Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2015, 07:56 AM   #751
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by f1monza Quote
Will here is the jest of it all.
I have used sigma lenses with
Canon bodies. Seems Sigma and Tamron will discontinue making lenses for Pentax bodies.
Old news.
According to Sigma and Tam on
Both companies decided not enough volume sales by Pentax owners. What ever you decided on make it quick. Soon Pentax owners are going to be left in the dark.
Including myself.
I too have owned Sigma lenses on my Canon. I did prefer the L lenses from Canon. May just convert back to Canon. Not enough support for PENTAX owners.
Just when I was getting the hang of my K5iis.
Just more FUD spreading.

05-05-2015, 08:02 AM - 1 Like   #752
Pentaxian

More FUD is a good sign; it means Pentax is seen as dangerous again.
05-05-2015, 08:30 AM   #753
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Agreed.
05-05-2015, 08:50 AM   #754
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote

05-05-2015, 08:55 AM   #755
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
Great shots. Thanks everyone for sharing. Both 150-450 and the DA* 300 are great lenses.
Add DA* 60-250mm f/4 to that list! I have taken more photos with that lens than all my others put together, because it so often used in burst mode. It is my favourite lens.

I have those two DA* lenses and the HD 1.4x RC for airshows, motor sports, birds in flight, etc. And I sometimes get decent photos, suitable for competitions, etc. But I also get a lot of failures. I think I am pushing them to their limits and beyond.

Or perhaps I have simply reached my own skill-limit, and I need some technology assistance.

My D FA 15-450 should arrive tomorrow. (Wednesday 6th). I hope it will supersede the use of the above equipment for those purposes - where the extra size and weight is acceptable!

(I have pre-ordered the K-3 II, in the expectation that it will be a perfect partner with the D FA 150-450, with SR suitable for panning and better AF than the K-3).
05-05-2015, 09:48 AM   #756
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Soon Pentax owners are going to be left in the dark.
Just beginning to see the light...!
05-05-2015, 10:44 AM   #757
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
Just beginning to see the light...!
I think that someones crystalball has let him/her down. It is dark. No light. That is why.

05-05-2015, 10:50 AM   #758
Pentaxian

Will here is the jest of it all.
"jest" means "joke" as in "court jester".
I'm not sure I see anything hilarious in your comments.

I wonder if what you really meant "gist", which means "main point"??
Gist | Definition of gist by Merriam-Webster

I also wonder if your information is any more worthwhile than your use of English is.
05-05-2015, 11:36 AM   #759
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
"jest" means "joke" as in "court jester". I'm not sure I see anything hilarious in your comments. I wonder if what you really meant "gist", which means "main point"?? Gist | Definition of gist by Merriam-Webster I also wonder if your information is any more worthwhile than your use of English is.
I took it to mean "gist" but if the OP was using a translator then it could be either.

And English might not be their native language.

And to put things in perspective the poster only just bought into Pentax last month, has hardly any posts which may mean they do not spend much time on line and so really have no clue that what they posted is old news. If the availability of Sigma and Tamron lenses was a major factor in their purchase decision then it seems to me they should have done their research before buying as the lack of third party lenses has been common gossip here for years.

The other possibility is the OP is a T****, but that is mean and leaping to conclusions. I will assume that they are simply not well informed. Particularly since it seems (to me) that instead of things getting darker they are about to get much, much brighter. If the OP thinks things are getting dark now they should have been here when the hottest topic was how long before Pentax closed for good.
05-05-2015, 11:52 AM   #760
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gidewey52 Quote
Looks like B&H has the 150-450 in stock!
Yep, my credit card has just had the single largest charge ever made to it. Looks like I'm gonna get it by this Friday.
05-05-2015, 12:01 PM   #761
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Barry Pearson Quote

My D FA 15-450 should arrive tomorrow. (Wednesday 6th). I hope it will supersede the use of the above equipment for those purposes - where the extra size and weight is acceptable!
Well that certainly beats anything the opposition have ever produced and I want one!

Is it a bit like this well known Sigma?

05-05-2015, 12:37 PM - 3 Likes   #762
Pentaxian

Got the French first copy tonight... calendar coincidence, i got my PF T-Shirt by air-mail as well !
*SOUNDS ALL SO GOOD*

Last edited by Zygonyx; 05-05-2015 at 12:57 PM.
05-05-2015, 12:42 PM - 2 Likes   #763
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
If the OP thinks things are getting dark now they should have been here when the hottest topic was how long before Pentax closed for good.
IMHO the biggest problem Ricoh has is dispelling the myth.that Pentax isn't a viable camera brand.
05-05-2015, 12:46 PM   #764
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
B&H Shipping First Orders Tomorrow

QuoteOriginally posted by gidewey52 Quote
Looks like B&H has the 150-450 in stock!

Jerry
Manassas VA
I just spoke to my acct rep at B&H ... Pre order allocations have been made, Mine was ordered First hours of pre-orders being open.... Will ship expedited Tomorrow PM. Now we'll see if ePhotozine was as accurate as they have been... If so, great.... If too lenient, I'll still be wondering what happened on the HD 55-300 review...
05-05-2015, 12:56 PM   #765
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
IMHO the biggest problem Ricoh has is dispelling the myth.that Pentax isn't a viable camera brand.
Yep, always darkest before the dawn.

Always an information lag. People just realizing Pentax is in trouble when in reality they WERE in trouble and have moved beyond that into a new beginning.

And one indication of that is this lens. Which seems to be selling. Stock is getting to stores and it is moving out. I would be curious what the production rate is. And if stores ordered based only on pre-orders or if they bought extra for stock.

Just checked Amazon and the only seller is "Cool Japan Osaka Select Shop". But it is in stock and ships within 3-4 days. I'm guessing this seller is in Japan from the name but who knows.

B&H shows in stock, Adorma is pre-order only
Closed Thread