the results? I'm a bit concerned mostly about that and then the availability of the lens (it seems that it is still a hidden secret). Is there a delay in production due to problems that came up? Does Ricoh needs to make improvements or rectify the lenses? (I include the 70-200)

i would expect this thread to be filled with pictures... Pictures speak for themselves, no need for our comments. This lack of "material" just keep (bad?) criticism going and it is tiring...
I totally agree, Ricoh should really lend the lenses to several photographers and take some time to choose nice pictures to post on their website. It would really help them... Kenspro, if you could make this information being heard by some marketing guy at Ricoh, it would be great ! The lenses should be available for sale since a month now, and we still have only very few pictures. The Ricoh website says that the 150-450 will come out next friday, but Asahi man says may. It's getting boring :/ .

QuoteQuote:
i can't check the exif from work, but he added a lot of new photo's, so you better check again
Thanks to point it, I missed it !! Some ones seems pretty good, especially this one. DagT, if you could upload this RAW to Dropbox, it would be nice !

QuoteQuote:
Would there be firmware updates for the k-5II/s and prior cameras so that we can really beat up this lens to the maximum?
I'd like to know that also, having a K5 (and not intending to upgrade - for now).

Last edited by timautin; 04-15-2015 at 05:32 AM.
04-15-2015, 10:38 AM   #449
Forum Member

What I mean is that there is a new lens and some people have it in their hands. Where are the pictures that will speak for the lens. I know that one must be careful not to discredit the lens but most people in here know to evaluate pictures and see a weakness for example that is due to a new lens given to a photographer.

As DagT also commented the human factor seems to be the limit for the lens and if that is true why don't we see many more pictures from people that try the lens? That is my question...

Is there a long process where Ricoh must approve the pictures prior to publicize them? Is there any other problem having to do that probably even the K-3 is not good enough for the lens?

I couldn't sleep from my excitement if I had such a new gem in my hands and nothing happens in here to spread this excitement and stop all this whimpering...

Not your or Dag's fault Ricoh should be bombing us with pictures even through their mobile applications...
I think I said that the human factor was mostly related to the combination with the TC. The lens as such is great and I would certainly consider buying it.
I did put the pictures in dropbox, but because of the uncertainties related to the TC use and software updates, I removed one of them. Anyway, you will find two examples here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kltb76zuwcf17p1/AACrW_nM26W-SvuFavO1UMCXa?dl=0

Im sorry that I havent been able to get any new pictures. Maybe kenspo will get a new chance :-)

DagT
04-15-2015, 10:56 AM   #450
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DagT Quote
I think I said that the human factor was mostly related to the combination with the TC. The lens as such is great and I would certainly consider buying it.
I did put the pictures in dropbox, but because of the uncertainties related to the TC use and software updates, I removed one of them. Anyway, you will find two examples here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kltb76zuwcf17p1/AACrW_nM26W-SvuFavO1UMCXa?dl=0

Im sorry that I havent been able to get any new pictures. Maybe kenspo will get a new chance :-)

DagT
Thanks for the Raw files DagT, very helpful. Keep up the good work.